“Close to the real Amazing Race on TV!”

The Amazing Cozumel Race
Book In Advance
More Info
$78.99*
and up
Amazing Cozumel Race: Small-Group Tour and Scavenger Hunt
Ranked #1 of 7 Fun & Games in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Play Amazing Cozumel Race - an interactive, clue-based adventure game that's like a reality show! Equal parts live-action mystery novel, and scavenger hunt, it's the best and most fun way to experience Cozumel. Form teams of two or more, with a maximum of ten guests per team. Spend an exciting day racing throughout Cozumel, solving devious clues each step of the way. Try to be the first to unlock a secret code and defeat an ancient Mayan Curse. Enjoy a brief snorkeling adventure. Use your wits, energy, and sense of adventure as you race against time. See a side of Cozumel most visitors never get to see. Enjoy a post-race race awards ceremony at a local restaurant with prizes for top finishers plus two complimentary beverages for all participants!
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We booked this attraction thru Carnival Cruise lines during our trip in July 2010. As a huge fan of the show, this excursion was so close to the real thing! They meet you at the port and give you cell phones for any emergency and help you might need during the race. They take you in taxis to a mall in down town Cozumel where they explain the rules, the maps, and start the race. Unlike the real show, you are not allowed to take a taxi to the locations. All locations are within miles so you go on foot-basically you run! The clues are also very tricky and hard to get. You are sent to a museum, to a couple of monuments, and to a market. Our race started late so we weren't allowed to do the water challenge-where you swim out and get a clue. My daughter, who was 10, and I were the only 2 member team. There were 16 teams-most of them from 3 to 8 people per team. I recommend having a smaller team since its easier to move from one place to another and you don't have to wait for 7 other people. My daughter and I came in 2nd place out of those 16 teams. The other two teams that got 1st and 3rd were teams of 4. So I guess 4 or less is the best for a team. During our race, our cruise towels were lost by the hosts and they replaced my towels by paying for them. That was superb! The race is long and it does take you thru the streets of down town Cozumel. It was the best-it was very hard too! Not easy like we thought it was going to be. If you are a fan of the show, I do recommend it!

1  Thank FaeTravel
Write a ReviewReviews (2,008)
All reviews
"sunken ship"
in 32 reviews
"amazing excursion"
in 22 reviews
"highly recommend this excursion"
in 55 reviews
"free drinks"
in 21 reviews
"fun experience"

Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Amazing Cozumel Race was just that--amazing! During the race you will have the opportunity to see parts of the city you would miss out on otherwise. The staff were super nice and made the day great. The locals are all really into it and pointed us in the right direction on several occasions. The entire race includes about 3.5 miles of walking/running but it is all within the tourist area of Cozumel (so feels very safe-- they also give you a cell phone in case of emergency). The experience is great for people of all ages and fitness levels. You just have to be able to walk about 4 miles within a 2-2.5 hour time period. The teams that came in 1st and 2nd during my race ran part of the time. My boyfriend and I did not run at all but solved the clues quickly and came in 3rd. During my race, teams of older people beat teams of twenty-somethings so you can definitely make up for lack of physical speed by being smart with the clues and working together. I highly recommend the Amazing Cozumel Race. You will get a good workout, meet some locals, see the city, and have a wonderful time!

3  Thank dkalo
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was so much fun for us. My 9 & 12 yr old enjoyed this fast-paced learning experience. We got to do things we would not have otherwise. If you start adding all the things we did, and how much they are individually, you will findout is totally worth it. Moreover, we had a blast working together as a team. We came in 6th place and I can definitely say, it was my fault. My kids were really into it. I absolutely recommended for everyone because the people are bilingual, helpful and fun.

3  Thank Claudia M
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We had a great time doing the Amazing Cozumel Race! The organizers did an 'Amazing' job! It was so well put together and we loved being able to see parts of Cozumel that we normally would not have seen. It was very family friendly and we felt very safe. The party at the end was also a lot of fun! I would recommend this to everyone!!!

2  Thank Lesli W
See more reviews
Reviewed August 24, 2011

To me, this was the best day/excursion of our recent trip. This is a great idea for family and friends to do if you are in Cozumel. The race was organized nicely by the Amazing Race staffers that met us and laid down the rules. After that we were given our packets, a cell phone in case of emergencies and we were off. Ill leave the details out so as not to spoil it if you plan on going but the perfect amount of physical and mental challenges along the way as well as grabbing the local flavor of the area. We ended up in 3rd overall for the day but we did have a very competitive 8 year old on our team and missed 2nd by about a minute. Proud to say members of our crew took the gold. We partied like rock stars at the final location with beer, some really smooth tequila shots and authentic Mexican food. Great time, good adventure. Good luck future Amazing Racers of Cozumel.