“WOW - food is absolutely fabulous - should be TA #1 in Cozumel”
Review of Al Pie de Carbon

Al Pie de Carbon
Ranked #111 of 404 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Argentinean, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Steak House y Sea FoodNuestra Especialidad: Langosta a la parrilla y cortes finos y selectos de calidad Angus, preparados a la vista de usted,100 % al carbon, en un ambiente romantico donde podrá disfrutar nuestra amplia selección de vinos.Pregunte por nuestras deliciosas empanadas argentinas.
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We ate two dinners here - they are open around 3:30pm this time of the year. We both had the char-grilled lobster one night with char-grilled vegetables, and the small char-grilled filet the next. Drinks, wine, and food were spectacular. We also ate at Kondesa, Kinta, and Poncho's Backyard, and this was far the best food and quality we had during our 10 day stay in Cozumel. Meats and vegetables cooked over real charcoal, on a small patio outside. Seating inside which is A/C is just 5 tables. Owner stops and chats while his is cooking on the grill - very nice. We had the place to ourselves one night, as Hurricane Ernesto was passing the island to the south. They closed up early at 815pm that night, as mandatory evacuation order - everything to close by 9pm - by the police, as the storm was approaching. We had a lot of rain and wind there, but not much if any damage for what we could see the next day. We are foodies for sure, and this place should be Number One on Trip Advisor in Cozumel !!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I consider ourselves foodies when it comes to evaluating restaurants, so deals such as two for one drinks or cheap beer or margaritas don't really factor into our overall opinion of a restaurant. We tend not to go back to places after trying them once or twice, unless by our standards, we couldn't cook it ourselves and it tasted great. One other thing, we have learned over the years that if a restaurant has a book for a menu (i.e. multiple pages of vastly different items) then everything suffers. If you are fish place make a few great fish items, if a steak place the same. With that said, sometimes someone surprises us.
Here is our 10 cents about the places we ate during our two weeks in Cozumel at the end of July 2012.
a. A very little place on the north side of the square that serves Argentinian Steaks or at least Argentinian style. We love this place. They have a very small menu (GOOD THING) and execute it. Never had a bad meal here although I would rather eat fish when I am in Cozumel.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We liked this place so much we ate here twice while on vacation! The service and the food was excellent. The atmosphere is very authentic and air conditioned! We will be back for sure.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I just got home from my 9th trip to Cozumel over 15 years.......and by FAR this was the BEST lobster I have ever had.....in fact, went twice!! You can pick your lobster tail (priced by size)......one night had a salad of grilled veggies, the next time skipped the salad and had the veggies that were served with the entree. Pace yourself on the delicious grilled bread that is served first, accompanied with chimichurri (a parsley type pesto), garlic butter, and hotter than you know what! Be careful! The staff was fab...especially Brenda, my waitress both times. Slightly off the beaten path, A/C indoors if you want, delish wine......Trust me!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was a little tired of Mexican food so I ordered the filet mignon with grilled vegetables. The food was incredible! Everything, even the bread brought out as an appetizer, is cooked on the outdoor grill. Extremely flavorful. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to food but would have gladly paid twice as much for my meal!