“Nice Day trip”

Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Chankanaab Adventure Beach Park is the most popular attraction in Cozumel. It is conveniently located just ten minute taxi ride from the cruise ship terminal. It´s a favorite for cruise ship passangers, day trippers, beach lovers. Enjoy the natural beauty of our beach and reef area,amaze yourself with our eco archaeological tour. All facilites included: restrooms, showers, huts, hammocks and beach chairs. Now your ticket includes: Sea Lion Show, Dolphin Presentation, Manatee Exhibition, Crocodile Exhibition and Eco Archaeological Tour. At Chankanaab Park you can also enjoy world class snorkel tour, scuba diving tour, snuba tour, seatrek tour, spa, temazcal, swim with dolphins and manatees tour for an additional cost. All fun in one place !
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nice day excursion with lots to do at the park. Well maintained and clean. Nice beach and access to water. Alberto made a beach entry dive out into the park lots of fun. Don't miss the statues.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,436)
All reviews
in 48 reviews
"an excursion"
in 113 reviews

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I, along with my aunt and uncle, went to Chankanaab National Park for the day when our cruise ship was in port.

We absolutely loved our visit here! There is so much to do.

We took a taxi (it cost $11) from the International Pier to Chankanaab in the morning. My aunt and uncle purchased their entrance tickets upon arrival. My husband and I had bought our tickets online a couple of months in advance.

At the park there are a lot of things to do. You can pay for a dolphin encounter (swim, push/pull, or touch), you can also pay for a seal lion encounter or a manatee encounter. All of the encounters cost additional money on top of the park entrance fee.

My husband and I did the sea lion encounter and had a blast! Try one of the encounters, how often do you get the chance? You can buy a picture CD of you encounter, plus you get a T-shirt and two printed photos for about $129. Kind of expensive, but since it was for mine and my husband's photos I thought it was worth it.

The things included with entrance are: a tour of the dolphin area where you view the dolphins, the dolphin babies, the manatees, and the manta rays. No photos are allowed in this area. Also included in the park entrance fee is the sea lion show, snorkeling, swimming, walking trails, viewing the crocodiles, viewing the lagoon (take a close look in here! Lots of fish to see. We even saw a puffer fish!) the tequila tour, and the Mayan Ruin area.

After the sea lion show all guests have the opportunity to be kissed by a sea lion. Don't expect to get photos of this yourself. A professional photographer will take pictures you can buy later. With how cheap the park entrance fee is I think this is okay. I'd rather pay less for entrance and a little more for photos.

The park also has an area for kayaking and scuba diving! I'm not sure if these cost extra.

The park has 3 restaurants. Two are outdoor, one indoor. The indoor restaurant has an all you can eat buffet for $16. You get a wristband and your privileges last all day. Feel free to eat, go swimming, come back and eat again! The buffet also includes drinks.

I personally ate at the outdoor restaurant near the snorkeling beaches. I had the sampler plate for $13. It was delicious!

They are in the process of building a zip line as well. Not sure what the price will be but it looks like it will be fun!

The bathrooms were clean, and the beaches weren't over crowded. I highly recommend this place!

8  Thank flyawayCA
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Good place for families to spend a day relaxing. Enjoyed the sea lion show very much. The dolphin guide Paulina was excellent; she took her time answering questions and gave a thorough explanation.( It is clear she loves the sea lions, manatees, and dolphins and she has a lovely personality.) We spent a lot of time at the beautiful,immaculate pool in between roaming the well kept grounds. The botanical garden with the replicas of ruins was fun too.
The only negative was that the beach is tiny. That would likely be desirable for families with small children.Print out a coupon on-line before you go-it is good for $2 off each person,bringing the entrance fee down to $19.

2  Thank joslinm1
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I loved the park, the crocodiles, dolphins, sea lions & snorkeling were so awesome! Our tour guide, Ansel, made sure we knew where everything was and was lots of fun to hang out with. Charlie was incredibly sweet & very informative. We loved everything about this trip.