“Go somewhere else!!”
Review of Ocean Bar & Grill Beach Club - CLOSED

Ocean Bar & Grill Beach Club
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Ocean VIP Beach Club and Restaurant is one of the most recent beach clubs in Cozumel. We offer authentic fresh Mexican and International food.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My entire family, (mom, grandma, aunt and uncle) were told about this location by the taxi service, and when we got into the Taxi it was $20 dollars one way there. We get there after being told that you can sit on the beach for free, which is what we wanted, we were told that we had to pay 12 dollars per person to enter into the beach, after we decided that we did NOT want to pay 12 dollars per person, the Mexican selling wrist bands told us that it would be 24 dollars for my Uncle and I, and my grandmother aunt were free, long story short! Find some where else! They are so pushy, and don't understand the concept of NO when they try peddling merchandise in your face! It is NOT worth it, the beach was NOT even good! The sand was gross, and the water was dirty!

There are newer reviews for Ocean Bar & Grill Beach Club

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I went on a cruise and one pit stop was in Cozumel. Our initial plan. Was to go snorkeling, but the water was pretty choppy where we wanted to go. Ocean bar was recommended by the taxi service as a great alternative. This place was not good! The ocean bottom was all rocks and coral and unless you wore water shoes your feet got torn up. Food was expensive $20 bucks for civiche, Bucket of beer $27 bucks. Not in my opinion Mexico prices. There is also a $12 admission fee. This price includes using the facilities and chairs. I would not recommend this place. If your looking for all inclusive food and drinks with entertainment go to Mr. Santos. If your looking for great snorkeling go to Playa Corona (ranked #2 in the Caribbean).

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have gone to Oceans Bar & Grill 3 times in one year we rent a home near the beach club. We are a family of four with 2 teen age children. Our family has never had such a wonderful time and could not ask for better people. The staff at the beach club are friendly, very very helpful with all activities and a gem when it comes to service. The food at the beach club is very good and the chef will even prepare fish that you may have caught elsewhere. I do not know what people could be talking about when they say you have to buy a chair. There is another location just a short distance from the beach club that does have that service. This beach club does not, they offer ocean activities of all types provide staff that is out on the water for the protection and safety of its patrons and has a wide variety of activities to offer. The prices are very reasonable and the accommodations are clean and well taken care of. If anyone is steeling anything it your friend on the lounge chair next to you not the staff at Oceans. I believe if you go there with a" I want to have fun" attitude you really will at this location. You will have a great beach day with lots of great people and have a great meal with reasonable priced drinks.

Mic & T, Chicago, Illinois

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent a 1/2 day on the beach here; the drinks and food are cheap and the staff is really friendly. We didn't do any of the water sports; just laid out and still had a great time.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went to Cozumel on a Royal Caribbean Cruise. Our activity at Grand Cayman the previous day was hectic, so we decided to take it easy at Cozumel. We were at Cozumel in 1999, we knew it has nice places for snorkeling and scuba diving and should be pretty easy to get around. We asked the cab driver to recommend a place for swimming and snorkeling, he told us Playa Mia and Ocean Beach club. We decided to go to Ocean Beach because it was cheaper. Playa Mia seem to be more popular though. A $14 cab ride took us to the club, for $50 per person, you get the all inclusive package, the beach, the pool, snorkeling gear, kayak, sailing boat, parasailing, food and drink. We don't drink and we only plan to spend 1/2 day on the beach, so we paid $12 per person for admission. When we arrived around 10:30 in the morning, there was low tide. The water was clear, the bottom were full of rocks, shells and seaweed, was not pleasant to walk on them at all! The water was so shallow, you have to go quite far from the beach to snorkel. The beach was packed with people on chairs. The chairs are so closed to each other, it wasn't comfortable to be sunbathing on the chair. There were many waiters busy serving people food and drink. The speakers were blasting loud music. If you are the kind who wants to have 3 or 4 alcoholic drinks in two hours, eat a lot, enjoy loud musics on the beach and don't really care about swimming or snorkeing. This is the place for you since the all inclusive price of $50 is lower than Playa Mia. We paid $12 for admission and to use the chair, it's not a bad deal either. I don't think I will recommend this place to anyone, and I am not planing to come back to this place.