“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kondesa Restaurant

Kondesa Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 363 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oaxaca de Juárez, Oaxaca, Mexico
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Cozumel is a funny place...from Disney Land freakishness to amazing shrimp tacos sold out of the back of a blue truck. Kondesa fits somewhere on that scale....nothing too showy about it (some tree lighting and nice ambient music) and some great cuisine. We arrived to Cozumel starving and walked to the nearest hotel restaurant. We were greeted with some pretty lame americanized food and clownish expats swaying to Pink Floyd covers. Kondesa restored our faith in nicer budget-friendly culinary options and ambience available on the island. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Richard H

Wisconsin
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I can't say enough about this lovely,courtyard restaurant built around a giant Banyan tree. The lighting in the evening is very pretty. The food is sophisticated and delicious, but I was so impressed with the kindness and professionalism of the staff. After enjoying our dinner we walked several blocks toward the malecon to find a taxi. After a few blocks, a man ran up to us with my purse! I had forgotten it on the chair and the waiter ran all the way trying to find us! I was so grateful for his concern and hard work to find me. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone!!

• Visited January 2013
“Upscale dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

There are many fine restaurants in Coz and the competition for the American diner is fierce.
Lovely atmosphere.
Good drinks.
Lionfish cakes were superb.
Peskada azteca was grouper lightly coated and well- presented on a flavored rissoto.
I cant remember the name of the dessert but was a bread pudding/bananas foster creation. To die for.
Appetizer,drinks, entrees,dessert 64 dollars for 2 making this an excellent value.
Highly recommend.

Tawas City, Michigan
“Food envy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

The soup was fabulous. I got the shrimp Alfredo, it was yummy! I wish I would have gotten one of the Mexican dishes that the others in my group got BUT the shrimp was still very good

• Visited February 2013
Canada
“Magical night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Delicious food, attentive staff, magical setting with the "Avatar" type huge tree making a roof overhead. It's quite dark but the waiter will give you a light to read the menu!
A little off the main drag, but easy to find (if you read your map right!), once through the front door it leads to an open courtyard. Top notch restaurant and food presentation. Beyond delicious sauces.
We met the owner Chris when we were there, very personable.
We also visited his other restaurant, Kinta..again, wonderful. I liked Kondesa's tree atmosphere!
Highly recommend it.