“AWESOME FUN!!!”

Jean Laffite Pirate Dinner Cruise
Reviewed December 18, 2012

After reading about this excursion and talking to others who had been on it we decided to go ourselves. WOW, it was absolutely the most fun we had the entire week week we were in Cozumel! From the moment you step on board to the time you get off, fun, laughs, drinks and awesome food! The entire crew was entertaining and didn't leave anyone out.
You are given a choice of drink, alcohol or not, as soon as you step aboard and as many thereafter as you want. The crew keeps the activity moving along from adult games to singing to sword fights. When it is time to eat, tables are set up and food served swiftly.
The dinner itself was steak and lobster tail. I have only tried lobster one other time and I didn't care for it. I decided to try it again and I was glad I did. They grill theirs and it was absolutely delicious. Very tender and full of flavor. We were told the lobster was from the gulf, very different from the Maine lobsters. In any event, between the lobster and steak, we were very satisfied with dinner.
One of the passengers got sea sick and was unable to eat his dinner so the crew packaged up his and his wife's dinner and took them back to the dock and let them off. Even with that, the crew never skipped a beat and kept everyone else entertained while they got the couple safely back on land. I was very impressed with all aspects of the cruise and can't say enough about the awesome crew.
I know it's been said before but the Jean Lafitte Pirate Dinner Cruise is a "must do"! You will be glad you did, we certainly were!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Captain Jean Lafitte and his Pirate Crew are AWESOME!!! From the time that you meet the Captain at the restaurant to take us to the ship for our sail/show/dinner till the time he packs us off in a cab back to our hotels, it was almost Non-Stop Exciting Entertainment!!
The Food (Steak) was so AWESOME, cooked to perfection (my wife knows me that if I don't like something I will definitely let someone know that something wasn't up to a good standard)!
Also, I have a food allergy (Onions and Garlic) and their cook was so accommodating to me by making sure they even cooked by steak first before they put the other steaks on the grill which would all have Seasoning Salt on them and this way my steak didn't get the seasoning salt on my steak, which seasoning salt has "massive doses" of Onion, Onion Powder, Garlic and Garlic Powder in it. They made me feel so at ease by doing this with my steak and they didn't make it seem like a big deal or a bother to them. The Entertainment that they provide is just exceptional, I have been in the Entertainment Business for over 40 years and these "Pirates" were so Exceptional!! The Action Adventure Swashbuckling fights were exciting to see, I mean there they are swinging and slashing with their Cutlet's, you can see the sparks when their blades hit and you just know that if they just happen to "zig" when they should have "zagged" that someone might just lose an appendage or two. They dance, shout, laugh and overall entertain for the entire time that they are with you. The Pirate Ship is so Authentic Looking and the movement on the Sea, is definitely Authentic also. The entire event leaves you with the feeling that you have spent time with an Authentic Group of Swashbucklers and with all the Food and Drinks that you are supplied with, if you leave the ship at the end of the night still hungry or thirsty, then you must of been shy of asking for more, because they keep pleasing you all night making sure you have a drink in your hand and that you got all the Lobster you wanted. We had 12 people in our group on ship and we had So Much Fun!!
If you are looking for something to do when you are going to celebrate a personal event this is one place to look toward celebrating at, because they make you feel So Special with all the attention they give to you!!!
They have a professional photographer who works from when you arrive till when you leave and for the cost of $20 we got our CD of 49 photo's!! it is such a bargain!!! We did take photos on our own, but I would recommend that you just leave your camera at home/hotel and let her take all the photos for you, hence you aren't having to worry about dropping your camera in the ocean, dropping it or worry so much to take this picture or that picture that you forget to put the camera down so you can Eat, Drink and Be Merry!!!
We plan on coming back to Cozumel in 2013 and when we do, we will be returning with friends and we will definitely be back on-board to enjoy more Swashbuckling Entertainment Extraordinaire!!! We enjoyed it so much that even though we stayed at an All-Inclusive Resort where they even supplied us with $$ Credits to apply toward activities on and around the island, suchas swimming with the Dolphins, swimming the Rays, tours of Mayan Ruins, so with all of those options that didn't cost us a thing, here we were paying to go on the Jean Lafitte, and we are so glad we did. I encourage everyone to join Captain Jean Lafitte and his Hearty
Crew and Sail one of the 7 Seas.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is a dinner show on the water with a wild, anachronistic pirate theme. Its funny and its on the adult edgy side - do NOT bring the kids. Be prepared for audience participation. I will tell you that is not normally my idea of a good time, but after the drinks which start flowing from the first step on the boat, its all good. And the food is great. My wife had the lobster and steak, and I had chicken and steak, and they were excellent. We all left with smiles on our faces. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank RickfromDE
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were here with family, and the reviews for this were so good it was one of the things I really wanted to do, and I am so glad we did! The show was great!! Very funny and entertaining the whole time, although not for kids. The food was outstanding, and the drinks were plentiful. They kept everyone involved and made sure you were having fun. I would definately do it again.

1  Thank DEBRA D
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My mother and I visited Cozumel before I started my Masters Degree and before she returned for another tour of duty in Afghanistan. This was one of the funniest things I have ever seen, both my mother and I were talking about this show for days, and offered us an escape from work and school. If we are ever in Cozumel again we will defiantly be booking another cruise it was that much fun.