This was my eighth stay at the Park Royal in Cozumel. This is the first year I was able to travel in September-October. Our stay was from September 16 to October 4. First, the negative:
1. The Iron man competition was held during our stay. For the five days the hotel was packed. The day of the competition the roads to the airport were blocked off. You would have had to leave by 5:30AM and would have to fill the time until the flight. Fortunately for us were here before and after it. It was a good comparison. Before and after the hotel was, at most, one third full.
2. Hot water.... what happened since our visit last year? We were in the main building this year. I needed good internet because I was drafting between activities and dives. We were told that the building closer to the road did not have a very good signal. In years past the main building had hot water problems. It was frustrating to wake up to a luke warm, at best, shower. The hotel staff was responsive coming to the room to try to correct the problem, but little improvement. You should not have to choose between hot water and a good internet signal.
3. If you want internet in your room it is expensive. For the eighteen days it cost us almost $200. In my opinion, that's too much. There was no way I was going to go to the outdoor lobby and expose my computer to the humidity so I paid the price.
4. Night access to the beach and pools is restricted.
5. Almost no English channels on the TV. It seems like less than last year.
Now the Positive (this is why we will be returning next year for two weeks.
1. The staff is very friendly. I asked for extra pillows and the reply was, "how many would you like?" The staff in the main restaurant is especially friendly and very wiling to please. Check in was effortless, thanks Samuel!
2. The rooms have a beautiful view. Small but functional balcony.
3. The grounds are beautiful.
4. The beach area is small, but great showers, snack bars, restrooms and pools. (I never use the pools- my pool is the ocean).
5. Shore diving. You might not think so, but the shore diving is outstanding. We have stayed four different places and the shore diving here is by far the best. Very little current and plenty to see. An airplane wreck, coral heads, tri-marine wreck and if you have a compass nice reefs a couple hundred yards off shore. The entire time doing boat drift dives I didn't see any sharks. On two of my shore dives I saw a six foot nurse shark, lots of juvenile angel sharks (usually on night shore dives), moray eels, spotted ells, lobsters, juvenile to huge spiny puffers, lots of sting rays, octopuses, ad much more. It's also a short walk to the pier for boat dives. I dive with Aquaworld, but many dive operators will pick you up at the dock. There are also lockers at the dock and a shower to rinse.
6. The restaurants are clean and the food is good. There are always lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. You have a choice of many main courses at each meal in the buffet.
7. Finally, the value for the money is really great. I have priced similar resorts in the Bahamas and the cost is almost double.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Admire the award-winning architecture and the interior design of Grand Park Royal Cozumel; its Mayan touch that lives together with the nature that surrounds it will captivate you. From the pools, Jacuzzis and bars, you will be amazed with the turquoise shades of the sea. You will also be delighted with a wide range of gastronomic options including seafood and international specialties. Immerse yourself in an incredible submarine adventure by practicing diving and snorkeling in the world’s second biggest reef. Our activities program and nightly shows are ideal for enjoying in family. Fun is guaranteed! Live the Grand Park Royal experience in Cozumel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico