“Great atmosphere for a date...”
Review of Kondesa Restaurant

Kondesa Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 386 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This place has a mellow, romantic vibe, the food is great, and it looks great too (don't forget- first you eat with your eyes, then with your nose, then your mouth, right?). It's a slam dunk. Go there...

There are newer reviews for Kondesa Restaurant

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Loved our dinner here. Dined with our family of 4 and we had appetizers, meals and split a dessert. All the food was wonderful. Due to being outdoors they do provide "Off" in case the bugs seem to pester. My daughters used it but I didn't have any issues with bugs. The lighting is relaxing and romantic. Excellent service and chef came out to serve and also find out how things were. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We ate at Kondesa twice during our recent visit to Cozumel. The food--from the hikima tacos to the pescado tomatillo and amazing chocolate flan dessert--was all exceptionally tasty and beautifully presented. Even the sopa de lima came as bowls with a next of tortilla strips in the center, to which the broth was added with a flourish that produced a wonderful aroma. While we were there, the staff moved tables around to accommodate people in different spaces so no one felt crowded. The fact that Kris, the chef, goes around and checks on how the food is makes it an even more special event. Definitely at the very top of the list!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was so excited to try Kondesa after reading all the reviews. We have been on the island for 3 months and have been coming here for 13 years but have never been to Kondesa. This 3 month trip I have been going through tripadvisor reviews and trying new places based on those reviews and for the most part they are pretty accurate reviews. Not so with Kondesa. The ambiance is beautiful as stated in many reviews - but I have seen much better. The service was top notch, I could not complain at all about the service but none of that matters when the food is horrible. My husband and I ordered 2 very different meals, he ordered fish enchiladas and I ordered steak and shrimp and both meals were inedible. Both meals were just loaded with salt, so much so that we were just unable to eat it.

We also ordered the 3 Guac for starters and it was very tasty but much too large of portion for 2 people, it would have fed a table of 6 easily.

My suggestion for Kondesa is to go back to the drawing board on seasoning the food. Presentation is 10 - Flavor is 0

1  Thank shandajr
KondesaCozumel, Propietario at Kondesa Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

We're glad you enjoyed our environment, our "top noch" service and our “10” presentation on the plates.

Here in Kondesa when a dish is not perfect or simply is not what our guests was expecting we happily change it for one that makes them happier at no additional cost.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal, however I wish that you had informed the waiter, and allowed us the opportunity to solve the problem.

About our famous “In Guak we Trust” appetizer, we are glad that you enjoyed the taste, it is one of our stars on the menu. However, usually a large portion is not a problem, all the contrary!

On your next visit to Cozumel we would like to have the opportunity of give you the experience for which we have more than 250 excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. It would be my pleasure to serve you personally, please feel free to email me to kondesa.cozumel@gmail.com.

Kristopher Wallenta
Chef/Owner

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Been before on different years and this one never fails to impress. Loved the trio of 'Guac' and the fish is always good.