Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Greatest experience

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 5 days ago
Navigate287528

All reviews mayan village jeep tour cruise ship tequila tour coco loco fresh fruit tacos beautiful beach booked this tour tortillas personal service great guide bottled water fish great excursion punta sur marcos
Reviewed 3 days ago

Marcos you rock! Where else can someone experience the true feel of Cozumel? You were prompt, polite, and professional. This tour is highly recommended to anyone who wants to see the real Cozumel and not the tourist traps. We booked this tour online before we cruised to Cozumel. Simple and easy to book and guaranteed to exceed your expectations. Imagine walking through the LOCAL sections of town and enjoying pastry, coffee, taco,and homemade ice cream shops, all run and owned by the local residents. Then add on a trip to a family owned chocolate plant and out of this world tequila tour. My wife and were so pleased to get that down to Earth feeling of Cozumel that most people on a cruise will never get to understand and enjoy. The people of Cozumel are so nice and helpful (experienced first hand while touring with Marcos). Don't sell yourself short on this opportunity!

Reviewed 5 days ago

I had a great time. Marcus, the tourist guide were very knowledgeable about all the history of Cozumel. He was very nice, respectful , polite, sympathetic and make our experience unique and unforgettable. Everybody that we spoke with were really nice and made us feel welcome, beautiful place and great drinks!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
MarcosArcee, Manager at Best Buy Tours Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Hola Amigos and Thank you for your Kind Words!

People like you, is what make us do Better every Day :)

----MGR-----

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Private tour of Island: Marcos is the owner and we had the luxury of personally riding with him. Actually I drove his Jeep around the Island. We went to Mian Experience which was great! Local Mojito Hut on sea where drinks are made from scratch with fresh fruit in front of you and sit ocean side for as long as you want it is your day...stopped at Chocolate Shop toured the town the homes got the vibe of the island took 5 hours(9am-2) cost $45 a person. EXCELENT! Great experience Marcos was very nice host... Afterwords, we toured the “MEGA” store around the port where you can buy everything local including Cuban Rum that is banned from trade in USA.

MarcosArcee, Manager at Best Buy Tours Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so Much Amigos!

We Totally Appreciated your Kind Review, Business, Fun Attitude and Honesty.

Hope to see you on your Next Visit

-----MGR-----

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Would not recommend using this group!
After meeting Marco for our tour, he was not willing to settle up payment prior to setting off, stating “he would take care of it later”. After boarding the bus he began telling us we each had to pay $15.00 extra for “taxes”. (The price was settled over the phone by our cruise coordinator and Marco days prior to setting sail on our cruise) No one on any other excursion charged us taxes for our tour. This led to a semi-heated discussion between our cruise coordinator and Marco at the beach....in the middle of nowhere with no means of help or transportation around if he drove off and left. To make a long story short we were all uneasy and frustrated and were willing to settle for shopping at port with a return of our money. We settled on meeting him half way and paying another $6.00 each. Save yourself the hassle and use another liaison.

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Mark kept changing the price of the excursion, and asking us to pay more. The original price was set, and then he asked to pay more on PayPal. Once we got to Cozumel, he tried to change the price three more times. Any time we stopped somewhere we worried that when we got back he would have driven off with all our stuff, so we wound up taking anything we absolutely needed, or found valuable with us on the stops. Extra bulk for visiting the beach, or riding ATVs isn't fun. This was the only stop on the cruise where I felt this way. I felt he was very dishonest.

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Marcos picked us up after walking a mile to find him..immediately as we pulled off he started telling us we had not paid the correct amount and owed more money..he continued to tell us about taxes and fee we owed..amount had been discussed and agreed on prior to our booking..we asked him to pull over and discuss with person who booked our tour..she was in jeep behind us..Marco's took us to beach with no chairs or facilities..after discussion Marcos took us to ATV tour..after the ride he again changed the price and needed more money..I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY OR MARCOS FOR ANY TOUR IN COZUMEL..

Reviewed October 9, 2018

After we had all planned what money we needed to bring the guide kept trying to tell us that he never included taxes and that he wanted us to pay the fee of using paypal to get deposits to him. Every merchant knows that there is a fee associated with taking credit cards and they do not pass that on to the client. The same should be true of paypal. The overall experience was quite unpleasant. I hope that they will see the wisdom in ensuring that all of their taxes and fees are included in one up front price instead of trying to include them in a surprise during the event.

MarcosArcee, Manager at Best Buy Tours Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Again,

Here We have another False Review from Lying Christina's Group (Review # 3)

If Someone out there knows for a Fact that every Merchant is responsible for the PayPal Commissions...Please let me know. By the way, all taxes and Fees...Including your balance Due, were included on the Receipt send to you a few Day before you arrival...NOTHING MADE UP AT THE LAST MINUTE.
And Yesss, We have been in Business for Teen Years and not Even once, We have received any complain about our Pay System...NOT ONCE! and you can go by the Fact that We have an Amazing Record of Service:

Excellency Award for 6 Years in a Row 2013,14,15,16, 2017th...and Awarded with the 2018 HALL OF FAME!

Your False Complain is all due to the poor Leadership from your Commissioner and Greedy Christina, I even show you and all your Group the Mails Send to you and Christina the day of your Excursion. But, She decided to trow all the blame on us just because She did not wanted to loose any Money...That is a Low Move, but it worked...She made her Full Commission and you just follow like a Lamb.

I really Think that this Person does not know much about The New on line Purchasing or how the New Era of Service Works. In Fact, you can see that this is only the second Review written by this Person.

If any of you like to read All of the True Facts about this Plot...Please .Go to our Reply on the Review WRONGFUL Title "Very Unprofessional"

The Good News are that People can Read About Our Honest, Amazing Record and can really see that this is Just a Plot by Middle, Commissioner Christina.
In fact, if you can Find a Bad Review REMOTELY close to this one or any of the ones send by Christina's Group.... Then you can Get a FREE Excursion....Yesss, Totally FREE! (expires Nov. 30th. 2018)

We have nothing to hide or to Feel Guilty about. There fore, If any of you reading this reviews have the most DIMINUTIVE DOUBT about us or our Perfect Reputation...We have all of the Original E-mails from day one, till the very last one available (including the receipts with Dates and Totals) to prove that this People are Lying ( E-mails available on Request)

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Buyer beware of this tour guide--Marcos [--]. We were on a cruise. Right after they picked us up and we were on our way (20 of us) he hit us with surprises. Extra charges that were not mentioned in the many conversation over the months before. And not talking a few dollars either. We felt like we were being held hostage. After a lot of negotiations we still did not get back to his original offer but somewhere in between. The excursions we went on were great. We went on ATV's and to the Zoo. The bad part is what we had to go through to get there. The people at the ATV place went out of their way to show us a good time. I highly recommend them, just find a different tour company to get you there. Brad

Hello Again,

Here We have the First False Review from Lying Christina's Group (2)

I must say that I Fell sorry for People like this one, taking the Time to Lie for a Group Commissioner that was terrible Organizer, greedy and vicious!...That is the Reason why this Reviews are about Money and not About Service. But, the truth is that this Men Brad writing this False Review Received a Full Receipt from me two Days Before his Arrival stating the Totals....NOTHING MADE UP AT THE LAST MINUTE.
If any of you like to read the True Facts about this Plot...Please .Go to our Reply on the Review WRONGFUL Title "very Unprofessional"

In fact, if you can Find a Bad Review REMOTELY close to this one or any of the ones send by Christina's Group.... Then you can Get a FREE Excursion....Yesss, Totally FREE! (expires Nov. 15. 2018)

------------------------------Our Amazing Record given by TripAdvisor Can Really Speak for us:-----------------------------------------------------------

Excellency Award for 6 Years in a Row 2013,14,15,16, 2017th...and this Year We were Awarded with the 2018 HALL OF FAME!

We have nothing to hide or to Feel Guilty about. There fore, If any of you reading this reviews have the most DIMINUTIVE DOUBT about us or our Perfect Reputation...We have all of the Original E-mails from day one, till the very last one available (including the receipts with Dates and Totals) to prove that this People are Lying ( E-mails available on Request.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I booked Marcos for an island tour and ATV ride. Marcos quoted a price for the group, and I agreed. Before we arrived, he tried to change the price. I refused, and he said okay. Once we arrived, however, Marcos, informed us of a $15 per person “tax”. He also charged my group an extra PayPal service fee for their deposit money. It felt like he was asking for more money constantly. My group didn’t enjoy being hasseled for more money. It was very disappointing and also very unprofessional. I plan many excursions and trips for my travel group. Marcos was by far the most unprofessional tour company that I have dealt with. With that said, Marcos did take us to a great ATV tour and provided lunch with a beautiful view of the beach. Had he not tacked on so many fees and “taxes”, it would’ve been a very fun time. Also, he forgot to tell us to bring closed toe shoes for the ATVs, which forced several of us to buy shoes at the place. Would’ve been nice to have known!

MarcosArcee, Manager at Best Buy Tours Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

As a Respect for our Real and Honest Clients...We do not Accept any, or Part of this False, Offensive and Full of Lies Review.

First of All, there is no surprise about this False Review as she warn me that she was going to do anything to burn us and that she was going to turn all her clients against our Legit, Honest Business.

Unfortunately, anyone can write a bad review, and the only way to make it believable is by Lies and Exaggeration, Kind of like telling a Joke, otherwise People will not Laugh.

I do not mean to bore you with this long Reply. But, Here is the Real Honest True Facts about this unfortunate Review TRYING to Degrade our Perfect, Amazing Record given by TripAdvisor: Excellency Award for 6 Years in a Row 2013,14,15,16 and 2017th...and this Year We were Awarded with the 2018 HALL OF FAME!

Since I'm sure there will be more False reviews from this Group...We will call this Reply.... LIES OF CHRISTINA (1)

Cristina Identified her Self as the Leader of this Group, when in Reality She was a Commission Middle Agent and that is the reason why this Review is all about the Payment Process and Not about our Service.

Her Plan was to came up with a combination Tour for a 20 people. She was debating from ...Tulum Express, Horse Riding Tour, Cozumel Island and the ATV's Tour. We when on and on for like 3 Months and Finally and Only like a Week before their arrival, is when she decided on the Island Tours and ATV's.
Here is when she bargain her self down to the Lowest price possible, which We accepted.... Including a Free Courtesy for Her with the Only Condition of a 20 paid Customers to respect the Deal... ( This and all of the above Information was send on Writing)

She Accepted and then I proceed telling her about making a Reservation with a Small Deposit ( As We have done with all clients for the past 10 years) She refuse to send a Deposit with the Argument: ( I WILL NOT PUT A DEPOSIT DOWN BECAUSE IT WILL BE REALLY HARD COLLECTING BACK FROM MY CLIENTS)

Days went by and there was no deposit or any response, Finally and only few days before their Arrival, She wrote saying that I should send Individual Invoices to all the Clients, This is not our usual procedure. But, I agreed to do so for the 20 paying Clients. But, it turns out that she Only had 19 Paying Clients and she was counting her self as part of the Paying Clients. Plus, she demanded a second courtesy for her Husband...That is when I realize I was Dealing with a Real Abusive Person!.

First, She does not want to do a Deposit. Second, She does not comply with the condition of 20 Paying Clients and then, She still demands another Free Courtesy!...That was not the Agreement.

Below is the Original Mail I send to her about the way the Deposit was going to be Done after her refusal to do a one single Deposit.
Please note that at the end of the Original Message Clearly states that the PayPal Fee was going to be responsibility of each Client

Hola Christina,

I totally understand How you Feel. Now you know why We do required the Deposit. For Example: We agreed on 20 paying clients and now We only have 18!

Instead of me sending 18 Invoices, just ask every one of your clients to do a $50usd (NOT PESOS) deposit in to my PayPal Account which is the same as my e-mail Address

Once PayPal send us a Notification of Payment, We will send a Group Receipt with every ones name and Balance due. ----------------------(PayPal transaction fee is responsibility of each client)-----------------------

All Clients send their Deposits in Pesos and the PayPal Fee was Charged to us ...They did totally the Opposite from the Instructions/ E-mail send to Christina.
This is Happening on Tuesday and their Arrival was Thursday! So, I did send the Receipts to each Client on which reflected the sales tax and the PayPal Fee charge Back to each Client. There was no Surprises or was I trying to make up Charges at the last minute. Each one of the Clients had their Receipt stating clearly their Deposit and Balance Due Before their arrival.

After all, We are looking at a Complain regarding Money and it is only Obvious that the Meddle, Commissioner Christina had a Poor Planing and NO Communication with her group and when it came time to the complain from this People, She simply put the Blame on us! This way she will not loose Money or get a possible complain from Her own Group ( That is Low and can only be done by a really Sad Person )

The Good News are that People can Read the rest of our Honest, Amazing Record and can really see that this is Just a Plot by Middle, Commissioner Christina.

We have nothing to hide or to Feel Guilty about. There fore, If any of you reading this reviews have the most DIMINUTIVE DOUBT about us or our Perfect Reputation...We have all of the Original E-mails from day one, till the very last one available (including the receipts with Dates and Totals) to prove that this People are Lying and all of this is just a Plot set up by Lying Cristina. ( E-mails available on Request )

Reviewed September 5, 2018

I emailed Best buy tours and the manager Marcos provided a great deal of information on the options for our tour. We arrived at the meeting place however our guide was stuck in traffic and was a bit late. Another tour operator asked us if they could help and phoned our guide for us whom they knew. We were very impressed with how everyone seemed helpful even if there was nothing in it for them. Our guide Marcos ended up parked on a side street and walked to get us. Our tour started about 20 minutes late so not really significant and we were still able to do everything we wanted and get back to the ship in plenty of time. Our group consisted of my husband, our 16 year old granddaughter and me. Due to the taxi union my husband had to drive in town but the jeep was automatic and air conditioned. As we drove our guide explained about some of the history of the area. Our first stop was the trail ride on the beach and through the jungle. Our granddaughter had never been on a horse and it had been quite a few years since I ridden. The horses we were given were very sweet and gentle which was perfect for us. The scenery was beautiful and varied. After the ride we want to The Mayan Experience. It was a cultural center where we were taken through various exhibits which included having our faces painted, making offerings for special blessings, trying and participating in making foods such as honey, chocolate and tortillas. There was also a dancing demonstration. There was an extra charge for the trail ride and Mayan experience but we were also the only people enjoying the activities we did not have to share the experiences with other people.. We then took a drive around the island. We did not want to go snorkeling but instead stopped for refreshments at a little place along the beach. Our granddaughter had mango on a stick and we had pina coladas made with fresh fruit yum. We had lunch at a local club choice of beef, fish or chicken fajitas. Lunch was included with the tour but drinks were not. We toured a bit more and then returned to the cruise ship. We all enjoyed our day and the food.

MarcosArcee, Manager at Best Buy Tours Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Thank you so much for your Review and hope to see you again in the near Future.

-----MGR-----