My husband and I stayed at Casa Mexicana Cozumel in July 2012 (just never got around to posting). We booked our room for two nights from Playa the day we checked in. We loved it so much that at the end of our two nights, we booked the remainder of our ten nights at the Casa Mexicana.
The initial room was nice and had a small balcony that looked over the side street, the big "shopping" mall and the cruise ships at one of the piers. This room wasn't available for the remainder of the time we wanted, so we upgraded to a ocean view room. The view was spectacular and we watched the sunset as well as the ships go in and out daily.
It is across from the busy main street and is at the edge of San Miguel, but that is good for us because we could walk just a couple blocks to shop or eat. If you walk the other way just a couple blocks, you reach Walmart where you can get your supplies. There is a fridge (no microwave), but we ate out and also ate in via food purchased at Walmart on our way back from our daily snorkeling. Breakfast is a buffet included in the price and is delicious, but features basically the same thing daily. The cold food stays cold and the hot food, hot.
The pier to Play del Carmen is within walking distance and taxis are abundant.
There is a beautiful, yet small pool (enough for a cool dip) in the ginormous atrium. The atrium itself is spacious and there are various comfy chairs and tables to sit alone & read, use your laptop, or chill with your group. The atrium is decorated with various Mayan art and includes a small "help yourself" library. There is also a very up-to-date computer stations (4 computers) attached to one printer which they provide for any printing needs you might have.
There are two cons: 1. you have to leave. 2. due to the great atrium, sometimes the noise ventures up to the rooms, but that's usually only during the breakfast time.
Anytime we visit Cozumel, we will stay at Casa Mexicana Cozumel!
Debby & Mike Callahan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautifully-designed hotel and our loving staff are ready to delight you in Casa Mexicana, like your home away from home! We're located very close to the main pier at Cozumel, just in the heart of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Mexicana Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mexicana Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Casa Mexicana Hotel Cozumel
- Cozumel Casa Mexicana