“Delightful!”
Review of Kondesa Restaurant

Kondesa Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 415 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I can't say enough about this lovely,courtyard restaurant built around a giant Banyan tree. The lighting in the evening is very pretty. The food is sophisticated and delicious, but I was so impressed with the kindness and professionalism of the staff. After enjoying our dinner we walked several blocks toward the malecon to find a taxi. After a few blocks, a man ran up to us with my purse! I had forgotten it on the chair and the waiter ran all the way trying to find us! I was so grateful for his concern and hard work to find me. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,466)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

There are many fine restaurants in Coz and the competition for the American diner is fierce.
Lovely atmosphere.
Good drinks.
Lionfish cakes were superb.
Peskada azteca was grouper lightly coated and well- presented on a flavored rissoto.
I cant remember the name of the dessert but was a bread pudding/bananas foster creation. To die for.
Appetizer,drinks, entrees,dessert 64 dollars for 2 making this an excellent value.
Highly recommend.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The soup was fabulous. I got the shrimp Alfredo, it was yummy! I wish I would have gotten one of the Mexican dishes that the others in my group got BUT the shrimp was still very good

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Delicious food, attentive staff, magical setting with the "Avatar" type huge tree making a roof overhead. It's quite dark but the waiter will give you a light to read the menu!
A little off the main drag, but easy to find (if you read your map right!), once through the front door it leads to an open courtyard. Top notch restaurant and food presentation. Beyond delicious sauces.
We met the owner Chris when we were there, very personable.
We also visited his other restaurant, Kinta..again, wonderful. I liked Kondesa's tree atmosphere!
Highly recommend it.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stopped overnight in Cozumel on a recent cruise and wanted to have a local dinner. Since it was a last minute decision, I hustled around to find an option. This one seemed to have great reviews so we struck off to find it. After several locals misguided us and one rather dark, intimidating street, we found it. Our party of 4 was seated at a much larger table (the only negative to our experience) and immediately greeted by a manager. It is a garden setting under a palapa-beautiful and candle lit. We ordered the trio of guacamoles with chips for a starter and each was delicious along with local beers and margaritas. Fish tacos, fundido, tortilla soup-everything we had was fresh and fabulous. Open only for dinner with a beautiful setting and fantastic food.