My family (wife, 11 yr old, 2 yr old and I) stayed at this resort for the second time. We had just as much of a good time as we did our first visit. We became Royal Holiday members on our last visit so we wanted to see what it was like staying as a member. Not much except the color of the wrist band, fee for the in-room safe and gym access. The service was just as good as we remembered it to be the first time staying here, the room was adequate and had a good view and the staff at the buffet was wonderfully patient with our stubborn and messy 2 yr old.
This trip was more relaxing than our first trip because we planned no excursions off of the island. Besides taking a taxi into town to shop, we did work a deal with a taxi driver to drive us around the whole island and stop at all of the cool spots on the eastern side of the island for a very low price. It was a six hour sightseeing, restaurant and pub crawl and we all had a great time. It was also on a day when there were no cruise ships docking that day so that explains the deal for the tour.
As for the Park Royal, it is by far my family’s favorite property that is in the vicinity. We have been to both of the Park Royals in Cancun and they are very good, but we just prefer Cozumel because of the relative safety of the island community (lots of expats) and specifically the way the beach is set up at the resort it is great for little kids to have fun in the water. My 11 yr old took a couple of days to warm up but once he did he was out the door and constantly involved with the activities staff and other kids playing volleyball, playing Texas Hold’em, making bracelets or learning how to Cha- Cha or Tango in-between water polo matches in the main pool.
As of right now we are planning our 3rd trip to this resort for August of 2013.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turquoise - often crystal clear waters -are just offshore. Beneath the surface are breathtaking reefs to attract undersea divers (and fantastic undersea life) from around the world and the Grand Park Royal Cozumel is in the center of it all. The leading All-inclusive on the island welcomes guests to 342 spacious guest rooms each with balcony overlooking the finest corner of the Caribbean. All inclusive, unlimited meals, drinks, snacks, 4 restaurants, buffet style and a la carte, 2 snacks, Café Sole (coffee house), 5 bars, room service 24 hours, in room mini-bar that is restocked daily, high-speed internet access (surcharge) or basic free internet, live entertainment, kids' club (0 -12 years old), fully equipped fitness center ($), spa, 3 resort swimming pool (including 2 infinity pools, main pool & kids club pool with water slides) and two Jacuzzis facing the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico