“Fantastic tour de food in Cozumel”

Cozumel Chef - Food Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$80.00*
and up
Cozumel Food Tour
Ranked #2 of 11 Food & Drink in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Cozumel Chef is a culinary experience in Cozumel, Mexico offering a variety of services. The chef offers Cozumel Food Tours, cooking classes and more! The chef, Emily, is a classically trained Chef. She has apprenticed at a number of French and New American restaurants in the United States. Now on Cozumel Island, Emily is pursuing a passion for food and life. She is bringing a new spin to Mexican flavor and "home away from home" dining as well as connecting foodies with the gastronomy of Cozumel.
Smyrna, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour de food in Cozumel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you happen to like food and you also happen to like tours with laid-back, personable and knowledgeable tour guides, then this will be great time for you! A couple of friends and I went on a tour with Emily a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The tour was fantastic. Emily is laid back, personable and very knowledgeable about great places to find food in non-touristy areas of Cozumel. She took us to various places off the beaten path as well as to this great market where we were able to see some of the available veggies, meats, fish, etc. It was a great afternoon and you should DEFINITELY do this tour if you visit Cozumel.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Carrie R

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great way to eat off of the beaten path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Thanks, Emily, for a wonderful afternoon! I took the tour the first week in March - I usually avoid "educational" experiences while on vacation, but I'm glad I took the chance with this one. The tour included lots of delicious food, in addition to the valuable info, so I was not tortured by the "educational" part.

My favorite - the Mayan pork at the tour's first stop (I even bought sour oranges the other day at my home farmers' market, so I am now on the hunt for a recipe to recreate it in my own kitchen - in a crock pot, not a pit :) Maybe I'll even try to make pickled onions. I've never tried them before, but I'm glad I had Emily there to explain what they were. what they were? tasty, that's what they were.

I've driven by that local market in Cozumel many times, but never stopped in. Now I know where to go for fresh fish and veggies on my next trip to the island. And, I will be sure to do another event with Emily.

Our only complaint - we should have done it earlier in the week, so we could revisit some of those wonderful restaurants on our own. Next time, we'll know. Thanks, Emily!!

Cheers! Jessica

Visited March 2013
2 Thank GatorJessica
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Gourmet dinner in paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Emily prepared and served a wonderful dinner for my friends and me in February 2013. This was a mini-college reunion on Cozumel so the addition of this gala helped to make it even more special.

The food was wonderful; soup, fish, dessert so unique and presented so beautifully.

Next year - the tour.

1 Thank Suz1227
Columbus, Ohio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“We learned about Mexican cuisine with the Cozumel Chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Last year I took my 88 year old mom on Emily Egge's tour of authentic Mexican restaurants in Cozumel. We both love the tour and enjoyed Emily's knowledge of the local dishes. This year I returned to Cozumel and booked Emily to take my 8-member culinary tour group on the same tour. As an added benefit, we also had Emily come to our hotel for our farewell dinner. She gave us a cooking lesson on the pool deck! We learned a lot of tips and got to enjoy the products of the class for our final dinner. If you think Cozumel only has Senior Frog's, please check in with Emily!

2 Thank Sheila C
Santa Maria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Working with Emily was truely and amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I contacted Emily previous to arriving in Cozumel, my wife and I were on our honey moon. I have to say it was truely a pleasure to work with her. The groceries she delivered were awesome, it was very nice to arrive after an over night flight and to have local food and fresh fruit juice to graze on.
Our first night Emily came and prepared an amazing meal including modelo braised ribs and a chocolate mousse that my wife tried to save for later (I couldn't resist and ate it later that night!) Emily also helped us get in touch with the dive company we were diving with, saved us from showing up at the wrong time!
During our dinner Emily told us about some really good places to eat, and things to do. Everything she suggested was awesome! We did a cooking class with her later in the week and really enjoyed it, I think I may have tried to eat my plate after I'd finished the food we'd made! I can't impress how good the food was. Both meals were easily our favorite meals of our trip. The cooking class was great, my wife and I managed to recreate the desert Emily showed us how to make! When we come back to Cozumel we'll DEFINITLEY be eating/cooking some more with Emily!

1 Thank Mike_R_86D