This was our second trip to Cozumel. Last time we stayed at Cozumel Palace, and while a wonderful place to stay, we wanted to put more of our money towards diving and less on lodging. IMO, Casa Mexicana is just as nice but is much less expensive.
Our room was clean, roomy enough for the 2 of us and our things and the beds were pretty comfortable for hotel beds. For the most part the noise level was tolerable other than the breakfast clatter and when a very large group of teenagers checked in for some festival going on. They were quiet at night though so we weren't bothered much. The soccer fans outside were the loudest when they were celebrating a last minute win. Lucky for us we didn't want to get to sleep early that night.
The included breakfast buffet was okay, I just wish they offered bacon on a daily basis (they only had it one of the five mornings we stayed). The made to order eggs and pancakes were great though and the fresh OJ was delicious!
The central location was ideal so we didn't have to pay a taxi anytime we wanted to find a place to eat. We got a kick out of the "hawkers" that tried to get us to "buy something for the lady" each and every time we walked by their shops. After a few days they got to recognize us and knowing we weren't going to stop they came up with some very humorous comments!
Everything went very smooth during our stay. Housekeeping was awesome! Every day we'd come back to our room and there would be a different towel art for us to enjoy. We called down to the front desk one day to inquire about an ice machine and they brought us up a bucket full right away. Alex at the front desk even called to make sure we got it quick enough!
We only enjoyed the "pool" once but it was nice to just relax with a wonderful (and potent!) margarita from the bar without a lot of people around like at larger resorts with larger pools.
We hope to return to Cozumel again next year and will certainly consider Casa Mexicana again (unless we decide on a condo rental instead).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautifully-designed hotel and our loving staff are ready to delight you in Casa Mexicana, like your home away from home! We're located very close to the main pier at Cozumel, just in the heart of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Mexicana Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mexicana Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Casa Mexicana Hotel Cozumel
- Cozumel Casa Mexicana