“Great food beautiful beach totally awesome.”

Beachclub Buccanos Bar & Grill
Ranked #83 of 394 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Buccanos is a vibrant restaurant that showcases simple and modern Mexican with an infusion of Caribbean together with local seafood and other street-food favourites all made with the fresh and authentic ingredients. Breakfast specails include coconut french toast with glazed bananas, mushroom and spinach omelette drizzled with truffle oil to shrimp scrambled eggs with pesto. Singnature lunch dishes included lobster mac and cheese, shrimp and fish tacos to angus beef burgers to mention a few. Activites avaiable include beach massage, swimming pool, shore snorkeling, kayaking, jet skiing, parasailing, tequila factory,
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were there doing the day and ate lunch. What a great location, with beautiful view. We had the sea food platter it fed 5 of us. Wonderful tasting. The staff is all very friendly.

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

As soon as you arrive Ann is outside waiting to escort you inside the intimate restaurant with breath taking view of the ocean. The owner comes out tells you the dinner specials that were freshly caught .
We had a wonderful time, the food was excellent and I felt like a movie star there the way they treated us. There are not many tables which makes it great! Make sure and wear bug spray , if you forget Ann will go get you some . Make sure to get reservations online !! They are only open on Friday and Saturday evening .

Reviewed July 16, 2013

While on vacation with my parents, I decided to take one of those cruises that stop by Conzumel. As I was planning our visit in Conzumel, there were a lot of options, many beach places, hotels that offered us something to do. I then saw Buccanos on Trip Advisor and based on the reviews I decided to visit this place, being that based on the website and the reviews there was no fee to get in as long as we purchase food and drinks, we were planning to stay there the entire day so that was not an issue.
After we took a cab ride that cost about $15 to get there from the port, we arrived. There were a bunch of people wearing uniforms and tags that stop you at the front, they are called "tour guides" for the premises. The first question was, "are you staying locally?" cruise?", we said cruise of course. Then they told us about a charge for people who come from the cruise, the charge was not so bad, $10 per person but then we will still have to purchase food and drinks separately, and when traveling with family, it adds up. And they do not take American Express as payment which made it even more difficult to spend money there.
At that point I was a bit disappointed to not know about this. Also because both taxi cabs told us that yes there was a charge of $10 per person but that counts towards the food and beverage charges.
The food, the area was beautiful, just disappointing to know have the story straight.
My suggestion to Buccanos is that you are clear on what people are charged, whether they come from a cruise, or a canoe, everyone should be treated the same. So either have a fee for everyone or don't.

2  Thank Sonia V
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Decded on this place to spend the day off the Cruiseship and so glad we did! I read many reviews about Buccanos and I thought I was all prepared to get a great deal off the ship. Well, my husband, my 16,19,20 and 22 yr old kids and I decided to take a taxi to the property and pay when we arrived. We were bombarded with local tour guides trying to sell us a 25$pp package there. This would include roundtrip transportation and entry- which he told us was $15pp. Glad I had previously researched on Trip Advisor bc I knew others had paid $8pp! He would not budge on the price so we got our own taxi for $4pp and had to pay $10pp entry to the property. We argued that others had paid $8 when we got there- gentleman wouldnt come down.Still saved $$. Would have been $150 instead of $84. Anyway- what you get for your fee is a gorgeous beach, very nice restroom facilities, plenty of comfortable chairs , hammocks, chairs under umbrellas if yiu prefer and access to a restaurant and water activities. We brought our own snorkelling gear and spent most of the day in the water. Lots of amazing sealife! Barracudas even! You can rent their gear if you prefer. There are jetskis, scubadiving(George even offers a $20 certification!) parasailing, kayaks and sailboating. There is a rockclimbing wall and zipline. ( probably a fee for this- we never even had time to check on it!). We ate a wonderful lunch at the restaurant- My husband declared his fish tacos to be the BEST ever !! Our total bill for the 6 of us was $105.00 US dollars. We all got bottled sodas and bottled waters and 3 appetizers as well as our entrees so very reasonable and delicious! We will definately go back! I feel a bit more prepared to argue with the locals now!

1  Thank goin
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The food is great, the service very good and the view is stunning. I love it for Sunday lunch. This last time I had the spicy shrimp tacos and it was more than I could eat. They have a wonderful hamburger with fries and other delicious lunches.