Our trip begin like this. We flew into cancun, and were met by a driver who took us from the Cancun airport - which you may want to watch out for the stupid vendors who try to nab you on your way out of the airport with tricks like "hey are you looking for your taxi driver, come over here" You get shuffled to a side booth in the end of the airport and some dude starts talking to you about buying a time share at another hotel.. (They want you to spend time at their hotel to check it out) I immediately said NO, then went outside and our driver was waiting for us with a sign and my name on it. That was nice. He drove us to Playa Del Carmen, and we waited to board a ferry to cozumel. The ferry was very clean and nice, however that day, the sea was a little rough and since we sat in the front of the boat, we felt very sea sick - almost threw up.
We finally arrived to cozumel and hailed a Van which only cost us 5 bucks to get to the hotel. At the hotel, we arrived and got our wrist band and the keys to our room. The room we were assigned to was very clean and nice, albeit the carpet needed replaced but other than that, the beds bathrooms, etc were very clean. I was very cautious about the water but it seemed that the water was heavilly chlorinated and pretty safe to use. I got awful sick last time I was in cancun so I payed close attention to what I was doing.
We went to the buffet area which is basically a large grass hut outside the nice pool there with lots of tables and chairs, and several fresh fruit drinks with a selection of about 8 or 9 different main dishes all of mexican and mayan style foods and a chef at the Grill that always has a different selection of meats for lunch and dinner or breakfast omlets, pancakes, french toast etc... Their desert rack was always fresh and the food was well worth the money in my opinion. We booked one night to their "official formal" restaurant - which in my opinion was about 4 stars. The food in their formal restaurant was excellent and reminded me of several cruise meals - because of the quality, presentation and the great service.
The staff was very nice, and accomodating at all times. All the drinks you can drink and always had snacks or would be willing to make you up a burger, pizza or other stuff at the bar - when you wanted to just hang around and snack.
The pool had a basketball hoop, and was very relaxing to just hang around and slosh around and take in the sun while listening to mexican music both fast and slow.
The highlight of the vacation was the small private beach that is at the edge of the hotel. This beach has a small area for volleyball and has a really cool coral reef - off which many of the commercial snorkeling people take their paying tourists to show them this reef. We got to view it for FREE. There is a sunken airplane right off this beach, albeit it takes you about 10-15 minutes swim out from the beach. There is also an internet cafe about 5-8 minutes walk from the hotel which costs you 3.00 an hour to jump on and check your email, use Yahoo and webcam.
We rented a small car for 1 day for 40 dollars and drove to the ruins at the center of the island. It took us about 30 minutes to get there, but the car is very good on gas - only cost about 4 bucks to refill the tank.
Overall, we relaxed, met some people, danced, snorkled and just hung out and ate like crazy. We had a great time just relaxing. If you are into just relaxing, instead of RAMMING around on your vacation, go here... Its well worth it and the service is really good. I didn't have any problems with security of my valuables and in fact left my wallet in the room and money on the table, which the maid did not take - even though I intended it for her!
Had a great time at the Park Royal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Admire the award-winning architecture and the interior design of Grand Park Royal Cozumel; its Mayan touch that lives together with the nature that surrounds it will captivate you. From the pools, Jacuzzis and bars, you will be amazed with the turquoise shades of the sea. You will also be delighted with a wide range of gastronomic options including seafood and international specialties. Immerse yourself in an incredible submarine adventure by practicing diving and snorkeling in the world’s second biggest reef. Our activities program and nightly shows are ideal for enjoying in family. Fun is guaranteed! Live the Grand Park Royal experience in Cozumel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico