I've stayed at the Park Royal six times dating back to when it was called the Sol Caribe. They promise improvements every year. When I stayed at the Coral Princess in Aug. 2004, the Park Royal management stated they would have a pool and restuarant completed in December of 2004 right next to their cove. When I stayed at the El Cid in late January 2005 and came over to visit the Park Royal, nothing had been done.
More than two-thirds of the rooms will never be used again. They still use the same mattresses and room fixtures from 1978. I know this because they gave me a tour in January. They have only repainted the frames. Look under the linens and you will be surprised. How hard is it to get a new mattress? It's been twenty-seven years. You can see mold outside the convention rooms on the north end of the hotel.
Haven't eaten there in five years but I assume it has only gotten worse, given the reviews. I'm not a picky eater but it was pretty bad exept for my first couple of stays ten years ago. Luckily they are located close to several decent restaurants.
I do like the bartender that has worked there for over fifteen years. You give him your order and he'll always say "okey dokey". Funny man.
Just a word of advice, don't believe any hotel's promise of renovations. Email others that have stayed recently before your trip to see if anything was done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turquoise - often crystal clear waters -are just offshore. Beneath the surface are breathtaking reefs to attract undersea divers (and fantastic undersea life) from around the world and the Grand Park Royal Cozumel is in the center of it all. The leading All-inclusive on the island welcomes guests to 342 spacious guest rooms each with balcony overlooking the finest corner of the Caribbean. All inclusive, unlimited meals, drinks, snacks, 4 restaurants, buffet style and a la carte, 2 snacks, Café Sole (coffee house), 5 bars, room service 24 hours, in room mini-bar that is restocked daily, high-speed internet access (surcharge) or basic free internet, live entertainment, kids' club (0 -12 years old), fully equipped fitness center ($), spa, 3 resort swimming pool (including 2 infinity pools, main pool & kids club pool with water slides) and two Jacuzzis facing the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico