“Don't waste your money on the shore excursions. Trust me.”
Review of Best Buy Tours

Best Buy Tours
Ranked #4 of 11 Food & Drink in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: BEST BUY TOURS COZUMEL is your top Tour Operator for day trips on the Island of Cozumel and the Riviera Maya at great affordable prices. If you are staying in Cozumel or Traveling on a Cruise Ship, Best Buy Tours will organize your fun aquatic and land activities. Experience, value, fun and safety makes BEST BUY TOURS COZUMEL the best choice for you and your family. Please contact us via our website for any additional detailed information.
Tampa, Florida, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money on the shore excursions. Trust me.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I came in to Cozumel on an anniversary cruise and decided to forego the overpriced shore excursions available through the cruise line. Instead, we went with Best Buy Tours based on the awesome reviews we saw on TripAdvisor. Man, are we glad we did! Marcos was awesome, spoke perfect English, and gave us the most amazing tour of Cozumel by Jeep. Our particular tour ended up being a private tour with just us following behind Marcos. He led us all over the island. We got to see a tequila factory, a Mayan village where we had lunch with Tomasita and her amazing family, Mayan ruins, the most beautiful beach I've ever seen, a beachside tiki bar with Coco-Locos served in chilled coconuts, and even had time to explore the underwater side of Cozumel with our own private snorkeling guide. We only had from 9am until about 4:30pm before we had to be back on the boat, so it was really great to see and experience so many things in the short time we had on the island. Marcos was super friendly and very hospitable. We loved how he seemed to know everyone on the island. This tour was so much fun. Though the whole tour was awesome, I think the most memorable part was the Mayan village. Marcos brings his tours to the village as a way of helping these poor families earn money. He uses some of the profits from his tours to help them out in various ways. For instance, he's going to be replacing the roof on Tomasita's house in the near future. It is so refreshing to see a business owner who realizes that money isn't everything and that serving others is much more important. My wife and I hope to be back to Cozumel soon, and when we arrive, we look forward to seeing Marcos at the port terminal waiting to whisk us off on another awesome adventure. Best Buy is MOST DEFINITELY the best buy in Cozumel. Gracias a nuestro amigo Marcos!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank James F

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best excursion ever! CAN'T WAIT TO COME BACK!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

After we read the reviews from Best Buy tour we decided to book with Marcos instead of with our cruise line. It was the best excursion we could ever have it. Marcos was waiting for us and he was very knowledgeable and caring. We got the highlights excursion. The best part was to have lunch at the Mayan village. Marcos is a great guy, he provides you a great time as you also see him given back to his community.
We definitely recommend best buy as your best option of excursions in Cozumel.
Great Price, great guide! We can't wait to get back to Cozumel :)
Thank you Marcos for such an amazing time!!! Muchas gracias!!!!
Waleska and family

1 Thank waleskabr
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Marcos is the Best Buy in Cozumel”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Read the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to contact Marcos. He responds to your emails, questions right away. He created a personal tour for us according to our time line and our likes. Provided everything for us, snorkel gear, drinks, food. Always made us feel safe, and very welcomed. I would recommend him, book with him again and again. Keep up the good work Marcos!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank TorontoDreamer
Warrenville, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Buy Tours is the only way to go!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I procrastinated and didn't get around to trying to book my excursions until the day before we left. Well... many of them from Carnival had already sold out. So I looked here on Trip Advisor for a private tour guide. Everything you read about Marcos and Best Buy is true! He e-mailed me back right away and got us all set up in less than 24 hours. He was our personal tour guide and we fit so much into one day - horseback riding on the beach, tequila museum, Mayan ruins, beach time, snorkeling and finished up at a restaurant for sunset and 2 for 1 margaritas. He brought us snacks, drinks and included our meal in the tour price. He even brought Gatorade for my husband because my husband wasn't feeling so great. When we return to Cozumel, we will definitely book again with Marcos!

Visited December 2012
Violetita, Manager at Best Buy Tours, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your Ecxellent Comments. We Hope the Best for you and your Family this New Year 2013!
Gracias Amigos,

Marcos Arcee
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Contact Marcos at Best Buy Tours in Cozumel. You will be pleased you did!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I DON'T WRITE REVIEWS! You read the description of a tour and then you hope the tour ends up being something like the description! If your trying, every tour is fun, and when they are over you accept that it was just something to do on vacation.
As I look back I should have realized that Marcos and Best Buy Tours was different from the other tours I had set up for my family. Starting with setting up our deep sea fishing trip through BBT was a pleasure because talking with Marcos (through E-mail), I was actually working with a "real" person, getting real answers to MY questions. This however set up expectations (in my head), I was sure Marcos could only get close to in reality.I saw in my mind: 1) A clean and well equipped boat -GOT IT! 2) An efficient and Knowledgeable Captain- GOT IT! 3) A mate that took care of everything- GOT IT IN SPADES!! 4) Good weather- GOT IT! 5) Fantastic ocean colors- GOT IT! 6)I have been fishing many times at home so hoped for at least one fish-WE CAUGHT 7! 8) Marcos collecting the tour money and waving at us from the dock- This is where what I expected and got was different. Marcos personally met us just outside of the port and set up a taxi van for us. He followed us to the dock to meet our boat and to my surprise he jumped aboard with us. This is where above and beyond comes in. He made sure each person in my group (there were 6 of us) was comfortable and refreshed. From here it was like fishing with a family member that knew what it takes to fish in Cozumel. It may have just been another day at work for Marcos but he made us feel like we had a friend in Cozumel.
Thank You Marcos, the next time I set up anything even near Cozumel I will be contacting you!

Visited November 2012