“We learned about Mexican cuisine with the Cozumel Chef”

Cozumel Chef - Food Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$80.00*
and up
Cozumel Food Tour
Ranked #2 of 9 Food & Drink in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Cozumel Chef is a culinary experience in Cozumel, Mexico offering a variety of services. The chef offers Cozumel Food Tours, cooking classes and more! The chef, Emily, is a classically trained Chef. She has apprenticed at a number of French and New American restaurants in the United States. Now on Cozumel Island, Emily is pursuing a passion for food and life. She is bringing a new spin to Mexican flavor and "home away from home" dining as well as connecting foodies with the gastronomy of Cozumel.
Columbus, Ohio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“We learned about Mexican cuisine with the Cozumel Chef”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Last year I took my 88 year old mom on Emily Egge's tour of authentic Mexican restaurants in Cozumel. We both love the tour and enjoyed Emily's knowledge of the local dishes. This year I returned to Cozumel and booked Emily to take my 8-member culinary tour group on the same tour. As an added benefit, we also had Emily come to our hotel for our farewell dinner. She gave us a cooking lesson on the pool deck! We learned a lot of tips and got to enjoy the products of the class for our final dinner. If you think Cozumel only has Senior Frog's, please check in with Emily!

2 Thank Sheila C

Santa Maria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Working with Emily was truely and amazing experience”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I contacted Emily previous to arriving in Cozumel, my wife and I were on our honey moon. I have to say it was truely a pleasure to work with her. The groceries she delivered were awesome, it was very nice to arrive after an over night flight and to have local food and fresh fruit juice to graze on.
Our first night Emily came and prepared an amazing meal including modelo braised ribs and a chocolate mousse that my wife tried to save for later (I couldn't resist and ate it later that night!) Emily also helped us get in touch with the dive company we were diving with, saved us from showing up at the wrong time!
During our dinner Emily told us about some really good places to eat, and things to do. Everything she suggested was awesome! We did a cooking class with her later in the week and really enjoyed it, I think I may have tried to eat my plate after I'd finished the food we'd made! I can't impress how good the food was. Both meals were easily our favorite meals of our trip. The cooking class was great, my wife and I managed to recreate the desert Emily showed us how to make! When we come back to Cozumel we'll DEFINITLEY be eating/cooking some more with Emily!

1 Thank Mike_R_86D
Lecanto, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beyond incredible!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had the pleasure of doing this tour march second with my girlfriend. The tour was unbelievable. Emily is an amazing person and host. It was awesome to see the authentic side of Cozumel. Everywhere we went to the food was delicious and Emily did an amazing job informing us about the culture and foods. Seeing the market and fresh foods was great. We will be doing this tour next time we are in Mexico and I recommend everyone to take this tour!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Mitch R
New York City, New York
“Simply fabulous”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

What else can be said that hasn't been? Emily is a wonderful host with radiant passion for food and Cozumel's culture. On the food tour, she is very interactive and invites her guests to be exploratory and learn more about what they're eating. The tour was timed perfectly - there plenty of stops to try different types of local dishes but it is not overwhelming. We were so happy to escape the tourist traps and experience the hidden gems of the island. Unfortunately I don't think I can bring myself to eat any empanadas in the States anymore! Delicious. Get in touch with Emily if you want a hospitable, unique experience while you are in Cozumel.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a treat!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I are always looking for ways to go beyond the commercial tourist traps and "chain" restaurants when we go on vacation. We had one of our friends recommend that we go on a food tour with the "Cozumel Chef". What a treat it was. Emily took us to five different local places. All of which were amazing. The local food puts any "chain" establishment to shame. The people were very freindly and welcoming. Emily helped us feel extremely comfortable in an unfamiliar surrounding and made our trip to Cozumel even more special. We highly recommend making this a must when in Cozumel.

Visited March 2013