6,367 results
All reviews royal holiday the caribbean restaurant time share bikini bar coconut grouper okie dokie small beach infinity pool mexican and italian restaurants nachos snack bar make reservations beach area ocean view main pool cruise ship per day
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Management changed the time that the bars opened in the middle of our visit and never told us why. 11 am is too late to open the bars. Why was the change made? Good in the buffet is terrible. Food in the specialty restaurants is pretty good.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PARKCZM, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cozumel Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Dulac, we would like to thank for your recent stay at Grand Park Royal Cozumel. We value the time you took to share your experience with us. We take all feedback from our guests very seriously. I am really surprised by your comment, proper measures have been taken alongside the staff to avoid future situations on these matters.

It is very unfortunate to learn that we do not meet your expectations about our food, we are working on new menus that will be ready soon.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you again you one more time, so you can experience our improvements.

Cordially

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Grand Park served all our needs. The front desk was wonderful and very accommodating. The proximity to the cruise shops and to downtown were within 10 minutes. Nightly shows were entertaining and the game staff kept everyone involved.
The food was so so. The Coconut Grouper at the Mexican restaurant and the Beef Medallions at the Italian restaurant were delicious as was the Fried fish (whole grouper) which was only served at lunch at the Carbeno. At the buffet the pancakes and french toast etc were a bit cold. No problem though, put them thru the toaster and they were perfect! All of the servers and bartenders were very nice. If you want your minibar restocked call room serve. I left a note with $1 with how many sodas, beers etc we wanted and it was always taken care of quickly. I saw many going to the on-site store to buy water bottles, soda etc. I was sure to tell them when I saw this it was not necessary.
We rented a car and toured the south side of the island for a day, went on a snorkeling excursion right outside our resort and also took the ferry to Playa Del Carmen then a bus to the Ruins in Tulum (super simple).
If you hit the downtown area on a Wednesday night go to Wet Wendy's, they have salsa dancing. Very fun to watch.
The reason for the 4 stars is some of the staff is definitely on Mexican time. The pool food shack is suppose to open at 11.....never until after 11:30. The on site snorkel shack is suppose to open at 9 and close at 5. Well they pick a few hours at their leisure. Very infuriating when you want to snorkel for an hour.
We have a great week, enjoy your stay!

Room tip: We stayed thru RCI. They gave us an 8th for room with 2 queen beds. They joining the 2 queens together into one, it was perfect.
2  Thank Strandini19

Dear Strandini19,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your most recent stay in Grand Park Royal Cozumel, I am very happy to read you had a memorable experience.

Thank you very much for your comments, we have taken note of each of them. We reiterate our gratitude.

Cordially yours

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Need more of a variety at the buffet. Beds were very uncomfortable. Definitely get a room from the 5th floor and up. Best views. Staff was very friendly. Snacks bars were convenient and very good. Bar tenders made amazing drinks. Hotel maids were very friendly and made little decorations everyday. Very clean rooms.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mommieslady,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your most recent stay in Grand Park Royal Cozumel. It’s great to know that all of my team created a memorable experience for you, I feel very proud of every member of this Grand Park Royal family. We are working on a new food concept, which includes the food quality and variety.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been here going on four trips now and we got married on the beach last June. It was by far the trip of a lifetime. Everyone is so great and Fernando is absolutely the man to talk to if you need anything. If there are any issues, they are always quick to rectify them. So far, we haven't had any! We've taken family and friends and they all enjoyed their stay as well. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback shared in our TripAdvisor profile. It’s great to know that all of my team created a memorable experience for you, especially Fernando. Our mission is to make your stay as pleasant as possible and it is gratifying to know that we succeeded.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at the resort for 7 days. A group of 13 of us went.
Definitely do the ocean view rooms. They were worth it. We stayed on floor 8 and I was happy with the view. I couldn't imagine staring at the trees and "gardens".
The pathways throughout the resort are tough. I understand it gives a great look but I felt horrible for anyone in a wheelchair or anyone who wanted to dress up and wear heels. Impossible to walk.
The food was okay. Buffet was your average all-inclusive buffet. Some stuff cold, some hot. Average things. I only went for breakfast one time. The omelets were very good if you wanted to stand in line. Suggestion: Put your omelet station somewhere else, and not in the middle of everything. It was very hard to get to the actual buffet because people were standing in front of everything waiting to get an omelet. Very frustrating so I never went back down for breakfast.
The coffee cafe is a nice touch. Only 4 options for coffee which was a downer. It would be nice if they maybe had iced coffee and some flavors! The sandwiches, baked goods and ice cream were very good! I would just grab a sandwich from the cafe and avoid the buffet for breakfast.
I only ate at the Italian and Mexican for the ala carte restaurants. I thought both were VERY GOOD for an all-inclusive. I don't eat seafood so i could not review that. It was nice that they had no reservations and if you had to wait you got a beeper. Very accommodating to a large group if they needed to be. We also had no problem separating if need be.
Entertainment was blah. I did like the early evening entertainment when the 1 guy with his flute and sax would play. He seemed to be there 5 out of the 7 nights we were there. We danced a lot to his music and got the crowd going as well.
Sports bar was nice but SOOO loud. Couldn't hear anything so we would just grab our drinks and sit outside.
We were never approached for timeshares. We were pretty adamant when checking in that we wanted to change out clothes and get a drink. We don't have time to sit through anything nor will we. We were never bothered again.
Beach is small but very nice. Nice little cove of water that you could swim/stand/snorkel. This was our first time going to a resort that you couldn't walk the beach. We were all very aware of this and decided to check it out. I do miss my walks on the beach.
Last but not least the pool bars!! 3 pool bars at this resort which is AWESOME!!! We checked out all 3 of them. Our favorite by far was the adults one. Carlos was our main bartender every day. He attended to our every need (we were very needy shot people) Day 4 into our trip along came Elmer He was also very nice and made sure we were taken care of. Those boys probably made our entire trip. Every time we would enter the pool bar you could see the smile on their faces ..That or they were thinking it was going to be a super long afternoon ha!
Overall this resort is not the high end resort some people may be looking for. It is also no way a horrible resort. I would rate it above average. It is my 7th time to Mexico. You will always find things to complain about but enjoy and make it work! Your on vacation people!!! Everyone works super hard to try to make sure everyone is satisfied! Don’t be rude!
On a side note, not that I would never stay at this resort again, I maybe would but I was not a fan of Cozumel so I probably will never return (Sorry Carlos and Elmer) Again it is not the resorts fault!

Room tip: Higher floors-ocean view!

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback shared in our TripAdvisor profile. We are very much delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay at Grand Park Royal Cozumel. We truly appreciate your feedback especially highlighting the great service of our staff and for the time you have taken to write your generous review.