“Carlos' n Charlie's is the ONLY place to be in Cozumel, Mexico!”

Carlo's N Charlie's Beach Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Carlos' n Charlie's Beach Club is definitely your Best option!! Beautiful beach, excellent food,unforgettable atmosphere and great entertainment with totally FREE entrance! A relaxing concept for those who enjoy eating well, having the best drinks and living life to the fullest. We have all the SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES you need :*Palapa & Deck restaurant (International cuisine) kitchen open from 10am to 4pm and Bar open till' 5pm.*Full menu service on the Beach*Wi-Fi*Massages & Hair braids Palapa*Snorkeling tours*Waverunners and Banana boat*Parasailing*Souvenir Store*Handcraft Store*Silver Store*Tabacco Shop. and taxi service at the door..
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Carlos' n Charlie's is the ONLY place to be in Cozumel, Mexico!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Last year my girlfriend and myself went on a Royal Carribean's "Liberty of the Seas" cruiseship to Mexico. Prior to the trip I researched our ONE day we would have in Mexico, trying to figure out what beaches are the best, what restaurants and atmosphere would suit our needs. Well, we took a cab down to Carols N Charlies Beach Club and NEVER LEFT! The staff was SUPER FUN and friendly.

The food and waiter catered to my EVERY need, and MMMmmmmm the food was amazing - especially the Paco-Di-Gallo, the best I have EVER had in my life. There is NO OTHER PLACE you need to be when you go to Cozumel, they have it all, including: Beach Chairs, Crystal Clear (and clean) Blue Sparkling Water, VERY CLEAN beach and swimming area plus tons of water activities like snorkeling, para-sailing and water floatations to swim out to nearby!

I promise you, this IS the place to be/go when in Cozumel, Mexico. I guarantee it. Also, I am going there AGAIN in two weeks (11/17/11), cannot WAIT to see my dear friends (Even though I only met them once, I feel like family). Love you guys! See you sooon. -Melanie Llewellyn and Scott Soulak

Visited December 2010
1 Thank aWebWizard
Maggie C, Public Relations Manager at Carlo's N Charlie's Beach Club, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Hi!! Thank you for your wonderfull review.
We really appreciate that knowing that you guys, only have one day to spend in Cozumel,
you choose our Beach Club to spend your time...specially when you already know the
place and you're coming back!! We'll definitely be waiting for you on Nov.17 with some
"Pico de Gallo".And some tequila.....
Thank you also for sharing the pictures, they're great and we'll be glad to take care of you
again.

Mexico City, Mexico
“Awsome place to visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

You will find great food! Spectacular beach! Good music! Good service! Good prices for sure is gonna be a good choise!

Visited August 2011
Maggie C, Public Relations Manager at Carlo's N Charlie's Beach Club, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you so much for such a nice comment!! At Carlos' n Charlie's Beach Club we always worry
to make people feel like home, giving you the best service we can. I'm glad you liked our food, music and beach. We'll be really happy to see you again at the Beach Club!!!
Gibsonton, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Watch out for the swinging saloon door!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

While on a Carnival cruise with family and friends (34 of us, ages 9 to 70 years) part of our group opted to spend the time in port at Carlos'n Charlie's. The atmosphere in this restaurant/bar is 'Party!'... Note:The drinking age in Mexico is 13 yrs, so I guess the atmosphere might even be "Party with Your Kids!"...
'Conga lines' are encouraged at Carlos'n Charlie's with multiple areas throughout of one step up, one step down, all of which are marked by black and yellow lines. As long as you watch the black and yellow stripes at the steps, you should be OK. There is no light inside other than the natural light that comes in through the open front, so I found these stripes very helpful.
There is ONE saloon door near the DJ/'host' area, middle of the restaurant, left side. Not sure of the purpose of this door, possibly more atmosphere... At this door there is also one of the steps up with said black and yellow stripes.
Here is my CAUTION: The saloon door has a very strong spring that keeps it in place. Should you be in one of the many conga lines, be sure to catch the door that has been pushed open for you by the person ahead of you in the line. My mistake was in turning to the young person behind me to warn him of the upcoming step up...
The door hit me just under my left eye.
Lots of cocktail napkins to staunch the flow.
Trip to the ladies room to attempt to soak the blood from my blouse (cold water in Mexico is almost bath water temp...).
Trip to the convenient gift shop to buy a t-shirt ($147.00pesos/$13.36US). One of my friends got a plastic bag with some ice from a bartender to keep my blouse wet and cold so the blood would not set.
All of this took place within my 30-45 minute visit at Carlos'n Charlie's on my way back to the ship.
Regarding an expression of concern by any of Carlos'n Charlie's employees; I can only guess that tourists are simply a necessary evil with which they endure. There was NO expression by anyone: no verbal expression, no facial expression, no interest by any employee whatsoever.
Carlos'n Charlie's can be a fun tourist-y thing doing the Cha Cha Slide, Put Your Hands Up in the Air conga line, etc. If you want a rowdy, Wild'n Crazy time close to where the cruise ships disembark, Carlos'n Charlies in Cozumel is one place. Have fun, dance, conga line safely and... watch out for the swinging saloon door!

3 Thank CharAtLarge
waxahahcie
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great place to eat and hang on the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

We love going here, everyone is very friendly and the food is great. The beach is so pretty and there is all kind of things to do there.

1 Thank cruiserforever
Maggie C, Public Relations Manager at Carlo's N Charlie's Beach Club, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
I'm so glad you guys enjoy yourselves and liked the food.
As you said there are all kind of activities to do while you're
at the beach club and spend an amazing day! And we're glad
you did!!
We'll be waiting for you next time you come to the Island!
Dayton, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“VERY FUN PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

The wait staff is so much fun, especially the gal who does shots. The best part, and the reason we keep going back, is Kiwi!!! This guy is amazing, besides being hilariously funny, he sat at our table and did card tricks that just baffled and amazed everyone. Be sure to visit while you're in Cozumel.

Visited July 2011