“Unbelievably good food!”

Paprika Mexican & Caribbean Cuisine
Ranked #108 of 386 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come experience the most delicious fusion of flavors from our Mexican & Caribbean spicy kitchen at Paprika as you enjoy a view like no other of the world famous Caribbean Sea of Cozumel...
Reviewed April 10, 2013

What a find! My wife and I have eaten a lot of places in the US that are fantastic restaurants and I would put this up against almost anyone. Top 5 experience. Starting with the quesadilla with sausage and another great ham appetizer with a black bean puree - heavenly! So good that we were seriously considering ordering another round of appetizers...after desert! Main course was fresh clams with a cream pasta, smoked bacon and tomatoes. Just when I thought the appetizers couldn't be beat, this did it. Excellent coconut shrimp as well. Finished with 2 incredible deserts of a coconut fried banana and rum soaked pineapple with a caramel sauce. Mix the banana and the caramel sauce and the coconut ice cream and you have a major winner.

Great service by both the waitress and the bartender. Both very attentive. Excellent chef who is professionally trained, and it shows through from beginning to end. My only disappointment is I don't know when I will be able to eat there again.

Very reasonable prices considering you are right at the cruise ship port where all that cantina's price like they are a bar in New York City.

There are newer reviews for Paprika Mexican & Caribbean Cuisine

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This was a great surprise and one of the best restsaurants we went to on the island. There was a duet playing sax and guitar which made for a fantastic atmosphere. The tortilla soup was very tasty. We both had the fish of the day with mango and avacado chutney. Very happy taste buds. It was also nice that the place was filled with ex-pats who were happy to talk about when and why they moved to the island. Don't let this small gem go unnoticed. It may be the best place you go.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My fiancé and I found Paprika the first time we came to Cozumel in 2011, and it keeps us coming back every time we're on the island. It's got a beautiful view and a casual, airy dining room layout that opens up onto the street and the ocean just beyond. The chef was professionally trained on the mainland and her skill is apparent; the food is delicious! The menu is very diverse; we haven't found any other restaurant on the island that serves food quite like them. I love traditional Mexican cuisine, and Paprika nails that, but they also offer some very refreshing alternatives to balance out all those delicious salty dishes, like smoothies, french toast, and fresh fruit with yogurt. It's family owned and the staff is fantastic; Iram and Michelle are the coolest and everyone we've met there is so friendly. We can't wait to get back from some post-dive huevos motulenos. I would highly recommend checking this spot out!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I asked a jewelry store across the street for the port where we could find good Mexican food and they said about 3 blocks down on the right we'd see it. We found Paprika and ordered Flautas and the Mexican something. Prices weren't bad considering it was so close to the tourist area.
The Flautas were good, the Mexican dish was amazing! The plank steak had excellent flavor. My margarita was just right. I'd go back to eat there

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Moderately priced, wonderful food, small family restaurant 3 blocks from international pier on the main drag in Cozumel. We were staying at the casa del mar one block away, and this was recommended by hotel front desk. We liked it so much, we had several breakfast and lunches there. Don't miss French toast and fresh fruit plate for breakfast, shrimp ceviche for lunch, cheese quesadillas (make your ow they bring warm tortillas and a molten pot of melted cheese, with or without chorizo don't miss this place! Breakfast about $10'lunch$15, including tax,and tip. Free wifi!