“"BEST DIVE SHOP"”

Ramon Zapata Divers
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Safety and an unforgettably enjoyable adventure are the utmost concerns with Ramon Zapata Divers. The company offers the latest in modern and high quality diving equipment and boasts some of the best and most experienced divers in the world. Ramon Zapata Divers is a family operation that carries on the traditions of its patriarch Ramon Zapata Sr., the pioneer of scuba diving in Cozumel and the first divemaster on the island.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
The Woodlands, Texas
“"BEST DIVE SHOP"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Two incredible dives with Ramon last week while in Cozumel. I began with this wonderful dive shop 2 years ago while visiting Mr. Sancho resort. I decided to try the intro to scuba diving with Ramon and loved it so much I am now a certified diver. Every time I visit Cozumel I always dive with them and receive the best service and always have incredible dives. I can not say enough wonderful things about this dive shop. Thank you for helping me make memories that will last a life time.

Visited April 2014
RZ_SCUBA_CLUB, Public Relations Manager at Ramon Zapata Divers, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
thank you very much for your comment. now you're one of our preferred customers, we are anxious to your return in order to serve you much better than last time.
ramon our instructor is very happy to come back soon
best regards!

california
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Ramon Zapata Divers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We arrived at the Chankanaab Park and asked for Ramon. Within several minutes we were greeted by Luciano from Ramon Zapata Divers. Luciano introduced himself as our diving instructor and we followed him through the park to the diving center. My son and I had never dived before and Luciano was very patient and informative while teaching us diving safety and lessons. We entered the water and followed Luciano down to the ocean floor. Throughout the 50 minute tour, Luciano would keep in visual and hand signal contact with us, always ensuring our safety. We explored several caves and saw thousands of beautiful fish, including a barracuda and seahorse. The next time we return to Cozumel, we will again tour with Ramon Zapata Divers. They are friendly, professional, and very safety minded company.

Visited April 2014
thanks for your comments, we look forward to your return soon, it was a pleasure to ramon, sub aquatic wonderland share with you. and you know we are at your service.
regards!
Belleair Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Dives and dive master Ramon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was a thoroughly wonderful experience. Ramon was a pleasure to dive with and he took every opportunity to make the dives enjoyable and safe. Will definitely return someday!

hello good morning!
thanks for your comments, we are grateful to you for letting us share unforgettable experiences
Mebane, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Spur of the Moment Dive Opportunity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had reserved a spot on a dive for Honduras while on a cruise and missed the boat for the dive, so I naturally was disappointed. 3 days later while in Cozumel at Mr. Sanchos I happened upon Ramon and started talking about diving. Deciding to be spontaneous I took a chance and dove with Ramon. It was just him and I that dove, so it was first class service of the underwater world. We dove a reef that was a very short boat ride from the beach, saw a plethora of sea life and a beautiful living reef. I can't say enough positive about how fabulous Ramon is as a person when talking to him following the dive. If I return to Cozumel, I will search him out for another chance to dive with him as I felt great after doing so. The equipment was in great condition, he even produced a full wet suit for me when asked after offering a shorty (I get cold easy). Don't pass up the opportunity to dive with Ramon if it presents itself to you! My family stayed at Mr Sanchos while I enjoyed an hour underwater, then back to the beach I went.

Visited March 2014
RZ_SCUBA_CLUB, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ramon Zapata Divers, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thanks for your review,and we are all cozumelenians,we knoe the reefs and this waters since kids, and we love what we do, we hope to take you diving to a different location in a near future.
Wenatchee, Washington
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“snorkel trip was worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

This shop was located next door to our hotel and was recommended to us by someone else at our hotel. My wife and I are humble snorkelers but these guys were nice enough to take us out and give us a taste of what it would be like to dive Santa Rosa reef. We had a great morning snorkeling off the boat with these guys and thought that the $42/person price was reasonable considering the amount of snorkel time we got compared to other places I priced. Another advantage is that there was a group of 4 of us instead of there being a larger group like we saw elsewhere. Oscar and the other guys were super nice and spoke english very well. They really seemed to know the reef well and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. We saw lots of beautiful tropical fish, reefs, and some HUGE barracudas. I didn't know they got that big!
We snorkeled 2 spots for about 45 minutes each. The boat followed us and picked us up after drifting with the current for a while.
Thanks again!!

Visited February 2014
Thank you for your review and trust us for your snorkel adventure,maybe next time you try SCUBA diving with us aswell. And of course we enioy our jobs,who wouldn´t? We love what we do. Thanks again for taking the time to write.