I went here with my husband to escape an Ohio winter. We have many fabulous things to say about the Park Royal:
1) The grounds- This is such a beautiful & updated resort, The grounds are impressively clean. You will always find the staff cleaning the grounds to make sure they are in tip-top shape. You will see many beautiful animals- peacocks, lizards, & pelicans at the beach. There are also many beautiful plants & flowers. We were also happy with the size of this resort- you got to know your way around quickly and the quaint size of it made us feel comfortable.
2) The food- I have been to a few all inclusive resorts and I felt the food here was better than most. The buffet is great for breakfast. The chicken sandwiches & nachos at the snack bars are awesome. The Mexican & Italian restaurants are both very good. The only food we were never impressed with were the deserts.
3) The pools are relaxing and never too crowded. You don't have to wait long to get a drink at the pool bars. The pools along the ocean are the best. If you tip the bartender he will take care of you the rest of the week.
4) The complimentary snorkeling is a plus. You can only get the snorkeling gear for an hour at a time, but it's not too bad because the snorkeling is right there on site. There is so much to see at the reef at this resort. Baracuda, eel, and an assortment of tropical fish. Definitely find time to do the snorkeling here.
5) If you are looking for some excursions to do, you can book them at the resort and have arranged transportation take you to & from the excursion. We did a dolphin excursion and it was definitely worth the money. There are many excursions to do close by. Take advantage of it!
--- You definitely get your money's worth at this incredibly affordable resort!
The only cons of this resort:
1) The cruise ships are docked on the ocean in front of the pools the entire day except Sundays. You can't enjoy much of a sunset during the winter because the cruise ships don't leave until it is dark.
2) The entertainment is no good. We didn't mind because we would usually have a late dinner and a drink or two after and call it a night, but if you are expecting wonderful shows then you will not be impressed.
3) There is no room service
4) You have to pay for Wi-fi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turquoise - often crystal clear waters -are just offshore. Beneath the surface are breathtaking reefs to attract undersea divers (and fantastic undersea life) from around the world and the Grand Park Royal Cozumel is in the center of it all. The leading All-inclusive on the island welcomes guests to 342 spacious guest rooms each with balcony overlooking the finest corner of the Caribbean. All inclusive, unlimited meals, drinks, snacks, 4 restaurants, buffet style and a la carte, 2 snacks, Café Sole (coffee house), 5 bars, room service 24 hours, in room mini-bar that is restocked daily, high-speed internet access (surcharge) or basic free internet, live entertainment, kids' club (0 -12 years old), fully equipped fitness center ($), spa, 3 resort swimming pool (including 2 infinity pools, main pool & kids club pool with water slides) and two Jacuzzis facing the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico