Just returned from a week at the Park Royal with a large family group ages 12-50 and had a wonderful stay. The resort is not so large that you cannot find people in your group and the staff are all very friendy and helpful.
The grounds are very nice and well kept. The sidewalks are hard to walk on with anything but flats and I would not bring elderly or wheelchair bound people here because of the coral sidewalks. They do stay cool and are nice to look at though.
Check in was a little painful. We got all our rooms on the same floor but had requested a higher floor and got the first floor. We did not make a fuss as at least our rooms were together. Three of our rooms were ready at 3:00 and one of our rooms was not ready until 4;30 and I'm not sure why. Housekeeping did an excellent job everyday and our rooms were always clean by at least 2 pm. The shower is amazing and the beds(most are two double which we pushed together) are firm. There is plenty of closet space and three drawers. The TV is adequate and the balcony seats two. We loved our room except for no view.
We paid the $2/day safe fee as last year my phone was stolen in the Bahamas in our room when it was out of the safe. There is a $5/day fee to use the fitness room which I was unaware of before we booked. I don't mind being nickel and dimed as much if I am prepared in advance. Since it was not on the website I wasn't prepared so I did not use the fitness room. My daughter did one day.
One thing that I did do is bring tennis rackets as the website said their were lighted tennis courts. When we went to find the courts a worker there said that the courts were no longer and the theater was there is place of it?! Another suprise. So we did a little jogging and walking outside the resort for some exercise as well as snorkeling right out in front of the resort to work off some of the wonderful meals.
We ate twice at each restaurant(Italian and Mexican). I enjoyed both. The coconut grouper at the Mexican was wonderful. We enjoyed the buffets also. My picky teen did not enjoy the food as much but that's her loss.
There was plenty of activities to keep you busy or you could just lounge all day if you wished to do so. It was really busy when we first got their-I think it was Mexican spring break, but by the time we checked out on April 7, the resort wasn't full. When it was full, there wasn't a chair to be had after 8 AM that wasn't in full sun. By the last day you had your pick of loungers at the beach and pool. I would recommend that they get more loungers for the busier times and maybe some portable umbrellas. The pools at the beach are very nice and the bartenders are wonderful especially Luis. We brought lots of $1's and $5's and tipped throughout our stay.
Thank you Park Royal for making our stay in Cozumel so enjoyable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Admire the award-winning architecture and the interior design of Grand Park Royal Cozumel; its Mayan touch that lives together with the nature that surrounds it will captivate you. From the pools, Jacuzzis and bars, you will be amazed with the turquoise shades of the sea. You will also be delighted with a wide range of gastronomic options including seafood and international specialties. Immerse yourself in an incredible submarine adventure by practicing diving and snorkeling in the world’s second biggest reef. Our activities program and nightly shows are ideal for enjoying in family. Fun is guaranteed! Live the Grand Park Royal experience in Cozumel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico