“Beautiful turquoise water for snorkeling, very attentive waiter, good drinks!”

Mr Sanchos Beach Club Cozumel
Mr. Sancho's Beach Club All-Inclusive Day Pass
Ranked #4 of 158 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Fee: No
Owner description: At Mr. Sancho's Beach Club we offer Restaurant-Bar services and 3 pools, two with a swim up bar. The entrance is totally free, no cover nor a minimum consumption is required. As well we offer free Wifi for all our guests,. We have the largest private beach on the island with over 1000 feet of white sand at Cozumel's sea shore, where you can enjoy our Aquatic Park, wave runners, parasailing, banana boat rides, snorkeling tours, scuba diving, or you could ride a horse or an ATV through the jungle and the beach. At Mr. Sancho's we have two options: our famous All Inclusive Package or our Pay as You Go service. In the All Inclusive Package you can enjoy all you can eat from our menu freshly prepared and cooked especially for you or our extensive buffet; as well as, all the drinks, beers, sodas and cocktails you would like from our open bar. You will also have access to the pool-bar, beach lounge chairs, kayaks, hammocks, lockers and Beach Cabanas (upon availability)**. In our Pay as You Go service you will only pay for what you consume and we offer free entrance to the beach, use of beach lounge chairs for free and free Wifi for our clients. At Mr. Sancho's you will find the best beach, the best facilities, a family atmosphere, friendly and professional treatment from our staff and of course the best food and drinks. You can experience our hospitality Monday to Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm Local Time. Closed on Sundays. The All Inclusive Package is available from Monday to Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Local Time. **(This package does not include the Acuatic Park, towels, liquor shots and do not operate on Sundays)
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Austin, Texas
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“Beautiful turquoise water for snorkeling, very attentive waiter, good drinks!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We were on the Carnival Triumph which only stops in Cozumel and is only there for a very short port call. We were on the ship for a conference, so the port call is just a side benefit, but it also means that we cannot get to the mainland for any meaningful exploration on this cruise. So we've looked for things to do when we have done this cruise. This time, some members of the group wanted to go to Mr. Sancho's, an all inclusive a few miles South of the Carnival cruise terminal. We took 6 people in a van and because I spoke Spanish, we were able to get the whole group there for a total of $32 plus tip. I've read other reviews where some cabbies charged people $10 per person. So make sure before you get in the cab you arrive at what it is going to cost you. And speak Spanish if you can. The cabbies all speak English, but if you can speak Spanish, do it as it gets you a better price. What we had found on the internet was that it was $50 per day per person for the all inclusive for all mixed drinks, two types of beer, and buffet food, but the sign said it was $55 per person when we got there and they acted like that was just the way it was. We normally don't buy a lot of food on excursions because you get all the food you want free on the ship, but we were with a group, so decided to go with them. Our waiter was Hector and he was great. But it appeared all of the waiters were running constantly trying to wait on the guests. We got there early and got lounge chairs right on the beach. There are low palm trees just back from the water and I put mine under a palm to get as much shade as possible. (I'm making this comment in case my dermatologist is reading this review.) I completely covered myself in 50+ SPF sunscreen and reapplied every few hours. This is absolutely critical as the sun reflects off the water and the white sand, besides the light filtering through my palm leaves. But this is a place where Hector kept bringing a fresh drink (any kind of mixed drink you wanted or a Dos XX beer, or the local Sol beer. Hector watched everyone and if he saw your drink getting low, then he was there asking if you wanted another - plus he remembered what you had been drinking. Back to the sunscreen issue, for some people who were drinking a lot and partying in the shallow water, they seemed to forget about the sunscreen and got more than they needed. So, if you're prone to take advantage of as much as you can drink as fast as you can get it down, then I'd suggest you get one of your group to be the designated sprayer and keep everyone covered in sunscreen!! Or if you were like the two bride's parties and one bachelor's party that were partying together in the shallow water, you might prefer the cream lotion that they seemed to enjoy rubbing on each other's bodies. (No, they weren't from the same weddings- but they were having fun!).

My wife likes to snorkel and you can put down a deposit for snorkel equipment. We had already brought a snorkel as rentals don't usually clean the mouth pieces very well. She swam around and found about 5 different species of fish, but really not very many fish. The buoys are not that far from the shore and speed boats and personal watercraft are racing down the coast just beyond them. So perhaps that keeps away some of the fish. At any rate, the water was calm most of the time and perfect for snorkeling and she loved it.

The buffet includes all the tortillas, tostados, queso, fish tacos, quesadillas, beef and chicken fajitas, and some other things that you want to eat, anytime you want them. Hector also brought some chips and pico de gallo and queso to one of the group who didn't want to walk all the way to the buffet (must have been all of 75 feet away, but I think she had had several drinks by then and Hector was more than happy to oblige!!)

There is a children's area, and you could use canoes and other non-motor boards if you wanted to. But my wife just preferred to snorkel and look for Nemo who she finally found.

As to the bottom line question of whether it was worth $110 for two people, given the outrageous price of drinks on cruise ships, it didn't take a lot of drinks over the day to nearly offset the price. Plus the food was good. Being from Texas, we're used to really good Mexican food and I think the fish tacos, beef fajitas, and chicken fajitas were very good. (Yes, the fish tacos may explain why my wife didn't find too many fish while snorkeling!)

So bottom line is that my wife loved it and wants to go again. That means I want to go again as I have been well-trained and want my wife to be happy!

5 Thank Gary1836
MrSanchos, Gerente at Mr Sanchos Beach Club Cozumel, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear guest:

Thank you very much for your visit and for recommend us to friends and family.

Certainly Cozumel has beautiful turquoise water for great snorkeling a lot of sunshine.

We are glad you enjoyed our delicious food and drinks.

We'll make sure to tell Hector he did a great job serving you both always with a smile on his face.

We hope to serve you and your wife again, please come back soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“We'll never use any other beach in Cozumel”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This place is the best!!! Oliver, Miguel, and Pedro were fantastic for our party of 24. I had emailed ahead of time and Oliver set our group up with Pedro for the day and a wonderful spot on the AI side. This place is everything good you've ever read about. The beach and sand are awesome, the pool area is incredible, and the food is just out of this world. We have some quacamole lovers in our group and they all agreed it was the best they'd ever had. The coconut shrimp was everything as advertised, just great!!!

The drinks were also awesome. They are definitely not watered down. We had one mom who didn't quite realize how strong they were until is was just about too late. But she was fine by the time we headed back to the ship. The great thing about this place is how many things there are to do for everyone. We had kids ranging in age from 6 - 17 and they all had a blast. Our group enjoyed the water park, parasailing, jet skiiing, and we even had a couple people go on the atv tour and just loved it. There was no pressure from anyone to do any of these fun activities, but when we wanted to do it Pedro took care of everything.

I could go on and on about how much our group enjoyed our day. It just made our whole vacation worth while. It was by far the most fun day for our entire group!!!

1 Thank 5Hawkeyes
Dear guest:

We thank very much for a wonderful review and for recommend us to friends and family.

We are glad Miguel and Pedro did a great job taking care of you and your group.

We appreciate very much your visit and we really hope to serve you again.

Houston, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Very nice but spoiled by resorts”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

First, we went during spring break so the place was very crowded in fact we had two lounge chairs- zero shade way at the end of the beach. I have a 2 year old who naps. So we headed to the pool for awhile and the bartenders were very attentive. We bought the all inclusive with 2 tickets to the water park for my husband and my 7 year old. They both really enjoyed this but a word of warning, it's a lot of swimming. They offer the kids comp life vests. The boys also took a sea kayak out for more exercise! By 1:30pm, a table with an umbrella opened up so we moved and I had shade. The waiters are super attentive. Yes we bought the hokey blue tribal lady family photo for grins. They take this picture when you arrive. I did peek at the live fish pedicures-they offered 2 kinds, little babies for tender feet and then bigger ones-very interesting and trendy now. I chickened out because the sand in Cozumel is rather course so my feet were already getting sanded. The resort is very clean but it's a beach break. I prefer day passes at resorts but we didn't have this option this cruise stop. I think the service sells this place. BTW, everyone seemed very happy with all the water craft and thrills you can purchase. I thought the food was fine. Tortillas were very fresh. I would return- I think the price is a little high but you pay for the privacy. The beach is gorgeous ( Last, they wouldn't give us a van on the return and made us cram in a tiny car. They said the van was double but it wasn't double price when we took it from the port to the beach!) There were plenty of taxis though.

Visited March 2014
MrSanchos, Manager at Mr Sanchos Beach Club Cozumel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear guest:

Thank you for your visit and for your excellent review.

We are glad you enjoyed our clean facilities, delicious food and drinks and friendly service.

We appreciate every comment our guest share with us.

We hope to serve you again, please come back soon.

New York, NY
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fun, fun, Alcohol, Fun”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

All inclusive beach playground...we reserved all-inclusive on-line which included all food, beverages, some watersports, a private palapa, table w chairs, lounge chairs, pool. Waterpark was $10 extra but worth it - kids stayed there all day! Resort is very clean; workers Very friendly, drinks are delicious and potent! Gotta try the tamarind margarita! Buffett food was plentiful...could also order anything off the menu and it is included in the all-inclusive price. My son LOVED the steak fajitas and ate 2 plates...they lost $ on him! They offer massages, fish pedicures, temporRy tattoos for a price. Some shops on-site and owners will bargain with you over prices...my son got a lucadoro Mexican wrestler mask for $15 (more in shops at the pier.). Gets very crowded and you need to watch any valuables you bring with you. I caught some 'clean cut', 18 year old, preppie kid checking out my backpack....when I asked if I could help him he made some lame excuse and went back to his friends table where they all started laughing. Not cool. Next time I'll buy a water wallet and stick my $ in that around my wrist or ankle. I would definitely go back here....lots of fun and, in my opinion, worth the $.

Dear guest:

We are glad you enjoyed our delicious drinks, clean facilities and friendly service.

Certainly our water park is a lot of fun for all ages.

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your experience with us.

Please next time you come back don't forget to ask for your free locker.

Orlando
“Amazing place!!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Our family had an amazing time at Mr. Sancho's! We visited while at port during our cruise. The environment is great for all ages. The food was excellent!! Definitely a place we will visit again. See you soon!!!

Dear guest:

Thank you so much for your review, we are glad you all had an amazing time with us.

Thank you for your visit and for recommend us to friends and family.

We are glad you enjoyed our delicious food and clean facilities.

Please come back soon, we hope to serve again.