“Best Excursion EVER!!”

Sand Dollar Sports Harley Davidson Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a ride around the island of Cozumel on a Harley Davidson as you discover places few know about. Make a few stops and enjoy some lunch and soft drinks as you make your way back.Highlights:Motorcycle ride around the islandLunch and soft drinks includedTake a swim or relax at the beachThe Activity:Harley-Davidson 1200 Sportster Customs and Cozumel! A must do “bucket list” ride. Join us for a trip around the island. Discover out of the way places that very few have seen and even fewer know about. Visit El Cedral an ancient Mayan community, wander mainstreet and find unique local handcrafts. Keep your eye open for an “Alux” (alush), the Mayan equivalent to a “Leprichan” .El “Mirador” is an excellent photo opportunity, not to be missed. Next our guides will make their way to one of our favorite local restaurants for authentic snacks and drinks with some free time at the beach or just relax and enjoy the incredible view.The “Open Air Market” is the following stop and you won’t want to forget your camera for this one! The final leg of our journey takes us to the water front, passing the downtown plaza on our way back to your cruise ship pier.What to Bring:Sun protection (sunglasses and sunblock)Bathing suit and towel in case you want to go for a swimValid motorcycle license for driversWhat to Wear:Strongly recommend wearing jeans and closed toe shoesImportant Notes:Driver must be minimum 23 years of age with a valid motorcycle license and minimum age for rider is 18 years.A credit card must be given in the event the motorcycle is returned damaged.Helmets are included. Minimum Age:23 YearsTour Duration:3.5 Hours
Floresville, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Excursion EVER!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I booked this trip thru Carnival (called Iron Horse Ride) for our recent cruise. My husband and I are both had bikes reserved. There was only 1 other couple with us for a total of 3 bikes plus one for Carlos. This was absolutely the best excursion my husband and I have ever been on. Carlos started with a safety briefing and explained the hand signals he would use. Carlos led the way on his bike while we were followed by Serigo in truck which carried our bags, cameras, and had a cooler with cold drinks. Sergio used the truck to block intersections so the bikes could stay together safely. Safety was a high priority throughout the ride. Carlos to us to areas that would not normally be seen by tourists. He had stops scheduled where he would offer to use our cameras to take pictures of us in various backgrounds. We stopped at a Mayan temple ruin where Carlos explained some of the history of the Mayans and we had an opportunity to see a black coral demonstration and do some shopping. The ride alone the beach was wonderful and we stopped to see a blow hole which was very cool. During the stop for an authentic Mexican lunch (we were shown how the Mexicans eat fajitas) we had a short walk in the jungle that was fascinating. Carlos pointed out the poisonous tree along with the cure tree. We ended the tour riding thru a part of the city that showed how the local population lived. All in all the was the highlight (I think) of our trip and well worth the money. Carlos and Sergio were excellent guides and I would not hesitate to do this again.

1 Thank TxRose54

Beckley, West Virginia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Harley Riding at its BEST”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was by far the best shore excursion we have ever done. Carlos & his sidekick (the best road captain, ever) were great ! I have been to Mexico several times, and done just about everything, so when I say this adventure was awesome, I speak from experience. From one biker to another "Get out and ride". It was well worth the cost, and it will be something you never forget. Cudos, to the staff for making this adventure great !!!

1 Thank Connie H
Bristol, Tennessee, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great time with great guides!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

If anyone is thinking about taking this tour, you should not even think twice. Carlos and Edurado were the guides for the wife and myself. Carlos was a great guide with a lot of knowledge of the island. Got to see a lot of the island that many others on our cruise ship did not. I would highly recommend this tour even if you are not there for a cruise. Had a great time and would do it again in a heart beat. Thanks for the great memories.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank flynhi991
Embrun, Ontario
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nothing short of great!!!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Off our Carnival ship, we were greeted by Carlos and Sergio and right off the bat, we felt like the welcome was truly genuine. We waited a few minutes for the other rider, Frank and his daughter, with whom we share some great laughs throughout the ride. I have to say, we probably had the one in a hundred day where it rained. Not just a little rain, but tropical rainfall. And that started right out of the parking lot. The 1200 Sporties were in great shape, ran great and were as good as a Sportster can get. We stopped at a new restaurant for some authentic fajitas and some beach walking time. Once in back in town, it had rained so much, we were riding in over 18 inches of water on some streets. We just had to laugh, especially since it wasnt our own bikes. :)

The host Carlos and his sidekick Sergio were nothing short of great. I could go on and on about how great this was even on a tropical storm day. Of course, some sunshine would have been good, but it wasn't in the cards. I fully recommend this excursion or outing. Awesome way to learn about the Mayan culture, the history of Cozumel and of course, to make some great new friends. Once in a while you get to do an excursion where you feel the price paid was worth every penny, and this is one of them. If I could give more than 5 out of 5, i would.

(Carnival calls it Iron Horse Island ride)

Pierre

Spring, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best excursion of the trip!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I want to say "Thank You" to Carlos and his team for a wonderful guide around the beautiful island of Cozumel. My husband and I LOVED it. This is one we will definitely do again. Worth every penny. Also very informative about the island history. Had a truck traveling behind us the whole time allowing the trip to run even smoother. We really felt like they had our best interest in mind. They thought of everything. There is food on this trip but it is in the cost of the tour. I definitely recommend this to all who have a motorcycle license.

2 Thank Swamee6768