“Casa Deja Blue is a great place to stay.”
other travelers have booked this property
King Bedroom unit 1 Standard Master Bath
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
King Bedroom unit 1
Standard Master Bath
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 134 reviews

Reviews from our community

Marissa25...
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Casa Deja Blue is a great place to stay.”
Reviewed January 30, 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Casa Deja Blue is a great place to stay. The rooms and the grounds are clean and well maintained. It is very secure and I feel safe the entire time I was there. Everything was taken care of in a very timely manner and Dennis went out of his way to ensure the trip was a success.

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Techboy07
Denver, Colorado
“Nice, laid back place to stay”
Reviewed January 25, 2011 for a stay in January 2011

We are avid divers that like to get to Cozumel to break up the winter. In previous trips, I've rented homes because I was with a larger group, but this time, I needed only a place for 2 people. Deja Blue is away from the traffic and cruise ship crowds but close enough that you can join in the mayhem, if you desire. Located in a quiet neighborhood just a few blocks south of the MegaMarket and Chedraui, it was perfect for what we needed.
The goods:
Kitchenette to prepare your own meals
Cost is very reasonable
Quiet neighborhood with easy access to shops
Dennis, the manager is very helpful

The others:
Bed was OK. I would call it average in comfort

This place is geared for travelers on a budget who don't require a lot of amenities. If you're a diver who wants a low-key, gem of a place to stay, this is where you should go.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with teenagers Tourists
GaQuaFra
Denver, Colorado
“offered exactly what I needed for a 1 week dive trip”
Reviewed January 24, 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Management was very helpful and friendly.
The kitchen equipment could be a little better (sharp knifes, more/different glasses, non leaking big bowels.)
The toilet cleaning could have been better; availability of a toilet brush or similar tool would be useful.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with teenagers Tourists
Jasonkiti...
Nunavut
“Dennis has problems kicked out after two days”
Reviewed January 23, 2011 for a stay in December 2010
people found this review helpful

Where to start, I arrived after super on the 28th of December 2010 after having difficulties locating the place. I had left a $1000 us deposit prior to my arrival, the unit was rented through a third party agency. I was met by Denis the owner who was sitting at the gate, he seemed to be annoyed about the time we arrived. He greeted us by stating that if we were going to be staying there that I would have to produce $1200.00 cash. I explained that I did not have the money right now but would get it for him the following day as we been travelling all day and it was getting dark, Dennis agreed. The following day me, my wife and five year old daughter went to town for the day, I went to the bank and got the money to pay for the unit. Denis had instructed to shout out his name when we needed to talk to him. At 18:30 I called for him and he did not respond, at 20:30 I went out to meet friends and called for him he did not respond, I returned at 00:30 he was no where in site. In the morning I met with the third party who I rented the property through, I gave him the money to give to Dennis. When he went to pay Dennis, Dennis freaked out and told him we had to be out of the unit by 11 am the next day. I went to speak with Dennis to try to find out what was going on and reason with him. He was in a very agitated state and yelling at me stating that he was fed up with this [--] and that I was suppose to pay on the first day on arrival, I informed him that I had the money but he was not around when I went to pay him, he said he didn't care and that I had to get out, I informed him that I had my wife and five year old with me too, he said he didn't care and that he could rent the unit I was in several times over since I was there as people were knocking at his door. He then said this and I quote: "This is what happens you deal with dirty corrupt Mexicans." Pretty strong words from him considering he's not mexican. My wife then interrupted after hearing Dennis shouting. I broke the news to my wife and daughter who both started to cry, try to explain to a five year old about a person like Dennis. Dennis then threatened to call the police if we did not leave.
After this the third party person I rented through (the dirty mexican as per Dennis) was able to find us within two hours a two bedroom waterfront apt which was much nicer then what we had Casa Deja Bleu.
The two bedroom unit we had was adequate. The pool was freezing cold and I had to put a wetsuit to go in with my daughter and was going to buy one for her two prior to getting kicked out. The court yard receives little sun throughout the day do to location of the building.
I have little nice to say about my experience about staying there, prior and during my bookings I was never advised about having money on hand to pay the difference. I would like to mention that I'm a police officer and this is by far the worse I've ever been treated anywhere's and I've travelled a lot.
I would like to thank Dennis for the Merry Christmas and Happy New Year he provided me and my family. I would've commented earlier but I was afraid that Dennis would've read this and if we met in town, I was worried because of his agitated and apparently violent nature that it could've lead to a confrontation that I did not want.
If you do want to stay here, Dennis is only about $$$$$$ and has no common sense or compassion.
I think everyone will get the picture of the start of my holiday. I'm happy for the third party agency for looking after us after we left.

Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Young singles Friends getaway
Management Response
Jan 22, 2011
They didn't pay the deposit on time and they didn't have any money when they got here . i let them stay 3 days for free before i asked them to leave.
London

Reviewed January 10, 2011 for a stay in December 2010

Traveling group: Solo traveler
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$50
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing