“Good Food, Not the Very Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kondesa Restaurant

Kondesa Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 363 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Good Food, Not the Very Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

we ordered the pasta, the snapper enchilladas and the snapper dinner. All were good, but not outstanding. The outside atmosphere was nice and the service was very good.

Mexico City, Mexico
“Great food, Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Laid back atmosphere, with good music and excellent food. Lion fish cakes were superb as a starter. Family ate combinations of pasta, salad, steak and fish, Very happy and engaged staff - warned us of slightly delayed service ahead of ordering. Highly recommended.

Houston, Texas
“Ambience, plating of food, service, and delicious flavors sets this restaurant apart.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stumbled across this gem in March 2012 and was immediately taken back by the beautiful set up of this amazing place. The decor was sophisticated without being pretentious, the lights set the perfect mood for a romantic quiet evening. My friend and I sat at the bar and met the friendliest bartender who was happy to tell us all about the island while he mixed up delicious drinks for us!

This summer, I have found my way back to Kondessa and have fallen even more in love with it than before. I happen to venture in on Friday, which is their "Kondessa Summer Nights" where I drank Sangria all night for one price. This was the best Sangria I had ever tasted! I think it had something to do with the burst of flavors coming from the freshly diced apples that were mixed in with the drink. Great and refreshing after a day on the water.

The dj was playing music that set the perfect mood for a soft lit place that allowed everyone to enjoy the great music without having to yell over it. The set up made me feel as if I was out in some magical place set in the woods.

Having grown up with grandparents and uncles who owned restaurants, I appreciated the attention to detail the owner displayed as he greeted friends and first time guests that quickly became friends too! He circulated the place with ease and checked on everyone, refilling glasses with a pitcher of Sangria before I even had a chance to ask….Loved that about the place!

Last night, I had the good fortune of having a late dinner at the place and was blown away at the plating of food and the different spin he put on the local cuisine! I had an appetizer with three different variations of quacamole! One had strawberries and other fruit mixed in it and I loved the unexpected flavor! Crazy thing is, I don't even like strawberries. :) I ordered the special last night with Mahi Mahi and the plating was absolutely beautiful. It was something I would expect to see in New York, but was pleasantly surprised to see this attention given to this detail.

One drawback…mosquitos…but I have been told that everywhere on the island is like this during this time of year. I am quickly learning that as my vacation continues, but they keep a type of lotion behind the bar if you just ask your waiter for it. So that is not really a Kondesa issue, but more of a Cozumel problem during July. However, they are prepared for it if you just ask!

I would gladly recommend this restaurant to everyone, especially if you are looking for something off the beaten path!

Cozumel, Mexico
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Staff was very attentive and kind. Food presentation was amazing and delicious. Appetizer was unique_Desa Rolls..bland but interesting. I loved the outside eating area, it was an Oasis. $20 average meal price

Austin, Texas
“Classy in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The service was professional and friendly. The food was terrific - as others' reviews had us expecting. Don't miss this as your special meal in Cozumel. Friendly prices too!

Visited July 2013