“Love Diving with Diving Adventures in Cozumel!”
Review of Diving Adventures

Diving Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a dive operation in Cozumel Mexico since 1989. Located at the Old Marina Caleta, Km 4.5 Chankanaab road. Providing custom personal services for all levels of divers; groups, families with kids and individuals. We visit all the reefs at the National Marine Park on our fast, safe & comfortable boats. Offering PADI scuba courses at all levels from beginners to Divemaster, including specialties like NITROX, deep, night, etc. Available snorkeling charters to the shallow reefs and the famous "El Cielo", also deep sea fishing charters on our 35 ft Egg Harbor yacht. Your safety & satisfaction our premise.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Love Diving with Diving Adventures in Cozumel!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We love diving with Diving Adventures in Cozumel. Felipe is great to work with and treats all of his guests/customers with patience and respect. We went diving with them during a Carnival cruise on June 24, 2013. My wife and I are both PADI Instructors and we had our 3 daughters with us as well (16 yo, 15 yo, and 12 yo). The older girls are both Advanced OW certified. I did a DSD with the youngest during our surface interval where we stopped for lunch and a long break. We HIGHLY recommend Diving Adventures in Cozumel!

Visited June 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

DivingAdventures, Owner at Diving Adventures, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Bud thank you for the review, It is always nice to serve your family while diving here in Cozumel, looking forward to see you again in the near future.

My best for you & family.

Till next time.

Houston, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Good Dive”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We dove with Diving Adventures for one day while we were on a cruise. We were able to easily make reservations and communicate, and arrived easily at the pick up point. Our dives were very good and there were only a total of four divers. At one point during the dive, I became concerned that I did not see my husband. The dive master immediately noticed my worry and quickly pointed him out to me. Afterwards, the other tourists recommended a restaurant and bar located off the beach, and the boat driver dropped us off directly at the restaurant, rather than our original pick-up point. Good experience!

Visited March 2013
Hola thank you for choosing our services while in Cozumel and taking the time to write your kind words about our dive operation, hope to have you diving with us again in the near future.

Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Kind and efficient operation”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We dove with Diving Adventures five days. We had not been diving for a year and our first day of diving we scared ourselves by getting carried away in the strong current. We knew we could expect current just not that much or that strong. Felipe could tell we were a little frazzled and he gave us extra TLC the rest of our trip. Not sure if it was part of the extra care but we started diving with another dive master named Ignacio. His English is good enough to communicate but he doesn’t need to talk much I think he may be clairvoyant. He is so observant he knew from the look on my face, when we were going to the next dive site and I was looking at my dive equipment, that the octopus was not set up the way I liked it so he went over and switched the attachment. He was the most attentive dive master we have ever been diving with. Anyone that needs a little extra attention or anyone that just feels like relaxing should request Ignacio. We were fine after that first day but it was nice to be treated with such care. Ignacio was also great at finding and pointing out the beautiful sites and wildlife. This is not a cattle boat it is a personalized small group operation. The maximum group size during our trip was six divers and that day there were two dive masters and a captain. The boat was not crowded. We were picked up on time at our condo each morning. Everyone in the crew was friendly and helpful. Felipe is a fun charismatic character and he keeps the atmosphere fun and lively.

Visited May 2013
DivingAdventures, Propietario at Diving Adventures, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you Beej80237 for your words, it was fun diving with you, I think after all those drift dives you are now really good at it, come back soon for more.
Marshall, Minnesota, United States
“Great experience with Diving Adventures”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had 9 great dives with Pedro. We had two newly certified divers and Pedro was extremely helpful. They picked us up at our pier and were always on time. Pedro was knowledgable about marine life as well as an excellent dive master. I would recommend doing a night dive. Great experience!

Visited March 2013
DivingAdventures, Owner at Diving Adventures, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hola Brian thank you very much for your review, it means a lot for us that you bring your kids to dive their first ocean dives with us.
Looking forward to serve you in the near future.
london
“go diving with another company”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I paid a total of 230 dollars for 4 dives including a refresher course which they said I should do even though I only qualified 4 months prior. The refresher course took 10 mins and wasn't even in the classroom yet they charged 70 dollars. As I was the only person they had that week they only took me to paraiso reef which is very near so don't use much petrol, twice and none of the reefs. When I asked Felipe if we could go to the other reefs he said he could but had to charge me. Don't dive with them they just want your money

Visited February 2013
Dear and valued customer thank you for your post, very unfair I would say, and since this is a public forum where folks come to decide who to buy from here is my side of the story.
You where schedule to take and Advanced course with us after you’re diving in Belize.
You changed your original reservation date a few days before arrival and we were just fine with that.
I picked you personally at your bungalow at 10:00 AM, you chose this schedule and we were fine with that to, we normally start earlier. And we do not make hotel pickups this was a request of your part and I agreed to it.
On the way to the beach to start navigation dive for the AOW you mention that only had a few dives and did not dive Belize as mentioned on your previous e mails, so we agreed to start fresh with a refresher course since you have about a eight logged dives; there we were Pedro a Dive Master for 30 years in Cozumel and me Instructor for 25 years; we went over all the basics of diving in English & Spanish since you wanted to practice the language , and Pedro took you in the water for around a good hour, practice all the skills till you felt comfortable and dove the little reef till you got low on air.
Dzhul ha reef is our training area and has lots to see.
After that you wanted to go off the boat and I arrange it, it was only you and still we took the boat out only for you at regular rate, no problem.
Next day I picked you again at 10:30 AM at your place and drove you to the Marina where once again we took the boat out only for you. Honoring your reservation.
Pedro took you to a wall dive at 60 ft, and the second dive to the part of Paraiso reef you didn’t get to dive since the previous day you had issues with your ears and could not descend to the bottom.
At all times your safety was our premise.
Service was really personal, respectful and courteous at all times. Actually was like a boat charter at the price of one diver.
Prices were as in the web site so there is no surprise at all.
Now money wise you send $ 50.00 usd to reserve for an AOW course, then changed your plan; then paid $ 100.00 usd first day and second day paid the balance of $ 80.00 usd
Your bill:
Refresher course $ 70.00 usd Privet services.
Boat dive one tank $ 50.00 usd only you and Dive Master
Equipment rental: no charge for you; we normally charge $ 15.00 usd
Computer rental: $ 10.00 usd in which you insisted even it was very shallow dives.
Total $ 130.00 usd
Second day: Again only you on board.
2 tank boat dive $ 75.00 usd regular rate.
Equipment rental $ 15.00 usd
Computer rental $ 10.00 usd
Total $ 100.00 usd

Courtesy rides 2 days from your hotel to the beach and marina. (Taxi coast at least $ 10.00 usd
each way so you saved $ 40.00 usd at least)
Day one plus day two $ 130 + $ 100 = $ 230.00 usd
We run a business since 1989 and we love what we do but diving is not cheap especially if you are diving solo.
This was the business part of it; but on top of that our Dive master took you around the Island no charge since you made good friends with him, and that dear customer is not for money is because we enjoy making new friends and shareing our Island with them.

Have safe and happy diving.