“Great food went Twice near El Cid Resort and Cruise terminal”

Paprika Mexican & Caribbean Cuisine
Ranked #107 of 374 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come experience the most delicious fusion of flavors from our Mexican & Caribbean spicy kitchen at Paprika as you enjoy a view like no other of the world famous Caribbean Sea of Cozumel...
Plano, Texas
“Great food went Twice near El Cid Resort and Cruise terminal”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We are at El Cid (nice) South of city next to cruise terminal. We like to explore and walked about a quarter mile towards town and found Paprika nearby. Did not stop; next day checked TA reviews and went for a late lunch. Fresh whole Nambia Snapper a special, fried then cross checked cut so could get fork fulls of fish easy, without doing Biology 101 dissecting. Great flavor came with crisp fries, salad. Washed it down with Dos Equis Chillada. My wife is not a fish eater enjoyed chicken. Friendly service. Returned again at sunset, across street to their Tiki bar, food from Paprika. Had their Seafood sopa with fish, shrimp, crab and octopus, good a little challenging to eat without using lots of napkins and a shell cracker. Wife had mixed beef and chicken Fajitas very good, got a To Go box great next day.

• Visited January 2014

Sugar Land, Texas
“Delicious Mexican Food”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

How did I miss this place?

I've stayed at Casa del Mar hotel several years and never made it into Paprika. It is a small, open, unassuming restaurant across the street from a dive shop. My family and ate there twice in the 4 days we were in Cozumel, and both meals were fantastic.

This is the best Mexican food I've ever eaten in Texas or Mexico! The seasoning is rich and delicious, without being to spicy.

I strongly urge you to try the Mexicana cheese dip appetizer; it is unbelievably tasty. You'll never enjoy queso after eating this dish. Just awesome.

Prices are reasonable; dress is very casual.

I'll be eating here on every trip to Cozumel!

Rob
Sugar Land TX

• Visited January 2014
San Jose, California
“Flavorful Flautas”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I were staying at an all inclusive hotel for 8 nights while down in Cozumel for December 2014 and had to get away from the hotel food a bit. We were told about Paprika from a nice family we met on our dive boat. They said this place had the best fish tacos ever and had eaten there three times on their trip. Well, I don't eat fish as I'm allergic, but my boyfriend does so he was super excited to try them.

We went for lunch. They had a fairly large menu selection which shocked me for such a tiny place. They also had parking in the back which for Cozumel is amazing.

Chips and salsa: The chips were hot (hot = fresh) and the salsa was the best I had during the entire trip. It is like Chevy's with the roasted tomato only 10 times better. I ended up dipping my flautas in this as well because I couldn't get enough

Flautas with the green sauce: I couldn't decided between green or red so I asked our waiter which one he like and he said green so that is what I went with. It is a very thin sauce with a great flavor. Perfect complement to the flautas which again, were served hot (hot=fresh!)

We had good service, friendly waiter, and I love the indoor but open to the outside feel. Clean!

Oh, and I didn't get sick (I know this is what you are all wondering)

• Visited December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“excellent and nice staff”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stopped here for an early dinner one day. It is just north of the hotel Casa Del Mar (on the east side of the street). The wife ordered the fish of the day with the mango salsa. I ordered the tixin-xic (fish). The chips with sides they serve everyone was ok. I ordered a mojito. It was my first ever and I would say was really good. Both our meals were really good. I would say it was on the salty side. Even the rice that came with it was. Though I like salty. It was raining cats and dogs when we were there but things were calm under the open air roof of this establishment. Waiters were really nice. Service is a slow paced but fine. Also ordered a few desserts (ice cream and pineapple in run with melted ice cream). Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Visited December 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“6 th visit”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Always make a stop here when in COZUMEL. Thefood is good ; the entertainment is quaint & nice. The gift shop has everything

Visited December 2013