“Excellent hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Cozumel
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We recently were on the freedom of the seas cruise ship and. Our last port of call was cozumel ,
Rather than go back to Orlando then return to cancun we decided to leave the ship and booked in to the park royal which was a short walk from the dock .
When we booked in we were made very welcome and had a very clean and comfortable room which had a great sea view of the hotel and ship .
The private beach and infinity pool was excellent with great views of the ships docked at the port ,I would highly recomend this hotel to anyone for its quality and locality , we continued on to the locally ferry after 2 nights which was a short trip to playa del carmen
Jim gems

Room Tip: Would recomend a room with a sea view preferably on a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (776)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was my first time staying at this resort through RCI on my parents timeshare. From previous experiences of staying in all inclusive resorts in the Riviera Maya and Cancun, this resort was not my expectations of what an all inclusive resort would entail. The first surprise is that the resort was not located on the same side of the ocean, rather, you have to take a tunnel underground to get to the pool and dock location, but I soon realized, Cozumel doesn't have a lot of real estate for beaches at any of the resorts. Due to the hotel being only a hotel and offering three restaurant options, we found ourselves venturing out more than staying at the all inclusive. However, the all inclusive fees are significantly cheaper than most resorts so what I paid for the stay was comparable to what I received.

The rooms were clean and standard, however, I will note if you want ocean view, all the hotel rooms offer is a view facing the side of the ocean with the street in between. Noise of the street is something we were made aware that even on the 6th floor you could hear.

Staff were friendly and nice, however, if you had to dispute anything it seemed like it was more of a hassle to the staff versus reconciling immediately. Also, like all reviews stated wifi costs and you are required to purchase from a vending machine a calling card with a code that only allows 24 hours access. So if you require wifi while on vacation, you might consider factor in $15 a day for wifi or finding a coffee shop to utilize.

Overall, I would rate average on food, entertainment, and facilties. Again, this was off season, so in season I am sure is completely different.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank RMc94
Caney, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I joined my brother and his wife on a honeymoon trip. Our 4 parents and cousin came along as well. The hotel was amazing. Our room's were kept up nicely. Buffet was decent. We ate one night in the Italian restaurant and it was wonderful. The beach area is very small, but we snorkeled and saw some neat fish. We payed for a snorkel excursion and it was fabulous! I enjoyed seeing the cruise ships dock from our beach area. We rented a jeep and went to the other side of the island and had a beach massage and ate some great food. The trip was taken mid February and they had an unusual cool spell almost the entire time we were there except for the first day and a half. We were thankful we had our sweatshirts!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebecca H
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My family of 4 had another great week long stay at the Park Royal Cozumel (Aug 13 - 20th). This was our 3rd time here and this trip was just as good as the previous ones. To start off, this is the first time we tried flying into Cancun vs Cozumel. It not only saved us several hundred dollars total in air fare, but the kids (12 yrs and 3 yrs) enjoyed riding the ADO bus to Playa Del Carmen and then the ferry boat across to the island. It was easy as could be with two kids in tow and little to no Spanish speaking skills. I booked the hotel via the website and I requested adjoining rooms we received what we requested which worked out great with the kids.
We didn't go to either one of the al a cart restaurants and if we were not in town ate at the buffet every meal and had no complaints. My wife even would order a side of bacon every morning and they would bring it out to her. The activities were also good. My 3yr old went to the Kids Club a couple of times. She enjoyed the water slide, puzzles and little bracelet making station they had. My 12 yr old was always doing activities. Volleyball (beach or water) Texas Hold'em or whatever they were doing. As for my wife and I, I brought snorkel gear bought in the States with me so I spent my time in the water and she spent her time laying out at one of the 3 pools with the 3 yr old. Unfortunately it did rain 2 of the days we were there but the staff set up the large conference room with movies playing and games for teens and adults. It was better than staying in your room all day. We actually made the most of it and went into town to shop and my wife got a pedicure cheap. Needless to say we did have another relaying enjoyable stay at the Park Royal and will be back again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BrockL
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Ive been here twice now and have had a blast both times...well other than the rain that hindered some of our plans. The staff is always friendly and no matter where you turn there is access to food or drink..The hotel was remodeled back in 2007 or so and they did a good job. Looks very updated. You cant beat All-Inclusive

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Elie B
Garland, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We always have a wonderful time on Cozumel. This was our fourth time here. Being all inclusive is good at this resort. The food is always superb. The waiters after the first day instantly remember us and what we ordered as an extra on certain meals and ask if we would like it again with this meal -- such as cappuccino instead of coffee. They make delicious ones. Their use of the under the road beach access is terrific and snorkeling is free, safe and good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Patricia W
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recommend anybody to go to this hotel. The hotel scenery was beautiful, decorated nicely and very clean. The hotel rooms were wonderful and clean. Great view from the balcony. The only problem we had was with the safe we kept having an issue opening it. But they changed it and it was better. The hotel staff was very nice, welcoming and helpful. Food was excellent in all 3 restaurants. But what I do suggest is for the Mexican and Italian restaurants to change their menus once in awhile to variate because seeing the same food all the time could be tiring. The activity coordinators constantly kept us entertained and got guests to participate in the hotels activities such as cooking classes, shows, and volleyball. The activity coordinators were excellent, very friendly, welcoming and entertaining. (Francisco, Jesus,and Alejandro) The amenities were good( pool, beach, bar etc.) Great, clean, excellent. The hotel itself was in a great location by stores, restaurants and everything. Also avoid the timeshare- ROYAL HOLIDAY AT ALL COSTS they will try to sell and get you into their membership. Just ignore and walk away. Other than that it was excellent I recommend this hotel to anybody. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family