“Danube”
Review of Danube European Cuisine - CLOSED

Danube European Cuisine
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Danube is located on the 4th floor of plaza i95 directly across form the pier of Puerta Maya. We feature an eclectic medley of European menu items from England to Turkey. Our Chef graduated from the Culinary Institute of America and have worked in Michelin star restaurants of New York City. Our building has a dedicated supply of filtered water that supports our highest standards of sanitation and cleanliness. Our mission is to provide Cozumel with fine dinning cuisine at a casual price. Our constant effort to refine and perfect our offerings bring you an ever-evolving menu that is innovative and exciting. Reservations welcomed.
Reviewed May 27, 2012

It was on the 4th floor and had an elevator; very clean and crisp. Service was great and we had a complimentary botana. Menu was varied and and had lots of "homespun choices" like chicken paprekash, which you don't find in Cozumel. Went there four timesw, before they closed.

1  Thank scubawomanCozumel
There are newer reviews for Danube European Cuisine

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I just had 3 appetizers and couldn't finish. All three were absolutely delicious. The clam chowder was to die for, rich and filling, the best I've eaten. I could eat that alone and need nothing else. They started with small delicious tidbits we did not order and scrumptous bread. I don't remember all that we had but the calamari was also some of the best and tender, tender. The cost is very reasonable; the clam chowder was $5.95 as are most of the appetizers. I've actually been to Danube 3 times and loved it each time. I live in Cozumel and it is one of my favorite restaurants.

2  Thank BanditCozumel
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Danube is a gem that is not given enough credit for the food they are producing. The chef's, who are classically trained professionals, truly know how food should taste and be cooked. I have visited Danube a number of times and I would just like to share that this food is a delight. They serve unique classic french food with a twist...European interpretations from various cultures. We visited Danube to celebrate the last night of my friend's first visit to Cozumel. We were not dissappointed!

1  Thank emilyeegge
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Last Friday, my husband and I and a group of friends went to the Danube for dinner....all I can say is AMAZING! We sat outside on the patio and the gorgeous sunset made the evening perfect. Great drink menu with very creative and yummy drinks. We had the Oasis, Crown apple ( my favorite) with several others I am anxious to try. Several of us had the lentil soup and I must say it was divine, slight hint of curry, perfectly done veggies. I will definitely be trying it again on my next visit to the Island. One of the other guests tried the Caesar salad and commented that it was perfectly seasoned. For the main, several had the red snapper with spinach over white beans....almost wanted to lick my plate! The pork plate was moist and perfectly cooked. Desserts we very yummy...the coconut creme brulee was very good, however a bit stronger on the coconut flavoring would have made it perfect. The lime tarts were delectable with fights over the last bites. Just the perfect amount of tang and a delicate crumb crust.

The wait staff was very attentive, professional and gracious. The restaurant was beautifully decorated however it didn't need much with the beautiful Caribbean as it's backdrop. Only regret was that we went late in our trip---no time left for a second visit. But in December on our return visit, you can count on us being there and bringing our friends.

1  Thank ellendanderson
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have visited the island of Cozumel every year for the past 19+ years...and this is easily the best new restaurant in a long time! Why on earth is it so far down on your list? Something funny about that!

My friends and I ate at Danube for the first time last week. What a delightful experience...from the exceptional service, the lovely decor to the delicious food! We had appetizers of tasty samosas, grilled veggies and piping hot fresh bread. Our main courses were like something out of a gourmet magazine...almost too pretty to eat...but we dug in! It was delicious....we satisfied the meat eater, the seafood lover and the strict vegan all without anyone sacrificing flavor! That's tough to do on this island!

We went to this restaurant on a recommendation of a local friend. After our wonderful dining experience, I then started talking to other friends about it. Everyone has raved about what a fabulous new option for dining that is now available in Cozumel. The decor was beautiful, the staff were friendly and more than accomodating and the food and drinks were delicious!

My trusted friends at TripAdvisor, you need to send someone down to Cozumel to check this place out! Reading a review about "plastic camp chairs" on the deck area is clearly not at Danube or Chi (as I ate at Chi just yesterday!) It would be well worth the trip to find this delightful restaurant. I will be returning to Danube before I leave the island....and that's a promise! If you don't go, you'll be missing out!

1  Thank elicoz