Sunscape Sabor Cozumel
$504
$456
Hotels.com
2,572 results
All reviewsseaside grillel patioportofino restauranttortuga barda mariodive housejuan carlosocean frontpaddle boardsmarket cafefishpizza placeentertainment staffbeach barnachosmain poolwater shoes
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed at the Sunscape Sabor in February. We booked this trip in Oct. and reserved a king bed at that time. We got a room with 2 doubles at check in. The front desk said we could change the room the next day. I went back the next day and was told it would be 3 more days until we could switch rooms. I found out that my room was given to another person the night before. This made me really angry at first. I FINALLY FOUND THE APPLE VACATION DESK. We got our room, thanks to them on Wed. afternoon. I have to say that I enjoyed Cozumel but not so much the resort I stayed at. We did buy the lowest priced package so I think we got what we paid for. Don't expect the best if you didn't pay for it. I will do Cozumel again but not the Sunscape Sabor.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
SusczeConcierge, E-Concierge at Sunscape Sabor Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Hi coolman59,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our resort.

We value your detailed suggestions as our guest’s feedback is truly important for us and we will consciously revise all of your remarks.

While we understand the way you felt about the situation experienced during your stay, we do hope that our reply to your feedback restores some semblance of trust on us. Please contact us directly at info.seacz@secretsresorts.com to take care of your next reservation.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is our 8th year going to the Caribbean and staying at all inclusives - and I am sorry to say this is the worst we have ever stayed at. The food was not good at all! The salad bar had no lettuce, a "fresh" pan of eggs in the morning were stone cold, you had to hail someone down to get coffee, tea or anything! And the buffet was a joke! Maybe 6 or 7 items and they did not look good! (the items had been there a while!) The lunch place by the pool offered burgers, hotdogs, nachos or quesidillas. My husband got a hotdog - and there was nothing to put on it. People are lined up for this!!!! Terrible. I will say our room was okay, but my sister-in-law's and husbands room was not. Floor was dirty, shower curtain was ripped, tub was dirty. There are NOT enough chairs on the beach or palapas. People were sitting on towels just to be on the beach! The ladies room up by the "quiet pool" had no toilet seat! At noon on Monday, the resort was out of ICE!!!
The worst thing to us was we were promised a 4 star resort. This is a 1 or 2 star...at the most! Luckily, my brother-in-law had his lap top and after many hours trying to get connected, we were able to contact our travel agent (whose messages were never delivered to us!) who got us switched to a much better resort (which is rated 3 1/2 stars!) on Monday. She saved our vacation!!! Unless this place makes some major changes soon...we can't see why any one would go here!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
SusczeConcierge, E-Concierge at Sunscape Sabor Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hi babsinNH,

Thank you for taking the time to write an informative review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. Your remarks are very much appreciated as they help us to improve our service, and our product.
We are happy to see that there are elements of the resort that you enjoyed however, we are very concerned to know that your experience did not live up to our usual level of service offered at Sunscape Sabor Cozumel.

We sincerely hope to welcome you to Sunscape Sabor Cozumel on a future occasion so we can have the opportunity to redeem ourselves providing you with the service you deserve.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We just got back from our girls trip to this resort. There was 6 of us ranging in age from 29 to 60. We all loved our 6 day stay here. the resort staff was so friendly and talkative with us. The entertainment crew of Enrique, Manuel and Abril was awesome. they have so much energy. i never saw them not smiling. they also remembered all of our names and always came to say hello every morning when they started their day. Our server Maxwell was a very nice man also. he made sure we were having a good time and plenty of drinks. The grounds were always very well kept and our rooms were always clean. You can see that all the staff works very hard all day everyday. We will be coming back here next year for my bachelorette/ bridal shower party. We hope the same staff will be there because they just helped make this well needed trip extra special. Thanks

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank veronica j

Hi veronica j,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Sunscape Sabor.

I was delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

We look forward to have the pleasure of having you back home in the near future.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Just got back from a week here with my family. Room was OK....air conditioning was awful. Staff were very helpful. Food was the worst ever. Head chef is being replaced in two weeks so here is hoping for people who follow. Very bland food and not enough. They were always running out of stuff one day or another. Room service was a plus especially for the kids. You could order chicken fingers and french fries but it could end up as fish and a salad when french fries were out.
People nabbed sun loungers by 7am every day at the beach or pools, so you need to be quick to claim your spot for the day.
Dive House (the dive shop) was small but efficient and diving was good. Beach was sandy but you need water shoes to go further out due to the rocks. Resort was OK on the whole.

Room Tip: Paying for a ocean view was a big plus. Our room 3214 was perfect.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kate H

Hi Kate H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. Your remarks are very much appreciated as they help us to improve our service, and our product.

We are certainly pleased to understand from your comments about your recent trip to Sunscape sabor that you enjoyed the beach, service and accommodating service experience.

As with any hotel, there can be unexpected issues, but we agree with you that how it is dealt with makes a big difference to the guest. It is unfortunate that we did not have the chance to change your negative perception of our property before you left.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I am an avid reader and first time writer. I have never felt the need to write a comment about a resort before. This resort was so bad that I have made it my mission to not allow anyone to make the same mistakes we did. This resort was awful! I have been on about 10 all-inclusive resort vacations. I usually make fun of some of the comments on here to tell you the truth. This resort takes the cake on my list of worst resorts.

The resort had awful service. Very rude, lazy, slow, ungrateful of tips, service is what you should expect at this resort. There is a very odd rule that you line up at the bar. Even if you are on one side of the bar, you have to walk around and get in line. Oh…lines…get use to them if you come here! The bars, restaurants, and amenities are understaffed. Lots of lines and waiting here. The bartenders cannot get the most basic of drinks right and after you wait in line for 20min your frustrations will be on high.

I am not a picky eater but the food was best described as unrecognizable slop. Out of about 20 items that you will most likely see every day, maybe two of these are edible.

The mini bar in your room, nice idea if it was ever filled and good luck calling for more, we did every day with no avail. To some up this review without rambling on all day: We had to go out for dinner almost every night; we had to buy booze, pop and beer to avoid lines and to basically enjoy what we wanted; the pools were packed and if you are not up at 530 am to get a deck chair then good luck for the day. We wasted money buy coming here. Never again!

Room Tip: Don't go. Get a hotel or condo or other resort. There are really nice all you can drink beach clubs that can be used if that is your thing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Adam C

Hi Adam C,

We appreciate the time that you have invested on writing an overview of your stay with us.

There seems to have been a number of deficiencies encountered which are very atypical and not reflective of our brand experience; if this stay was marred by irregular circumstances, we can only renew our apologies and assure you that we have in the meantime briefed the team at great length of your comments.

We are working on a daily basis to exceed our guest’s expectations and would love to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future to offer you a remarkable stay.