“Didn't care for it”

Carlo's N Charlie's Beach Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Carlos' n Charlie's Beach Club is definitely your Best option!! Beautiful beach, excellent food,unforgettable atmosphere and great entertainment with totally FREE entrance! A relaxing concept for those who enjoy eating well, having the best drinks and living life to the fullest. We have all the SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES you need :*Palapa & Deck restaurant (International cuisine) kitchen open from 10am to 4pm and Bar open till' 5pm.*Full menu service on the Beach*Wi-Fi*Massages & Hair braids Palapa*Snorkeling tours*Waverunners and Banana boat*Parasailing*Souvenir Store*Handcraft Store*Silver Store*Tabacco Shop. and taxi service at the door..
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've been on 3 excursions in Cozumel (Isla de Pasion, Nachi Cocum, and here) and this was my least favorite. First of all, DO NOT purchase an excursion to this place through your cruise line -- they will rip you off. All you have to do is walk to the end of the pier and catch a taxi ($30 roundtrip for a group of 3) to the club. There is no entry fee at all. We walked in and were immediately bombarded by a group of employees. We ordered a couple of mixed drinks ($6 each) and then headed to the beach. There wasn't much privacy or relaxation at all, and it was really loud with waiters blowing whistles and making a lot of noise. Much more of a high school/college party crowd. My wife and son decided to do a snorkeling tour on the glass bottom boat owned by the guy who runs C&C. For $50 total I thought it was a good deal. While they were gone I went out into the water, which wasn't nearly as clean or clear as the two other places I mentioned. Lots of seaweed and crap in the water, and the bottom was rock and not sand. I am not a big drinker, so I decided to sit in a chair and take a little nap until my wife and son returned. However, I could barely close my eyes before being harassed by vendors and C&C employees asking if I wanted another drink. I wasn't interested in buying anything they were selling (junk) nor was I interested in drinking any more. So anyway, one of the young guys asked if I wanted a drink and I told him no, and he replied, "Well if you sit in our chairs, you're expected to buy drinks." I guess the $50 we spent on snorkeling and the $12 on other drinks wasn't enough. It just seemed rude, in my opinion. Nachi Cocum was a zillion times better than this place.

6  Thank ndstrukt
"quesadilla"
in 7 reviews
"visiting cozumel"

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is a party bar with decent food, and lots of beach and water attractions. You can sit outdoors or inside, but beware parking is at a premium if you drive there. You will be offered pictures and henna tattoos, but they are reasonably laid back as far as badgering you to buy. The vendors pay about $800 a month for the privilege of being there, so be kind.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

we took our scooter south of town a few miles and landed at a place I had seen for years called Carlos' n Charlie's. I figured I would pay a few pesos to get in and access their nice beach and beach chairs and umbrellas. I had a drink in my hand in about 3 minutes and never paid anything to be there. A cruise ship family of 3 was just pulling out on a glass bottom boat for a snorkel trip to the reef. The captain saw us and had the guide run up really quick to see if we were interested. I was able to bargain for $20/ea including equipment but I had to take my drink and go immediately. The reef was awesome and we some quite a few barracudas as well as a great number of beautiful fish. These trips sell fro $40 in town all day long. The food was really good and I recommend the fish tacos. Prices are a little high for drinks but hey everyone needs to make a few pesos. At least the exchange rate was the best I saw anywhere in town. I will be back next time.

1  Thank Thadwalton
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The food, the service, the entertainment.....500 out of 10. I love, love this place. I am 52 yrs old and travel a lot.....have since I was 15. This place is my #2 spot. Cozumel is my 2nd home. I love the people and the place. My fave Mexico spot.