“Overall good experience”

and up
Amazing Cozumel Race: Small-Group Tour and Scavenger Hunt
Ranked #1 of 7 Fun & Games in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Play Amazing Cozumel Race - an interactive, clue-based adventure game that's like a reality show! Equal parts live-action mystery novel, and scavenger hunt, it's the best and most fun way to experience Cozumel. Form teams of two or more, with a maximum of ten guests per team. Spend an exciting day racing throughout Cozumel, solving devious clues each step of the way. Try to be the first to unlock a secret code and defeat an ancient Mayan Curse. Enjoy a brief snorkeling adventure. Use your wits, energy, and sense of adventure as you race against time. See a side of Cozumel most visitors never get to see. Enjoy a post-race race awards ceremony at a local restaurant with prizes for top finishers plus two complimentary beverages for all participants!
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I agreed that this was a great way to see more of Cozumel as the race "forces" you to go to an assortment of areas to find more clues. The only reason I rated it as a 4 instead of a 5 is that I felt a bit rushed. I wanted to linger a little longer at some of the attractions but was "prodded" by the organizing staff to get going (we came in last any way). Having said that, still a great experience and the staff were truly wonderful.

1  Thank dbellamy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,912)

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I thought being a fairly athletic family of 4, we'd finish somewhere near the top. Boy was I wrong . We finished 17th out of 20 and the last place team decided to quit and just drink, lol. We had a great time running (well walking briskly) all around finding and deciphering clues. Wear comfy clothes and running shoes as you will be on the go!

1  Thank cschuten
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was even more fun than we thought it would be. I love the show and this gave us a little taste of the adventures. Being in a place and a country we have never visited we felt like we really had a chance to have an experience that was far more authentic than a simple tour. So glad we chose this. Great to experience the celebration in the end at a local restaurant where the food and beer were great!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was the highlight of our recent Cozumel vacation. The event was 1st class and was certainly unique compared to other things one can do in Mexico. We were staying at a nearby resort and found the meeting place quite easily. Others were on a cruise excursion and I believe were transported by cab to the meeting location. It was organized by an energetic and fun crew.

We were all over San Miguel on foot over the course of several hours. In total, it is about 4 miles of walking/jogging/running, so wear comfortable footwear. You follow a series of clues that require some thought and puzzle-solving, but do not require you to have pre-existing knowledge of Cozumel. If you are staying on the island for several days, I recommend doing the Amazing Cozumel Race at the beginning of your stay. After the Amazing Cozumel Race, we were very comfortable traveling the town by foot and knew our way around for the most part. Plus, the Race gives you the chance to see how friendly and safe the town is.

My only recommendation is that while it is certainly appropriate for younger children, they are more likely to tire easily, as it's very active and in the heat of Cozumel. Pre-teens and teens will love this, though.

2  Thank Bigemail
Reviewed March 24, 2013

On March 5th I joined my wife and two friends in the race. Had a fantastic time, saw much of the town that we probably would not have seen. There was 20 teams participating today and we came in 8th, not bad for four middle aged people. Would recommend this for anyone whether you are just a couple or a group or a family. Fun for all.

1  Thank pcwalton1