“Snorkel and Diving - just perfect”
Review of Chichi Charters

Chichi Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Chichi Charters offers Private Charters for every traveler’s needs. Come see why Cozumel Mexico is one of the top destinations in the world for Fishermen, Divers and Snorkelers.Our Charters and experienced crew will take you to the most fertile waters where our warm tropical waters and nearby costal reefs provide the perfect habitat for an unforgettable fishing experience. After an afternoon of fishing try our Combo Trips, where we take you to explore Cozumel’s underwater paradise while snorkeling along the second largest reef in the world.
Cleveland, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Snorkel and Diving - just perfect”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at a beach house next to Playa San Francisco. The manager at Carlos and Charleys hooked us up with Amanda for a 7 person snorkel trip that was fun for everyone. The following day we booked a dive trip for 3 on the same boat, skipper Angel and dive master John. That also was a great pleasure - on time, organized and John was the best I've encountered. Can't say enough good things about this group.

Visited March 2013
ChichiCharters, Owner at Chichi Charters, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
It was great to meet you all at the beach that week, and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed both your snorkeling and diving charter with us. We look forward to hearing from you all again in the future.

Ontario Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Best time ever!!!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

ChiChi tours was the best day a family could spend together. Amanda (who we booked with) was so helpful and answered all of my questions. She greeted us before we left and again when we arrived back. Our boat was the Trojan. Our Captain and chef was Luis and our fishing snorkel guide was Miguel aka - “Aqua Man”! Family of four husband 50ish, me getting near 50, a sixteen year old daughter and an eleven year old son. We booked an 8 hour fishing and snorkeling tour. It was my son's first deep sea fishing and he was so excited. We hit a big one with in the first 20mins. However we lost it. Hit another one and lost it really close to the boat. Not once did they try to take over for my son. They just told him what he should try next time. I so appreciated that. After no hits we took a break and went snorkeling at one reef. It was a nice snorkel but “Aqua Man told us the next reef was amazing” He was right! I have never seen such great reefs. Loads of different fish all different sizes. Aqua Man pointed out an eel, barracuda, dove down and brought up a bug like creature there was so much to see. Then our highlight we got to see sea turtles. Three of them a juvenile and two adults. It was breath taking! Then Aqua Man says watch me and dives down about 30 – 40 feet and goes in a small cave at the bottom. I kept waiting he didn't come out? All of a sudden my daughter touches me and points he had swam underneath the reef and came out the other side. I was stunned. As we headed back to the boat we saw some scuba divers. Aqua Man swam down with them and looked up at us. It was so funny as he swam down beside them. Back on the boat. Time to catch the fish they told us. After a while we hit one and my son brought in a Mahi Mahi his highlight! He was so excited. I was so pleased. The weather really wasn't the right kind for fishing. These guys worked so hard to make sure he caught a fish. Not much later he caught another Mahi Mahi. Miguel cleaned one of the fish for us and we took it back to our hotel and they cooked it. The Captain made an amazing lunch sandwhiches with tomatoes and onions on the side, homemade guacamole (the best) and nachos. Through the whole trip we were offered water, beer or pop constantly. It was a wavy day and I felt so confident with our Captain! I noticed right away that the life jackets were sitting on top of the seats just inside the cabin. The washroom was clean and worked well. We had taken ginger pills and had no issues with sea sickness. At one point my daughter was a bit yucky so that's when they suggested snorkeling. They were great guides! I will be using them next year when we return to Cozumel! A big hello and Thank You to Aqua Man and Captain! You really made us have the most memorable trip!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Tremendous service and a great excursion, even when the fishing is off”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Raul and Jorge were committed to giving us a great afternoon, and worked very hard the entire time. The water was rough, and the trolling for large gamefish was just not happening the day we were out. Obviously, we would have loved to have caught a large wahoo or a mahi mahi, but some things you just can't control! It wasn't for lack of effort, however. Jorge was constantly changing lures, depths, etc to try to put us on the fish. We did switch to some deeper fishing and caught a whole mess of ocean triggers, and a few rainbow runners, which was great fun for the kids.

The snorkeling was outstanding. We were taken to a really nice part of the reef, where Jorge was able to show us numerous sea tortoises, a lobster, and we saw some nurse sharks. Raul also took us to an area they called "Sky", and the reason is obvious with the clearest blue water I've ever seen. Lots of starfish to see here.

The boat was very nice and they worked hard to keep it clean. I was simply amazed to watch all those fish be cleaned and yet the boat remained tidy. Beer, margaritas, waters, sodas, chips/guac/pico de gallo all included. Pricey compared to other excursions, but compared to comparably lengthy excursions (and compared to fishing charters in the US), this was very reasonable.

The planning and reservations leading up to the day (Amanda) was top-notch. Will absolutely book with Chi Chi again on future trips to Cozumel.

Scandinavia wi
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“excellent company”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

my brother and I went out for the second year with chichi charters and had a great time again. The captain and guide went out of their way to help us have a great time and worked very hard to get us on fish. 2 wahoo, 1 mahi mahi and one bonito we had a great time again. an will be back if we can next year.

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“One of the best excursions I have ever been on!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and our two kids aged 12 and 15 enjoyed a fabulous 5 hours on this snorkeling adventure! Angel and Captain Al took us to three different locations to snorkel and all three were great spots. It was an overcast day with high winds so we were a little apprehensive about even going but am so glad we did. Angel and Captain Al took us to three different spots where we encountered all types of fish and marine life. Angel did a great job of enthusiastically explaining what was what and showed off how he can free dive over 50 feet...wow!
We were supposed to go to a nice little cove for lunch but due to the weather we snacked on the boat with home made guacamole and salso ..all great!
I woudl highly recomend this excursion for any family!