“Best Dive OF My Life”
Review of Deep Life Divers

Deep Life Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Full scuba center, We are located Main base at Cancun, with operation on Cozumel and Riviera Maya . We do special trips like Whale shark encounters, Bull sharks dives, Manta rays Dives, Sail fish run snorkel trip, Eagle Rays dive at Cozumel, Cancun reefs , Isla Mujeres underwater museum, National marine Parks dives Cozumel , Cancun, Puerto Morelos and the amazing Cenotes Cavern Dives for all levels . New divers can join our first two tanks dive experience and take also Padi certification course . We have round trip transportation to all the different dive zones. Join us.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was planing a SCUBA trip and I found the Deep Life Divers webpage as soon as I got in contact with Eduardo and his team everything was smooth and perfect. He took care of everything from start to the end form the dive guides to the after dives meals. The prices for each dive was very reasonable... We dive 3 different Cenotes 1 Shipwreck, 2 Wall Dives and Drift Dives. Each one of them ware absolutely wonderful experiences...

I you like the adventure and wants to dive with the best people Deep Life Divers is the way to go.

I got to Mexico wanting to dive and leave Mexico with new friends, with new places that I want to dive again, with a feeling of Deep happiness that I will never forget.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Eduardo and his team of merry men made my one day trip to sample Cozumel's reefs most memorable. They clearly aim to please and they did! I could not be happier with the service, and the reef life - sedentary and mobile. Manual was fantastic on the group dive and the solo dive with me later - very funny, but efficient and comfortable. Eduardo and his dad debriefed me after the dive and even walked me to the ferry. Can't beat service like that!
Absolutely no hesitation in recommending Deep Life Divers. I will be back!!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My partner and I found Eduardo and Deep Life Divers via the stellar reviews on TripAdvisor and quickly booked a First Dive at Cozumel for a Labor Day trip to the Mexican Caribbean.

Of course we were excited to see what all the hubbub was about live and in person, but the stellar customer care started the moment Eduardo replied to my request for a reservation. He went the extra mile to answer every question I had and provided information I didn't even think to ask in the days leading up to our visit. The transaction was simple and swift, and Eduardo couldn't have been nicer during all our email conversations. He's such an amazing guy.

Cut to arriving in Cozumel (he walked me through the process of getting to the Island and his boat from Cancun in great detail ahead of time--it was my/our first visit to Mexico): we set out in the morning with Eduardo, his father, his amazingly friendly, funny and welcoming crew and other divers on a perfect Caribbean day. Considering it was our First Dive (a beginner's dive for folks who haven't been certified) most of the boat trip consisted of an introductory class explaining the basics of SCUBA. Eduardo's right-hand man, Manuel, explained all the fundamentals in a fun and engaging way. This was not my first time diving (I did a resort first dive in the Australian reef last year), but I can easily say that Manuel's introduction to diving was far more efficient and clear, better prepping me and the other beginner's for what to expect.

Next up, the first dive: For this dive we had booked a photography/video session with Eduardo, so after getting our feet wet so to speak with the gear, we were taken away from the group for an incredible encounter with the reef at Cozumel. It. Was. Incredible. Eduardo had his hands full with two "beginners" in tow and a huge HD camera to work with, but the dive could not have been better. Days after we've returned back to the States, we both agree this dive was the best part of our hectic and active five day trip. I even dare say this dive was better than any of the "first dives" I did at the Great Barrier Reef (Cozumel had more life, better coral, was brighter, more colorful, the water was calmer and warmer, etc.). In fact, we just received the pictures and videos from Eduardo via DropBox and were reminded just how life-changing the experience was.

Lunch took place on a private beach on Cozumel. It was a yummy homemade chicken and ceviche meal made by Eduardo's mom. You could taste the love, it was so good. The beach was beautiful, too!

The second dive was also simply awesome. Plenty of fish, beautiful and varied coral formations, perfect water, attentive instructors.

Without reservation I highly recommend that ANY level of diver book a dive with Deep Life if you're anywhere NEAR the Mexican Caribbean. You will remember it for the rest of your life. Thank you, Eduardo!!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Deep Life is listed twice on TripAdvisor - both in Cancun and in Cozumel. We dove Cozumel, but left from Cancun (PDC), so my review could apply in either location. They are ranked #1 of 115 tours in Cancun, but not as high in Cozumel, simply due to lower # of reviews, not # of stars (and, probably, to TA's ranking system).

Our experience with Deep Life was not exactly as we had hoped, yet Eduardo and Deep Life still get 5 stars from us due to professionalism and outstanding customer service. I'm sharing our story so you'll know how he stood by his word even when he didn't have to (and other dive companies may not have). I believe you can trust Eduardo to make sure your experience is as he promises, based on what happened with us.

Our dive in Cozumel was arranged via email in advance - (except the exact date). We wanted a short refresher course and two dives. I emailed several companies a few wks before our arrival and based on responses, we chose Eduardo. He sent detailed information, incl. explicit directions for catching the ferry from Playa del Carmen, right down to GoogleMaps with street views of where to park, buy tickets, everything. It was all very accurate and we arrived at the marina right on time. Seriously, his instructions were flawless!

He charged $20US for the refresher and $78US per person for two dives, incl. lunch on a beautiful beach. We supplied our own transportation to Cozumel (w/ Eduardo's helpful directions), but he also offered full-service hotel pick up to marina drop off on Cozumel for an addt'l fee.

To help you plan costs: Ferry was $12US from PDC to Cozumel. Eduardo advised not buying round trip and it was good advice. Our outbound ferry co. (Waterjet) tried to talk us into a RT fare, but we declined, based on Eduardo's advice. On our return, we reached the ferry in Cozumel 30 min before the OTHER company (Ultramar) departed. Had we bought RT on Waterjet, we'd have waited 90 min. We preferred Ultramar anyway (you could actually see out the windows, more choices in seating, entertainment ((tips expected)), better A/C). Our cab fare was $10US each way (ferry to marina). Our dive boat left at 9:30 am, returning around 3:00 pm.

The only problem we encountered on our day of diving was the boat we had expected was already booked and Eduardo had arranged a different boat instead. We did not know this until we got there. The new boat was smaller, no upper deck and no shade canopy. There were 5 divers total; we had enough room, but not quite as nice as the one w/ the deck and shade canopy we'd expected from Eduardo's emails. For some, it would not have mattered, but our group included my 23 yr old who wanted to lay on the sun deck during the 1.5-2 hrs to and from the dive sites, and myself who would have enjoyed the shade of a canopy.

I called Eduardo (who was not with us) and he said there was a problem with the original boat so he'd had to arrange another. To be fair, we had only finalized dates the day prior, so he didn't have much time to reserve a boat, but had we known about the boats, we could have selected a different day.

Even so, our dives were w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l, as Eduardo said they would be. Our OW instructor, Miguel was excellent; good with my 12 yr old, easy to understand and knowledgeable. He stayed close to my son the entire time. We saw the biggest moray eel I've ever seen, a huge shark (don't know exact size, but when it's a shark, it's big) lobsters, groupers, parrotfish, and much more. Miguel took photos and burned to a CD for us for $40 - more reasonable than we've paid for dive photos before. We dove Palancar and Santa Rosa and Palancar was absolutely gorgeous! Miguel suggested a great restaurant (La Mission) called a cab to take us there and met us at the restaurant with the CD.

When we returned to our hotel, Eduardo called to apologize for the change in boats and offered to personally take the three of us cenote diving at no charge. This, to me, was unbelievable. That he would extend such a generous offer to make up for the change in boats to ensure our experience was all he had promised it would be is unheard of. We couldn't take him up on his offer (our choice) but he definitely gained 3 customers for life, and solidified his reputation as one of the top diving companies in the Mexican Riviera.

No wonder this company is rated so high on TA...they are #1 (as of today) in Cancun Tours, which is how I found them. Once again, TA comes through... Love my free-open-24-hrs-travel-agency!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We dove for two days in Cozumel with Eduardo, his wife and father. We were made to feel like this was a family outing and we were part of that family. The dives were great and they took time to ask us what we wanted to see and planned spots that met our needs. Each day of diving was a whole day affair. The boats are slow/relaxing to get to the dive site and they take a very long lunch at a beach/jetty between dives. For us this was a great way to spend a relaxing day. However, if you're the type that wants to rush to dive and be back by lunch look elsewhere.Lunch was prepared by Eduardo's mother-in-law and was great.

Like many dive operators in the area, Eduardo uses other peoples boats so you may change from one day to the next. The only drawback with this is that the gear may be different so you have to check weights again. The crew on both boats were very friendly and helpful.

The boats they used were both very confortable with sun decks, toilets and cover. Something you don't get with the smaller 6 pack speedboats.