“great garlic shrimp dish with a good band on Friday night”
Review of Kondesa Restaurant

Kondesa Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 416 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2011

This is a fun resturant to visit. The food and service were really great. The owner knew we were coming. Lots of locals were there for the band. Safe and easy to get to . This resturant has only been open six months and was doing a great job of being the new kid on the block with great food and a fun atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)

Reviewed May 16, 2011

Haven't been to Cozumel in a couple years and the last time we were there, we found and loved Kinta Mexican Bistro so much we went a couple times. Anyway, we found out the owner Kris and his brother Jason opened a sister restaurant down the street called Kondesa. Kondesa certainly follows Kinta's lineage as far as great service, amazing and imaginative food, and a killer atmosphere. The open and airy dining area is something I haven't found anywhere else on the island, and the atmosphere just makes you want to relax with a cocktail. The food was awesome...fresh and vibrant flavors, great portions. All in all, we had an amazing time.

Reviewed May 15, 2011

As other reviews mention - this is a very chic restaurant with an ambiance unlike anything else on the island. Anyone wanting to impress their date should bring them here. The seating is outdoors and while it looks amazing during the day, the lights have a cool effect reflecting off the pastel colored walls in the evening. The service was some of the best we experience on the island. Everyone should try the appitizer "In Guak We Trust" which is a sample of three different guacomoles. Some complain that it is too large to share between two people, and I agree that even four of us didn't finish it as we were saving room for wine and our main entrees. Smaller groups of fewer than four should probably stick to the other guac on the menu. It's the priciest app on the menu likely due to it's size.

I ordered the Kondesa Enchiladas with Mahi-Mahi which I thought were amazing and presented beautifully. Everyone at our table loved what they ordered. We'll definitely be back on our next visit. Luckily they weren't packed the Thursday night we visited which was good as we were there for about three hours. We were dining with some friends who are great company and the waiters were good about sensing breaks in conversation to take our orders - we definitely were not rushed and I couldn't believe how fast the hours flew by.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I were excited to try this restaurant since the reviews are great. The service was excellent and the ambiance is impressive, but the food was a big let down.

We started out with the Guakamole De La Kasa and two cocktails. The guac was a big portion! It was more than enough for two people and would probably be better for a group of three or more. Neither of us liked the taste of it. There was just too much going on, flavor-wise. I don't remember the exact cocktails we ordered but they were good, although a little on the weak side.

I ordered the Pollo Rivera which sounded promising and delicious. The sauce was just not good. It tasted kind of like bbq sauce. My boyfriend had the Krispy Chile which he did not really like either.

Our $40 could have been put to better use elsewhere.

1  Thank Briana C
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Recently was in Cozumel for a five day trip. Was pleasantly surprised to come across Kinta and it's sister restaurant Kondesa. Loved the food and service so much that my friends and I ate at Kinta twice and Kondesa once.

Both Kinta and Kondesa could be found in any upscale area in any American city. Kinta has modern cusine with Mexican ingredients  with Kondesa having more traditional Mexican favorites.

Both have great atmospheres with Kinta being more intimate and Kondesa being more of an outdoor dining experience.

Service was great at both locations. The staff was always right there to meet our needs.

I highly recommend both restaurants.