“Great Time”

Thornton, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I did the jeep tour last week on our Honeymoon. We had such a great time- it was a really fun way to see the island.

Paco was our guide and he was fantastic. He was wonderful snorkeling and knew a lot about the island and had great things to add on our tour. My husband and I both know a little Spanish and Paco was great in teaching us new words.

If you have a day and want to check out the sights- I can't recommend this tour enough. (Oh and the food at the tequila place was some of the best we had all week- their guacamole is to die for and I don't even like guacamole).

Visited December 2013

• Czech first
El Cajon, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun, Fun, Fun!!!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had a large group, I think 4 or 5 jeeps. We visited several sites, and the length of stay at each site was perfect, not too long or short. Driving the jeeps was the best part, those of us in the group who chose to do so ran through puddles, mudding and getting dirty while the others who chose not to didn't. By far the best excursion of the trip!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sherri L
Shawnee, Oklahoma, United States
“Great opportunity to experience the Island!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I went and thoroughly enjoyed our day. Israel showed up promptly at 9 to pick us up and led us on a fun filled day. He was our guide, comedian, cultural adviser, waiter, photographer. Had a blast all day!

Visited October 2013
Crystal Lake, Illinois
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great day of fun and locations”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My parents wanted to do this tour, so my wife and I decided to join them. It was listed from 9-4pm, but by the time all was said and done, it was around 430 or so. Our guide, Pancho, was at our hotel to pick us up promptly. Both my parents have a hard time walking, especially my mom, who's had 2 knee surgeries, and walks with the aid of her walking stick. We had a 2 door Jeep, and after seeing my parents get in the Jeep with some difficulty, Pancho exited his Jeep, and came over to us to say that he felt bad for my mom, and to follow him to his company HQ. When we got there, he had us exit our Jeep, and he took it in and parked it. He returned a few minutes later with a 4 door Jeep, with A/C! This upgrade was free of charge! Needless to say, my folks were really happy and grateful. Our 1st stop on the tour was a snorkeling spot along the main shoreline in town. I loved it. Saw a Stingray, and my 1st live Seahorse! Our second stop was to the San Gervaiso ruins. Pancho let us know about hiring a guide, because they are more knowledgable about the ruins. We elected not too, but I will next time. Our 3rd stop was at the Tequila Tour Cozumel. What a great time! The tequila guide was fluent in english, very knowledgable, and when we got into the store area for the tasting, he got my mom a chair to sit in, calling her "my queen"! Wow, was that great! He explained each tequila we were tasting, and not being a tequila lover myself, I found that this was VERY different than the swill in the U.S. So smooth and tasty! And after the tasting, you're free to taste as much as you want while looking around! We bought some to take back, because I liked it so much. Part of this tour with Pancho was lunch at the tequila place. We had chips/salsa, and chicken fajitas, which were filling. Stay away from the $6 margarita though-it comes in a clay cup, but they make it with a Sprite type soft drink! Yuk. After our tequila tour, and lunch, we headed to the other side of the island to swim at one of the white sand beaches. The water was great, and we did a bit of shopping with the local shops. My wife and mom got some very nice silver jewelry, and it was great bargaining the prices! After that, our last stop was to Punta Sur, for the lighthouse and crocodile tours. The habitat for the crocs was amazing. 2000 acres of protected land, in a marshy setting. Be careful on the dirt road though. It looked as if it was used as an artillery practice field! Potholes were massive. 5 mph was too fast sometimes! The lighthouse area was great, with fantastic views. I declined to go up the lighthouse because it was such a hot day. But we still enjoyed the area. Our tour guide Pancho was great! He was funny, informative, and caring. He even packed a cooler for us with beers, waters, and soft drinks. Really refreshing! I had a blast with this tour, and so did my folks. I reccomend it!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank sh1520
Cleveland, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great way to explore Cozumel”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This tour is perfect if you don't have a lot of time in Cozumel (I was only there for two full non-travel days) and you want to experience a little bit of everything. From the snorkeling, which was the first stop, to the Mayan ruins and the tequila tour, lunch and the lighthouse, it was a looong day but a great tour. Paco was a great guide and did a wonderful job switching back and forth from Spanish to English to accommodate all six on our tour.

Visited September 2013