“Best Ever”

Chichi Charters
Ranked #20 of 301 Outdoor Activities in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Chichi Charters offers Private Charters for every traveler’s needs. Come see why Cozumel Mexico is one of the top destinations in the world for Fishermen, Divers and Snorkelers.Our Charters and experienced crew will take you to the most fertile waters where our warm tropical waters and nearby costal reefs provide the perfect habitat for an unforgettable fishing experience. After an afternoon of fishing try our Combo Trips, where we take you to explore Cozumel’s underwater paradise while snorkeling along the second largest reef in the world.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have used Chichi Charters on multiple trips to Cozumel and have never had anything but a great experience. We are intermediate divers and Amanda always sets us up with Angel as our boat captain and John as our master diver. Angel was born and raised on the island and is extremely knowledgeable about the area and the sea life. His English is good and his attitude is always so upbeat he so fun to be around. John is Canadian, but has lived and dove the island for years. He always knows the best place to dive depending on the weather and time of year. We have never had a bad or boring dive. We just returned from diving with John in Cozumel, we took a couple of friends with us (also divers) who also thought John was the best they had dove with. He has spoiled us for any other dive master. Tip: John also takes unbelievable underwater pictures, be sure to ask him to bring along his camera.
Booking is always easy. Amanda and Chichi always pay attention to details. The cost is also very reasonable. I am not sure why anyone would ever go out on one of the hotel boats that pack 20 divers on one boat.
This is a great group of people, can't recommend them strongly enough!

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"prepared fresh"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We booked an eight hour fishing trip and had a great time. Raul, George and Ramon picked us up right at the hotel and we headed south. Overall, fishing was pretty slow but we still wound up with three big (4'+) mahi-mahi and a barracuda. The guys did everything they could to keep us on the fish. For lunch, Ramon made guacamole and pico de gallo from scratch and served it with chips and sandwiches.

We can't wait to go back and try again for a bill fish.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had a great time on our 6 hour fishing and snorkeling trip with Miguel and the captain Luis. Miguel worked tirelessly trying to get us a fish. He was constantly changing out baits, watching the lines, and making adjustments. Luis was working just as hard looking for birds and positioning the boat so that we would pass through a school of bait fish that were breaking the water. Their hard work paid off and we landed a large Mahi Mahi. We also had two other hits, but they got away. Next, we snorkeled at Columbia Shallows. We saw a sea turtle and lots of reef fish. Miguel took our camera and dove down to get some really good shots. After that, Miguel put the lines back out or our trip home, and the captain prepared the most delicious guacamole I have ever had. All in all, a good day on the water!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Thank you Chichi! I was a beginner at snorkeling and Angel made sure I always felt safe and comfortable (I even removed my life vest after the first few dives). Angel & Juan were very personable and helpful - pointing out what we were seeing & things to to look for underwater and snorkeling tips. Angel was such fun - making bubbles underwater and clowning around. He took such amazing photos of the fish and us. I will DEFINITEY use them again if in Cozumel and recommend you do too!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My daughter arranged this last year in Oct. during my first cruise. This was also my first adventure with snorkeling. I am very lax in reviewing this, but it was a totally awesome experience, and I'm happy to share it even this late. There was so much to see underwater. I was not able to snorkel as well as the grand kids and youngsters, but the Captain and Angel were both very aware of my inabilities, and made it possible for me to have this experience in spite of it. I could only stay out for a short time, and the rest of the time was spent watching the kids as they saw all sorts of underwater wonders. I sat on the boat with the Captain who made our lunch from scratch. The avocado salsa was the best we had ever tasted, and the fresh pineapple so sweet. The kids all found a bunch of starfish with Angel's help and got lots of pictures. The variety was amazing. I was worn out just watching them!