I vote this "The best place to stay in Cozumel!!!" The rooms and entire grounds are kept very clean. We would awake in the morning around 6:30am and go for a stroll and find the staff cleaning the walkways and gardens. Speaking of the staff, they were all amazing, friendly and polite. From the front desk, to the cleaning staff to the buffet/restaurant hostess and waiters, especially Omar and Mayavela (not sure I spelled this correctly). I enjoyed being greeted with a smiling face each day. We never had a problem making dinner reservations for either of the two restaurants (Mexicano & Italiano). It was only me and my husband so I'm not sure if the people saying they had trouble booking were with a large group or not. We would lay out at the beach and once it was 12:00 I would walk over to the restaurant and make our reservation for that evening. It never took more than 5 minutes of my time! The food at the buffet was also very good with a large variety. We had our breakfast and lunches there. Also, the snack bar out by the seaside pool has some good burgers, hotdogs, and nachos to snack on while laying out. I'd like to thank Roman for cooking up those burgers!!
The one negative thing I have to mention just for people will be aware of is, the nightmare it was upon arrival at the airport in Mexico until the time we finally arrived at our hotel, which was "5" hours later!!. This is no exaggeration! We landed slightly after 3pm.(flight was delayed in New Orleans for 30 minutes) so there were several planes that arrived immediately after ours. Everyone is packed in the lines to go through customs. It is very hot, stuffy, and crowded. This is the only part I saw small children have a melt down...and who can blame them, I too felt their frustration...lol. But the worst part for us...and 2 other unlucky couples was this; there are guys holding signs that have the name of the company you book with...for example, ours was "vacation express". They loaded us on to a van and we headed to Playa del Carmen to get the ferry over to Cozumel. Well half way on route (drive is about 40 minutes) to the ferry the driver gets a call to come back to the airport!! We end up turning around and having to go back, with the driver telling us that one of the couples on board doesn't have their ferry passes. Which ended up only being an excuse to pick up four more passengers (now a total of 10 passengers).
Which in turn made us miss our scheduled ferry by 5 minutes (Ferry runs every hour) thus arriving at our hotel at 8:30 pm! Thank goodness the buffet was still open as we were exhausted and hungry!! I would hope that Vacation Express would improve on this before our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Admire the award-winning architecture and the interior design of Grand Park Royal Cozumel; its Mayan touch that lives together with the nature that surrounds it will captivate you. From the pools, Jacuzzis and bars, you will be amazed with the turquoise shades of the sea. You will also be delighted with a wide range of gastronomic options including seafood and international specialties. Immerse yourself in an incredible submarine adventure by practicing diving and snorkeling in the world’s second biggest reef. Our activities program and nightly shows are ideal for enjoying in family. Fun is guaranteed! Live the Grand Park Royal experience in Cozumel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico