This was our first trip to this hotel. The hotel/grounds/pools/rooms were very clean. The staff was exceptional. Some of the food was good, some of it was not very hot (temp wise), other selections were things we would not eat. There were several thefts from hotel guests, while we were there, electronics of different varieties were stolen from rooms. The management did absolutely NOTHING about it. We had no hot water for over 12 hrs., maintenance came in (while we were BOTH in the room), and on the way out he stole our room key! (You must insert your room key just inside your hotel door, or the lights will not go on). We reported it immediately, but again, nothing was actually done. USE YOUR ROOM SAFE! You will need to pay for it at the end of your stay ($2 per day). The price of the safe is well worth it for piece of mind. Laptops will NOT fit in the safe, so be prepared to cart it with you at all times if you take one. We have been to Cozumel many, many times, and always stay at the north end - but decided to try something different. Next "visit" we will go back to the hotel that we used to frequent. The Park Royal is a TIME SHARE hotel, so learn how to say "NO" from the minute you check in. They will immediately want you to "sign up" for one of their "meetings". Time shares are made to look absolutely wonderful, but buying one will really cost more than if you'd just pay for your vacation out of pocket. The maintenance fees are high, which you pay yearly, and the "transfer fees" are insane! There are plenty of hotels in Cozumel that are not "time share" hotels. I would truely recommend one of those.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Admire the award-winning architecture and the interior design of Grand Park Royal Cozumel; its Mayan touch that lives together with the nature that surrounds it will captivate you. From the pools, Jacuzzis and bars, you will be amazed with the turquoise shades of the sea. You will also be delighted with a wide range of gastronomic options including seafood and international specialties. Immerse yourself in an incredible submarine adventure by practicing diving and snorkeling in the world’s second biggest reef. Our activities program and nightly shows are ideal for enjoying in family. Fun is guaranteed! Live the Grand Park Royal experience in Cozumel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with bedfinder AG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico