Casa Mexicana Cozumel
Hotel Plaza Cozumel(Cozumel)
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
    1,241 results
    All reviewsbreakfast buffetcity viewthe breakfast areasmall poolcentral locationrecommend casaan ocean view roomaqua safarirestaurants and shoppingferry pieromeletevery morningyogurtdefinitely stay here againocean frontdive triptown square
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed April 27, 2009

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for five nights, and were very much satisfied. Right in the center of downtown Cozumel, the location is perfect. We got a room with ocean view and despite what other reviewers wrote, it was not noisy at all. The room was clean, with good air-conditioning, and a spacious bathroom with all the amenities.
    The best part was the breakfast buffet. They serve tons of fruits and many choices of warm food and freshly squeezed grapefruit and orange juice. Breakfast is served in the open terrace and the atmosphere was great.
    If you want a secluded, everything included place, this is not a place for you. For example, the hotel lobby is used for a conference and meeting, and people come in and out on that occasion. But if you want a modern, clean room, convenient location, and great breakfast, Casa Mexicana de Cozumel is THE place for you!! We will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed April 1, 2009

This hotel turned out to be perfect for us. We wanted something that was affordable, close to downtown, and close to our dive shop, but without sacrificing on quality. The Casa Mexicana fit the bill perfectly. It is located very close to the main square in the downtown area and 50 feet from our dive shop, Aqua Safari and their pier. The facility and rooms are very nice, totally clean and well-maintained. The morning breakfast buffet was just awesome, and the staff who served it were fantastic. This hotel is not a 5-star all-inclusive with a huge pool, but if you are in Cozumel to dive and explore, it is perfect. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed March 13, 2009

We had a wonderful time at Casa Mexicana Cozumel. The hotel was very clean and we had an awsome view from our room. The staff was wonderful and the breakfast was great. In the afternoon we would sit by the pool and have a couple of drinks at the bar. It was a lot of fun to "people" watch!! We will be back!! I would recommend this hotel for anyone. The price was right and in such a great spot of downtown!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
    Reviewed March 11, 2009

My husband and I have been to Cozumel many times but this was the first time we stayed at Casa Mexicana. I have to say we were very pleasantly surprised. We normally stay at another boutique hotel, but this will be our spot from now on. Anyone who has been to Coz knows that the beds are pretty hard. The beds here were pillowtop and quite comfortable with more soft pillows than you could possibly use. Every morning beginning at 7:00 they put out a beautiful breakfast buffet with pretty much anything you could want. We dive and it was always a problem finding something to eat early in the morning, unless you could get by on a few pastries and coffee. The buffet is great! Just about any time of day or night you would see some of the staff cleaning something. The place was always spotless. The maid service is just as thorough and our room was always clean with fresh towels and restocked with toiletries everyday when we got back from diving. Thanks Manuela! The rooms are very quiet and comfortable with a very nice balcony area and plenty of places to hang our wetsuits and such. We were there during Carnival and had a great view of the parades from our balcony, yet when we were ready to go to sleep, all we had to do was close the sliding glass door and it was extremely quiet. They also have free WIFI in the lobby, but if you don't bring a laptop, they have a computer room with about five computers, also free. I never had to wait for a computer either. I can't say enough good things about this place, and the Staff is the best and very helpful and friendly. You can't go wrong staying here. We will be back!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank bgarn
    Reviewed January 26, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at Casa Mexicana for a quick weekend getaway and loved it. The room was spacious, clean and we had a decent view from our little balcony. The bed was extremely comfortable and the towel-gami was a cute thing to return to every afternoon. The breakfast buffet was AMAZING! Location was excellent - within walking distance of many restaurants, shops and an easy walk to the ferry to Playa del Carmen. The staff couldn't have been nicer. I'd love to stay again soon! If anyone is looking to get scuba certified (I did!) work with Scuba Gamma - an excellent dive shop right around the corner. The instructors and owner guided me through the process and I am now a convert - very professional, fun and easy to work with group. I can't recommend them highly enough.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple