“Very good restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Had dinner there and it was very good. Very good service and we thought the prices were very reasonable. It was very quiet the night we went and we were the only table there but it did not bother us. We will go there again when we go back to Cozumel. I had the lime soup ( very good) and the grilled garlic shrimp ( very good also). The boyfriend had the lobster bisque ( a bit too salty but good) and the lobster tacos ( very good). We had chocolate cake and coconut ice cream for desert which was also very good. We finished our meal with with Mexican coffee and those were great. We would recommend this place to our friends.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had dinner at the La Lobsteria based on many reviews on TripAdvisor. Our first impression upon arriving wasn't great as its rather... well... un-assuming. That's par for the course with restaurants in Cozumel, which isn't a bad thing it just is what it is. I guess I was expecting a place that served lobster to be... well... nice. Anyway, we went in and actually had a great meal. The service was attentive, the beer was cold, it was clean and the food was good. A little expensive (in my opinion) for Mexico, with non-lobster entree's costing between $13 -$30 USD. Lobster's ranged from $30 -$100. Not sure why people rave about this place like it's a 5 star restaurant. It's good but based on other reviews I've read you'd think you were going to Cozumel's version of a McCormick & Schmicks Seafood House.

If you have a taste for seafood you'll do just fine. I guess I'm just trying to manage expectations.

The night we went it was also very slow, in fact there was only us and one other table. I don't think this is reflective of the food they offer, its just not a place locals will go and the cruise ships leave the island by 5:00 or 6:00 leaving a small pool of diners left. Bottom line - it's good for what it is, which is a slightly off the beaten path lobster/seafood joint catering to no-locals with OK atmosphere offering mid-priced average to above average food.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were there February 16th, 2013 and I am just now getting to the review. Its off the beaten path which is what we were looking for. The main places are Americanized and bad for Gringo Grub. The Salsa and Lime Soup were INSANELY AMAZING!! The Lobster Bisque was the only thing I did not like but my GF said she liked it. The shrimp civiche was some of the best I have had and only have eaten at a place like this in Mazatlan, MX years ago. Its dumpy w/ no A/C and the bathroom was okay for second world. No soap at 1st but the guy brought it out later w/o me asking. I had baby wipes and I did not get sick (just FYI) but the food was it. I ate way to much and spent to much but it was one of those places that were so good I was afraid i'd miss something.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place is excellent! We had made reservations to be sure that it was open (please note as we discovered, and as most things are in town La Lobsteria is closed on Sundays). We arrived a bit earlier than our anticipated time, and were greeted by name by Omar who showed us to our table on the patio, it is open air with a tree covering most of it and just a perfect atmosphere. It was up on a riser and felt so special. Drinks were great, and we both started with the Lobster Bisque, huge chunks of lobster the very best. We also had chips with his salsa and guacamole, which was amazing. Next we moved onto the main course I had lobster my boyfriend had crab, I had originally ordered mine steamed but changed it to grilled after Omar's suggestion. I am so glad I did! It was AMAZING both the lobster and crab was so fresh we did not even need the garlic and butter that he brought out to the table for us. After finishing our main course and it being our last night is Cozumel we sprung for dessert, Coconut ice cream was to die for and my boyfriend said his vanilla was very good too. And Omar offered us an after dinner drink on the house as well. What suprised us the most of all was the bill. For two of us we felt that it was VERY reasonable, for the food we had FRESH lobster and Crab. We actually felt like we were stealing the food as we walked out. Needless to say we will be back again, and will be graciously thanking our friends who recommended it.

2  Thank Jamie H
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

A slow night. We ate outside.
Good service.
Good drinks.
Seafood platter for 2.
Lobster a little overdone.
Fish filet and calamari was excellent.
Coconut ice cream was superb.