“Voted Best on the Island!!!”

Grand Park Royal Cozumel
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I vote this "The best place to stay in Cozumel!!!" The rooms and entire grounds are kept very clean. We would awake in the morning around 6:30am and go for a stroll and find the staff cleaning the walkways and gardens. Speaking of the staff, they were all amazing, friendly and polite. From the front desk, to the cleaning staff to the buffet/restaurant hostess and waiters, especially Omar and Mayavela (not sure I spelled this correctly). I enjoyed being greeted with a smiling face each day. We never had a problem making dinner reservations for either of the two restaurants (Mexicano & Italiano). It was only me and my husband so I'm not sure if the people saying they had trouble booking were with a large group or not. We would lay out at the beach and once it was 12:00 I would walk over to the restaurant and make our reservation for that evening. It never took more than 5 minutes of my time! The food at the buffet was also very good with a large variety. We had our breakfast and lunches there. Also, the snack bar out by the seaside pool has some good burgers, hotdogs, and nachos to snack on while laying out. I'd like to thank Roman for cooking up those burgers!!
The one negative thing I have to mention just for people will be aware of is, the nightmare it was upon arrival at the airport in Mexico until the time we finally arrived at our hotel, which was "5" hours later!!. This is no exaggeration! We landed slightly after 3pm.(flight was delayed in New Orleans for 30 minutes) so there were several planes that arrived immediately after ours. Everyone is packed in the lines to go through customs. It is very hot, stuffy, and crowded. This is the only part I saw small children have a melt down...and who can blame them, I too felt their frustration...lol. But the worst part for us...and 2 other unlucky couples was this; there are guys holding signs that have the name of the company you book with...for example, ours was "vacation express". They loaded us on to a van and we headed to Playa del Carmen to get the ferry over to Cozumel. Well half way on route (drive is about 40 minutes) to the ferry the driver gets a call to come back to the airport!! We end up turning around and having to go back, with the driver telling us that one of the couples on board doesn't have their ferry passes. Which ended up only being an excuse to pick up four more passengers (now a total of 10 passengers).
Which in turn made us miss our scheduled ferry by 5 minutes (Ferry runs every hour) thus arriving at our hotel at 8:30 pm! Thank goodness the buffet was still open as we were exhausted and hungry!! I would hope that Vacation Express would improve on this before our next visit.

Room Tip: If your given a room by the elevators, expect to hear a lot of noisy people until after 2am.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
PARKCZM, General Manager at Grand Park Royal Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Guest

We are glad to know you had an amazing time staying at Park Royal Cozumel!

We love taking care of our clients and it makes us proud that we could assist you during your stay with us. This review will certainly be helpful for those who plan on staying with us.

Thank you for your rating!

Sincerely

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Had to make a post due to many of the bad reviews. Me, my wife, and two boys (16,12) stayed here for 6 days and just returned. No major issues. Travel from the airport for 4 to the hotel using the airport trans was 20US. Upon arrival we were greeted, checked in and then let Ricardo have 5 Mexican minutes to tell us about the property. This was a timeshare invitation, but we got a lot of info about the hotel. Told Ricardo we were not interested in the timeshare meeting and he offered free jeep and 30 minute massage which we did not take part in, He asked us the next day if we were interested and then it was never mentioned again. Meals were average at the buffet with breakfast being the best for me. We were on the 9th floor (south tower) with great view of the sea and island. Note: You must put key card into slot on the wall and then your lights will work. We were initially disturbed until we called the desk and they explained it. No problems with the AC, but you might want to leave on card inserted in the wall when you leave so it will continue to cool while you are gone. All of the staff were friendly, helpful, and made sure customers knew about daily activities. The beach is small, but adequate enough as there is good snorkeling out your door. Expect to see some octopus, various fish, barracuda. Aquaworld dive shop is on site. Volleyball daily. Restaurant staff truly bust their butts to serve you. I never saw any staff member just lounging. They were always assisting someone, cleaning something, making something. Grounds were immaculate. My only complaints are the snack bar closing early, the pools close at 7-8pm, and the onsite deli only accepts pesos, but you can change money at the hotel desk. (Wife did not like the hard bed) Overall, we had a good time at the hotel and ventured out to San Miguel, Chankanaab for Snuba, and did some diving with Flavio.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Degeneraterecluse

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing this detailed review of your experience at Park Royal Cozumel.

It's wonderful hearing from our guests regarding their stay and how useful they find our location and accommodations. We are glad that our staff could assist you with all your needs during your vacation as well. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stayed a week, all inclusive resort. Don't stay if looking for amenities or night life. No mini fridge or alarm clock in rooms. Only two restaurants that require reservations and one buffet place to eat.pools closed by 8pm and only two small bars open at nite. No seating at night, I counted like 12 seats in lobby for hotel that probably sleeps hundreds. They do keep it clean. Lots and lots of children. Beach the size of a postage stamp.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the fifth floor or your looking at trees
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

We are sorry to learn about your disappointment regarding your most recent stay at Cozumel. Comments from our clients are very important for us and we truly appreciate your feedback that makes us improve our services in benefit of our clients.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It was very clean and the buffet food was descent. We could never get a reservation for the nice restaurants on the property due to limited space. They booked up fast! We were gold band members and with that we were supposed to get free wifi. That never happened! We spoke to our representative and he assisted us with no success. The resort is very family friendly which was great. The customer service all around the place was wonderful! That is why I gave 3 stars because of how clean, customer service and decent food.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

We greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us regarding your previous stay at Park Royal Cozumel.

We are sorry if our accommodations and services did not live up to your expectations, but take feedback such as yours helpful. This allows us to understand the needs of our guests in depth. We will pass along this information to our management team.

Thank you.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Clean pools, good food and drinks (even for vegetarians), reasonable meal times (lunch until 3:30 and dinner until 10:30), fun games and shows throughout the day, great view, private beach with free snorkeling gear x 1 hour every day, and the best of all is the staff. They went above and beyond their required job to ensure that the guests enjoy their stay. Managers Eduardo and Omar were awesome!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Imm D
PARKCZM, General Manager at Grand Park Royal Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments about Park Royal Cozumel.

We're excited to hear that you had a marvelous time at our resort. We are also glad to know that the accommodations and especially the staff services were great for you. It's wonderful hearing from our guests regarding their stay and how much they enjoyed their vacations with us.

Come back soon! We'll be pleased to see you again!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

i had an amazing time at this resort and i would recommend it to anyone. The employees were very polite and helpful at all times. The food was great and the facility was clean at all times. the nightlife was great and very lay-back something i was looking for when i first scheduled this trip.

Room Tip: before you go snorkeling check the resort's watersport activities. they'll let you use the s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Nelly623

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stay at Park Royal Cozumel.

We are glad to hear that the location and accommodations were great for you and that you have chosen us as a host hotel for your birthday celebration. Come back soon and we'll be happy to welcome you again!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family and I I clouding my grandparents stayed for 8 days & I must say this place is The ABSOLUTE BEST! From the time you get here to the time you leave. When u arrive to check in there are drinks being served to you as you wait in the lobby every worker speaks great English, the staff takes your luggage to your room and while you wait to have your room ready at 3 the lunch buffet is going & its so good. I see a lot of complaints about the food & let me start by saying the food is good. I had the chance to peak inside the kitchen & it is spotless the chefs wear aprons and hair nets and not once did I get sick. For those traveling with toddlers and infants I was so so scared going into a diffrent country due to food & water. Let me say my 18 month old son never skipped a beat he loved the food and the fresh juices were awesome. The food was perfect!!! The Mexican and Italian restaurants u do have to wait in line to reserve a spot for dinner that night but I promise you its so worth it! The snack bars by the pools are so great u get to lay out and snak on some great burgers and wings & nachos! Trust me you'll gain about 5lbs in your stay cause the food is so good! The staff as you may have read is THE BEST! Hands down they go over and beyond to make you happy! The kids club staff member is Claudia she so sweet & speaks perfect English she keeps the kids safe and entertained! I read in a past review that park royal lacked in entertainment activities PAY NO MIND TO THAT! They do from the live band to enjoy at night in the lobby to aqua Zumba, towel oragomie & cooking lessons & raymundo encouraging beach goers to play beach soccer and volly ball during the day there's so much to do on the resort but my favorite was the snorkeling the private beach isn't that big but the snoring is what will have me coming back to this resort there are so many different beautiful fishes in the ocean you feel as if you're swimming in an aquarium, yes literally! (Tip: take water shoes the ocean floor has a lot of rocks once u get about waist deep! ) rent a jeep a head of time for sure. & fri-sun make sure to head to the market at night the music and people are awesome! For those scared to travel into Mexico: the locals are so friendly no rude people no one bothers you I felt safe to walk around with my child & its pretty americanzied the local business owners accept dollars give change in dollars & speak English. Also remeber to tip your waiters and bartenders, even the people who clean your room a dollar or two and i promise you itll kick up your experiance! we tiped the sweet guy cleaning our room & he would leave our room with extra details like a cute elepant mad out of towels for my son! You can't leave complaining about anything it was the perfect vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank aoh2012

Dear Guest

We are delighted to know how much fun you had staying at Park Royal Cozumel.

We're also glad Raymundo and the entertainment staff were able to keep you and your children occupied throughout your stay with such great activities our resort has to offer.

Come back soon and we'll be happy to welcome you and your family again!