“Porfirio is the BEST!”
Review of Diving Adventures

Diving Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a dive operation in Cozumel Mexico since 1989. Located at the Old Marina Caleta, Km 4.5 Chankanaab road. Providing custom personal services for all levels of divers; groups, families with kids and individuals. We visit all the reefs at the National Marine Park on our fast, safe & comfortable boats. Offering PADI scuba courses at all levels from beginners to Divemaster, including specialties like NITROX, deep, night, etc. Available snorkeling charters to the shallow reefs and the famous "El Cielo", also deep sea fishing charters on our 35 ft Egg Harbor yacht. Your safety & satisfaction our premise.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Portland, OR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Porfirio is the BEST!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband, 17 year old daughter, 15 year old son, and I used Diving Adventures. It was a little off the main drag, but the price was decent and we got Porfirio as an instructor. He was fabulous! My daughter had a really hard time with her ears and he was so patient with her. The other three of us went on to get our open dive certification and he was instructive, helpful, never harsh, but always to the point about the importance of what we were learning. I would recommend Diving Adventures for sure and if you use them, ask for Porfirio!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank charina91
DivingAdventures, Owner at Diving Adventures, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your review will be great to see you next time.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great dive week with Diving Adventures!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just spent 10 days on Cozumel and connected for all our dives with Diving Adventures. This was the third time we have used Felipe and his team and we have always been treated extremely well. If you are going to Cozumel for the first time or doing a repeat visit, you need to know that the trick to Cozumel is smaller, faster boats. They get you to the best sites quicker with 4 - 8 divers on the boat instead of 20 - 30 divers on the "cattle cars". Boats filled with divers of all levels from a resort course to advanced (yikes!...45 minutes to get everyone into the water - 45 to get them out FOR EACH DIVE!). When we go to a dive destination we want to go to the best sites to experience the best dives. This can't happen on the cattle cars. Felipe's first question every day of our trip was..."where would you like to dive today"? Of course weather and current dictates where the sites of the day are but Felipe and his team will make sure you get the best experience while you are there and with his fast boats, will get you back to your hotel in time for happy hour. Felipe and his Diving Adventures team are not only extremely knowledgeable about the reef system but are great ambassadors for Cozumel and are environmentally conscious of the reef and marine life. This might seem like an infomercial but I've been diving on Cozumel for 20+ years with various operations and Diving Adventures is now my favourite!

Visited January 2013
DivingAdventures, Owner at Diving Adventures, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Greg thank you very much for your words, will have to do better next time to earn such a nice review agian !, it is a pleasure to share with friends and customers what we love to do...diving!

You guys help us move forward when choosing to dive with us, thank´s!

Looking forward to have you back soon diving with us again.

Toronto, Canada
“Avoid the crowds-Dive Adventures is the way to go!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Jenny:
This is the second time we've been diving w/ Felipe and we really can't say enough good things about him. When you watch the cattle car of divers leaving from the same dock, you'll know you've made the right decision! Felipe knows the reefs inside out and we always felt relaxed and extremely safe. Felipe will come and pick you up at your resort and take you to places that won't be over-run with other divers. I did my Advanced certification with him and we both did our Nitrox course with him and I would recommend him highly both for certification and just enjoyable diving. You can tell that Felipe just loves what he does and he loves the reefs around Cozumel. I wouldn't recommend diving with anyone else. We will use him again and again!

Visited January 2013
DivingAdventures, Owner at Diving Adventures, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Jenny thank you very much for your words, I was very nice to have you diving with me again, looking forward to your next visit, have a great 2013!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Filipe at Diving Adventures Cozumel was top notch”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I brought my 11 year old to Cozumel for his first diving trip. He had been certified this summer in the USA. At the recomendation of another Cozumel resident, we went with Filipe at Diving Adventures Cozumel. He picked us up where we were staying, outfitted us with equipment and we went out for our first 2 tank dive.
Filipe took great care of my son and I and as he grew more comfortable with my son, he allowed him to do more on his own.
The instructions to my son on the finer points of diving were excellent and he learned quickly under the guidance of Filipe.
It takes a lot to put your son's life in the hands of a stranger, but I always felt very confident in Filipe. He has children of his own, and so he knows.
We will be returning next year when my other son is old enough and we are sure to call on Filipe and Diving Adventures Cozumel.
I would recommend very highly

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Kevin M
DivingAdventures, Owner at Diving Adventures, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hola Kevin thank you for your words and for trusting me with your family diving, feel honored.
Looking forward to dive with you next year.
Have a great Holiday season!
Griffin
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my second trip to Cozumel and diving with Diving Adventures! Felipe and his staff were excellent and really cared about all of us having a safe and fun time! I will definitely be using them again on my next visit.

Allen Edwards
Atlanta, GA

Visited November 2012
Hola Allen thank you for your review, and for choosing us as your dive operator in Cozumel, hope to have you diving with us again in the near future.
Have a great Holiday season.