“Cleanest, friendliest hotel we have ever stayed in.”

Casa Mexicana Cozumel
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We spent 10 days in Casa Mexicana Hotel in Cozumel and couldn't have been happier. Our room and the entire hotel sparkled and the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. The breakfast, provided with the room, was excellent and cooked to order. The hotel is conveniently located near the center of the city but, being elevated above the street, you are protected from the clamor of the tourists and vendors. The only drawback is that you must take a Taxi to any of the sandy beaches but the in-house pool area is lovely and uncrowded. We would not stay anyplace else.

Room Tip: If you want a room facing the water, book early. Rooms with balconies have some view of the water a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is a very well maintained, modern hotel that is immaculate clean. They have a good breakfast buffet. The hotel is very well located and across the street from the Aqua Safari Pier for diving. The staff is great and the maid made the coolest things out of towels!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed at your hotel from Thursday, February 6 until Saturday, February 8, 2014.
My reservation was made by the a local Hospital on my behalf since my father was a patient there. He and I has been evacuated from our cruise ship sine he was gravely ill and needed immediate medical treatment. I was assured that your hotel would be clean and comfortable. I checked your hotel on the Tripadvisor website and all the reviews were excellent so I agreed.

I was extremely unhappy from almost the first moment. I was given a room on the first floor. When I entered the room, I went to use the bathroom right away only to discover that the bathroom was very dirty. The toilet had been used, there was fecal matter in the bottom of it and there was used soap in the soap dish. I was disgusted! I went to the front desk to complain and was given another room also on the first floor. I spent the night in this room. In the morning I decided to take a shower. I removed a large towel from the shelf above the toilette, opened it up and a used tissue fell out of it! Disgusting! I called front desk again and reported this. A man brought clean towels and took the dirty one away along with the used tissue at my insistence. He was not going to do this at first so I had to get quite angry with him. When I opened the shower curtain to take my shower, there was someone else s hair in the bottom of the bath tub! Again disgusting! I did take a shower, since I needed to get to the hospital to meet with the doctors. When I got out of the shower, I discovered the hair dryer did not work. I was extremely frustrated and very angry at this point! I would have packed my bags and moved out at this point, but I really had no choice but to stay because of the situation with my father. Once again, I went to the front desk to complain. I was offed another room on the second floor which the front desk clerk and I inspected together and it seemed to be clean. She also gave me a working hair dryer. So I moved to this room and it seemed fine.
When I checked out on Saturday I expressed my anger and disgust with the front desk. At no time was I offered any discount for my stay and I wad charged $135.00 Usd per night. Your hotel was not worth that. I explained my situation to the front desk from the beginning. I did NOT need this extra stress added to my stay in Cozumel. I paid the bill and left since I did not have a lot of time, my father was being flown out by air ambulance that afternoon.
I fell that I should be refunded at least for one night. Three rooms in two days, two of which were dirty was unacceptable. I feel your hotel took advantage of me and my situation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank mydogjane
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Nice, comforable, modern Mexican hotel.
All stucco and tile, which allows their staff to scrub it daily.
Kudos to the architect. Thanks to the staff.
The pool looks good, but too shallow to be very swimmable.
The rooms have thermal glass sliding doors, to keep out the noise.

Room Tip: Rooms 406 and 506 are my faves.
Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Great breakfast,clean room,friendly staff and internet free-you can ask the password at the reception area.The minus point is that tiny pool they have at the porch overlooking the water and the pedestrians and maybe they can just convert it to a spa and continue sipping your wine and drinks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We only stayed 1 night in Cozumel and enjoyed our time at Casa Mexicana.
The room was clean and a good size. The buffet breakfast had a good selection, and the staff were very friendly.
It's only a couple of blocks from the ferry terminal so we walked with our luggage and enjoyed being close to the main tourist strip.
Not sure if there are other hotels with better value, but I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SydScott
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, good price...very friendly, very very clean - think I saw people cleaning it about 20 hrs a day. Pretty big rooms and once again clean. Great breakfast buffet with made to order eggs/omelets and fresh juice.

Middle of downtown Cozumel, walking distance to everything, shops, restaurants and plaza. Great big parking pretty close across side street if you have a rental.

Pier right across street for scuba diving, snorkeling, etc. You can actually grab your snorkeling gear and just walk right across the street and jump in and snorkel.

Big terrace that you can sunbathe on, have a drink and watch all the people get off the cruise ships (looks like ants everywhere) or enjoy the sunset and watch the cruise ships sail away with all the lights on. Disney cruise ships are the best!

Definitely recommended if you're visiting Cozumel...but who visits Cozumel and doesn't go diving or snorkeling.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends