“Great location off the ferry”

Casa Mexicana Cozumel
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed March 4, 2014

10 minutes walk from ferry with your bags if you are up to it. Worth getting an ocean view room, the ones on the 4th floor have excellent views.
Clean hotel, friendly staff, great breakfasts, can't fault it. Gets a bit busy outside when the cruise ships unload 8,000 people for the day but when they've gone the place is very quiet.
Scooter hire booked through the hotel as well, Espana Scooters. Reliable.

Room Tip: Ocean view.
2  Thank Jude96
There are newer reviews for Casa Mexicana Cozumel

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We have stayed for 3 nights in Casa Mexicana at the beginning of February. We have booked one of the Ocean Front rooms and I believe they are totally worth the extra price. Option to go out into balcony which is very private, overlooks the water (and many of the cruise ships) is great to have. We were amazed how quiet the room was even with the main road just below you. Breakfast is served as massive buffet of continental and more Mexican options to choose from. The only minus for us was the lack of proper bar where you could get coffee or quick drink. There is small drink stand in the main lobby but very often it wasn't occupied by staff. Otherwise great location with clean rooms at decent price.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bibianna_w
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights before boarding a cruise. The staff were nice. The higher floored rooms are nicer with a view. The breakfast is OK but the town restaurants are cheap so its better to head out. I would recomend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert P
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed at Casa Mexicana and really liked it. It fit our needs as divers... We had tile floors and a big deck to hang our dive gear to dry each night. It has a great central location within walking distance from grocery stores, cruise ship shopping malls, or the real shops along the main street and back streets. Tons of restaurants and bars in walking distance. For the nights/days you want to travel further there are a line of taxi's waiting right across the street to take you places. Our room was cleaned daily. The bar was really small so don't count on hanging out at your hotel bar at night. The breakfast was awesome with lots of variety. We will definitely stay at the Casa Mexicana when we go back... you can't be it for the quality and the price!

1  Thank Kambra L
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We spent 10 days in Casa Mexicana Hotel in Cozumel and couldn't have been happier. Our room and the entire hotel sparkled and the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. The breakfast, provided with the room, was excellent and cooked to order. The hotel is conveniently located near the center of the city but, being elevated above the street, you are protected from the clamor of the tourists and vendors. The only drawback is that you must take a Taxi to any of the sandy beaches but the in-house pool area is lovely and uncrowded. We would not stay anyplace else.

Room Tip: If you want a room facing the water, book early. Rooms with balconies have some view of the water a...
1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is a very well maintained, modern hotel that is immaculate clean. They have a good breakfast buffet. The hotel is very well located and across the street from the Aqua Safari Pier for diving. The staff is great and the maid made the coolest things out of towels!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed at your hotel from Thursday, February 6 until Saturday, February 8, 2014.
My reservation was made by the a local Hospital on my behalf since my father was a patient there. He and I has been evacuated from our cruise ship sine he was gravely ill and needed immediate medical treatment. I was assured that your hotel would be clean and comfortable. I checked your hotel on the Tripadvisor website and all the reviews were excellent so I agreed.

I was extremely unhappy from almost the first moment. I was given a room on the first floor. When I entered the room, I went to use the bathroom right away only to discover that the bathroom was very dirty. The toilet had been used, there was fecal matter in the bottom of it and there was used soap in the soap dish. I was disgusted! I went to the front desk to complain and was given another room also on the first floor. I spent the night in this room. In the morning I decided to take a shower. I removed a large towel from the shelf above the toilette, opened it up and a used tissue fell out of it! Disgusting! I called front desk again and reported this. A man brought clean towels and took the dirty one away along with the used tissue at my insistence. He was not going to do this at first so I had to get quite angry with him. When I opened the shower curtain to take my shower, there was someone else s hair in the bottom of the bath tub! Again disgusting! I did take a shower, since I needed to get to the hospital to meet with the doctors. When I got out of the shower, I discovered the hair dryer did not work. I was extremely frustrated and very angry at this point! I would have packed my bags and moved out at this point, but I really had no choice but to stay because of the situation with my father. Once again, I went to the front desk to complain. I was offed another room on the second floor which the front desk clerk and I inspected together and it seemed to be clean. She also gave me a working hair dryer. So I moved to this room and it seemed fine.
When I checked out on Saturday I expressed my anger and disgust with the front desk. At no time was I offered any discount for my stay and I wad charged $135.00 Usd per night. Your hotel was not worth that. I explained my situation to the front desk from the beginning. I did NOT need this extra stress added to my stay in Cozumel. I paid the bill and left since I did not have a lot of time, my father was being flown out by air ambulance that afternoon.
I fell that I should be refunded at least for one night. Three rooms in two days, two of which were dirty was unacceptable. I feel your hotel took advantage of me and my situation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo