“Excellent Meal and Service”
Review of Kondesa Restaurant

Kondesa Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 379 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Cozumel, Mexico
“Excellent Meal and Service”
Reviewed March 13, 2011

We have had many meals at Kinta. When we heard Kris and Jason were opening up a new place, we couldn't wait to try it. Last week, we finally did. The service food and decor was excellent. If you are a fan of Kinta, you will love Kondesa.

The food presentation was excellent, the portions large and the atmosphere terrific. We will be back.

Sometimes the place might get crowded, so I would recommend reservations.

Visited March 2011

• Hebrew first
Denver, Colorado
“Eat at Kondesa, your body and soul will thank you!”
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Every last detail of Kondesa has been thought through to perfection. Walking through Cozumel’s square of “come to my store, free shot, let me show you something, two for one beers, Mexican boyfriend” can make you a little anxious, until you turn onto 5th and spot Kondesa. You are greeted by soft, warm lights and a calm, respectful staff. You are seated in a luxurious garden patio. The drinks are refreshing and flavorful, made with real fruit, no sugary, fake, headache making mixes. The food is everything you can hope for in a meal and more. It is picture perfect, it is fresh, it is real, it is delicious. Kondesa is what vacation is all about. While at Kondesa you enjoy yourself, you spoil yourself, you relax, you get pampered, and you leave feeling happy, reenergized, and already planning when you will return. If you live in Cozumel, I highly recommend a weekly vacation to Kondesa. If you are visiting, do not miss the Kondesa experience.

Colorado
“Do Not Miss This Place”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I visited Cozumel in late February, and was fortunate to get the chance to try this place. Hosted by one of the owners, my friends and I were treated to possibly the best food I've had in Mexico. We started with drinks, which were all unique and flavorful. I'm not a pina colada guy, but I ordered one and was amazed at how good it was. We had appetizers including the shrimp nachos and a trio a trio of guacamoles. Ridiculous. The guacamole tased like it was made seconds before being put on the table, and each of the three was accented with a different finish - all unique; all delicious. I then had a fish dish with a light creamy cilantro sauce. It was served with a medley of vegetables with chips over rice, an interesting take on chilaquiles. For desert, we had the chocolate cake, the flan, and the churos. At this point in the meal I expected a lot, and all three deserts delivered. The cake, and especially the flan really stood out.

Like the food, the atmosphere of the place is also unique, not only for Mexico, but anywhere. The main portion of the dining area is outside, in a garden like area with plants all around. Some covered seating and a bar are on one side, with the kitchen across from it on the other side. The place is a bit of an oasis, with a mix of colored surfaces which at night are illuminated to create a very relaxing atmosphere. The service was also good. The severs all seemed to be close to fluent in English, and understood the menu well. Everyone we dealt with was very pleasant and paid attention to detail.

I would say this place is a must for anyone visiting Cozumel who wants a dining experience to remember. The chef clearly knows food and ingredients. This kind of knwledge can be hard thing to find in this area. As I said, each dish was unique and memorable, clearly prepared by an experienced and thoughtful kitchen. Kondesa has managed to combine outstanding food with an awesome space and great service. The result is a dining experience you wown't forget.

Colorado
“Paradise gets even better”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

First off, this is my second trip in two years to the Riviera Maya. A little bit smarter this year related to where to stay, eat, visit, etc. With that said, there was still a few places that completely and thoroughly left me disappointed (reviews to come). Kondesa was one of my two gem discoveries this year.

The atmosphere is incredible. After spending the day walking long distances and snorkeling for hours, it felt incredible to sit down under a gigantic tree and stare at the stars while deliberating what I'd order for dinner. Coupled with the music mix playing softly in the open air, I was thoroughly relaxed.

Now for the food. Jason, the owner, was very helpful in guiding us through the options and describing what we might enjoy based on our likes. We sampled the shrimp nachos and tamale. Incredible. The nachos were HUGE. More than I expected. I don't want to leave out "In Guak We Trust". I love guacamole and this didn't disappoint.

For my entree, I went with the shrimp enchiladas. Again, a win....but not nearly as good as the Chile Relleno that my friend ordered. I didn't order this because I thought it wouldn't be enough food. I was gigantic and tasted amazing. I'm getting hungry writing this. This is a "must order".

As for the drinks, they were awesome. I'm not a tequila drinker (overindulgence too often when younger) but their Sangria is made with tequila instead of vodka and it was delicious. Our table shared a pitcher but I quietly and quickly put most of it away myself.

The wait staff was good but you can tell that they're still working to come together as the restaurant is still fairly new.

The management is very engaging, which is awesome. Jason and his brother, Kris, both seem to be very hands-on and omnipresent. We ate at Kris' restaurant, Kinta, last year and it was definitely my favorite meal stop at that time. Kondesa is hot on Kinta's heels.
Make sure you stop by Kondesa. The experience of Cozumel won't be the same if you don't.

Denver, Colorado
“Kondesa - No doubt a must visit in Cozumel, go hungry!”
Reviewed March 4, 2011

My friends and I had the pleasure of being hosted by Jason at Kondesa - introducing us to an unbelievable dining experience. Last year we dined at Kinta and we thought it couldn't get any better...Kondesa knocked it out of the water. The nachos were phenomenal, the guac trio was insane, the chicken enchiladas were too good to be true and then, to top it off, the chocolate cake with bananas...AMAZING! The restaurant is as beautifully designed as the creation in the menu items. Gorgeous spot. If you are planning a trip, are on the island now or you are planning a trip to Cozumel...Kondesa has to be included in your plans. Jason will take care of you like no other. Thanks Jason!!