“Best Fajitas Ever!”

Los Dorados de Villa
Ranked #241 of 363 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Fajitas Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I had the best fajitas we have ever had here! Our server recommended the Fajitas El Pastor and they were amazing! We actually went back the next night and had them again. Great location too...there was live music playing which was lots of fun and our server was great! Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Emily B

Minong, Wisconsin
“Good food in the main square!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have eaten here several times, and love the coconut shrimp. Have also tried the caribbean shrimp which was good. Usually offering 2 for one margarita, and has excellent service. All around a decent place to stop and eat, the only drawback is that it is an "out in the open" type of restaurant. This makes for having to watch all of the people from the cruise ships passing by. Would and will eat here again!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Anthony B
Waterloo,Iowa
“Don't do It!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Stopped for a drink, he said two for one, it did not happen! By the time we go out of there they charged us $240 peso(four beers and salsa), that is $20 US, he can buy a whole meat for that.......if you are facing the town square from the ocean it is on the right hand side about 1/2 way up.

• Visited February 2012
SGF, MO
“Decent little spot for breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

It was cloudy and threatened rain as we walked the plaza. Hungry and looking for a spot to avoid getting wet, we stopped at the tiny Los Dorados de Villa restaurant as I had a plate of huevos rancheros on my mind.
After perusing the menu, I settled on a variation with more goodies involved. The missus had an order of guacamole and chips. The complimentary chips, salsa, pico and sliced jalepenos were a nice introduction to our meal. The salsa was very hot and flavorful but a bit thin. I ended up using everything but the chips atop my huevo rancheros variation which contained at least four eggs and filled the entire plate.
Afterward, the waiter offered us 2 for 1 margaritas which we took him up on. They were just okay, nothing special, but well equipped with tequilla. With this, the food and two Coke Lights, the tab with tip was about $25 which I thought was reasonable for what we received.
The rain alternately came and went as we sat under a canopy on the plaza while a member of the staff would run out to lower a protective flap or raise it depending on the rain situation, keeping us dry. All employees were involved, very courteous, friendly and helpful.
I would recommend Los Dorados de Villa for breakfast or lunch without hesitation or excessive expectation.

• Visited November 2011
Alexandria, Louisiana, USA
“yummmm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

This was our 3rd time to eat here - once for breakfast and twice for dinner. On our last trip to Cozumel a local couldn't finish her bacon wrapped shrimp dish ... so we gladly sampled. On this past visit, we headed straight there our first night. It wasn't disappointing! I mad myself sick off them and hardly touched the items on my plate. Easily could feed two people. Margaritas aren't bad either! I remember breakfast being pretty good too. We always bring both VISA and MC with us and usually plenty of cash. We had forgotten cash for the tip. They don't let you add it to the charge, so bring enough for a tip. While my husband went back to our local hotel on the main street for some cash to leave, I sipped another margarita. :) We figured the waiters work for tip and are not paid by the restaurant. I would have felt horrible not to have left anything. Note: you might even want to give the musicians that walk around a little tip. They always ask to play, and are actually very good.

• Visited July 2011